Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 4:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

Hell yeah! Hell no!

42 years ago today

They thought the demonstration was over, stiudents were leaving for class. When the National Guard reached the top of the hill they turned and opened fire.

We've been on the topic of racism and the Kent State Massacre is famous and Jackson State (Mississippi) killings, a week later, are almost unknown. Of course it was Blacks who were killed at Jackson State.

In Jackson State the police killed 2 and a dozen students were hospitalized. A federal investigation revealed that ambulances were not called until after the officers had picked up their shell casings.

on Kent State; http://www.may4archive.org/survivors.shtml

Jackson State: http://blackagendareport.com/content...wo-mississippiName:  1112.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  14.6 KB

Picture of a student dorm at Jackson State
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 5:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has there ever been anything about America that you would find satisfactory?

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 5:36pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting piece of history that I never knew about. The link was not great but google is my friend. So do you have any thoughts on this?

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 5:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Interesting piece of history that I never knew about. The link was not great but google is my friend. So do you have any thoughts on this?
    Directed at OP

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 7:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    There's never been anything about anything that he has found satisfactory.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 8:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    I love my country, I hate the way it's going toward oligarchy and fascism. Remember I was in Vietnam until the Robert McNamara fired Dad for telling the truth to the Joint Chiefs. Remember too that my family were drinking buddies with the later head of CIA William Colby, recently murdered. I learned young to see through the bullshit.

Here's one for yah,
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 8:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    To be fair, racism is a factor in why Kent State is more remembered, but also (1) it came first and (2) there's that iconic photo. By the time Jackson State happened, Kent State had already produced a massive response (an enormous nationwide student strike, huge and violent demonstrations, etc.) In all the chaos, Jackson State kind of seemed like just one more thing. And the Jackson State students were much more violent. And they were in Mississippi, where media was scant as compared to Ohio.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 5/04/2012 8:24pm at .

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 8:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    There's never been anything about anything that he has found satisfactory.
    You can kiss my ass.

That said, having visited or lived in much of Europe and Asia, I do like the fact that a family from India can immigrate to the US and quickly become American, whereas if one of us moved to India we'd never be seen as Indian.

I like it that I can speak out in the US. The problem is, however, if I speak well and gain power they will shoot me. I fear for Ron Paul. When I was a young man they shot my heroes.

See, when Kent State happened I was doing time, solitary, and they'd just announced that not only did the US have a secret war in Cambodia, but that we'd already dropped more bombs on Cambodia THAN GERMANY RECEIVED IN THE ENTIRE WWII. So I kinda got a bad attitude.

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 8:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    I love my country, I hate the way it's going toward oligarchy and fascism. Remember I was in Vietnam until the Robert McNamara fired Dad for telling the truth to the Joint Chiefs. Remember too that my family were drinking buddies with the later head of CIA William Colby, recently murdered. I learned young to see through the bullshit.

Here's one for yah,
    Any ideas for stopping the oligarchy and facism trend you see? I think government influence over is increasing and wealth is concentrating so I see your point. I have not heard any good ideas to stop this trend.

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 9:07pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like it that I can speak out in the US. The problem is, however, if I speak well and gain power they will shoot me. I fear for Ron Paul. When I was a young man they shot my heroes.

So I kinda got a bad attitude.
    Really? I never would've guessed.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast