Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2012 5:54pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One time a kid in my high school was new and didnt know i had won wrestling state twice in a row and i was one of our best in weight lifting in gym so he picked a fight with me to act tough. He tried punching me so i doged it so he tried a crappy double leg. I sprawled and lifted him up throwing him onto the ground. After he got up i did a firemans and he just gave up after that. Ironically he later won state the year after i was done with high school.

Posted On:
    6/12/2012 6:57pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmafighter23 View Post
    One time a kid in my high school was new and didnt know i had won wrestling state twice in a row and i was one of our best in weight lifting in gym so he picked a fight with me to act tough. He tried punching me so i doged it so he tried a crappy double leg. I sprawled and lifted him up throwing him onto the ground. After he got up i did a firemans and he just gave up after that. Ironically he later won state the year after i was done with high school.
    A bully with skills, not a good combo, too bad you did not accentuate the lesson so he would rethink future bullying. On a side note, I hate the made for tv movie myth about bullies not having skills. It diminishes just how scary some situations are.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/13/2012 11:20am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    On a side note, I hate the made for tv movie myth about bullies not having skills. It diminishes just how scary some situations are.
    There was a troublemaker/bully in my junior high that kicked my friend in the face with a spinning hook kick, which somehow pinched his upper lip between his retainer and teeth.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/14/2012 1:27am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muerteds View Post
    I hear that if you paint your board red, it will go faster. Everyone knows red goes faster. :)

I don't have any good new fight stories. I already told them all. I did fight with a rock off Sandies yesterday, teaching the progeny how to boogie board. Rock 1, Knee 0.
    I got back in the surf yesterday for the first time in a month. I'd wiped out with my boogie board hanging on the leash, on my back with my pants pulled down to my knees, skimming the fucking shallow rocks at Pohoiki! I knew that if I bent to pull up my fucking shorts my ass would be sliced to **** by the reef. SURE WISH I WAS WEARING MY TIGHT BLACK SPEEDOS! Instinct, and went into survival mode, flipped over dug my feet (had fins of course) into the rocks and got the hell outside tootsweet. Had to avoid the water as I'd opened up a bad gash on the back of my heel. The scratches down my back and ass weren't too bad...

One summer ALL my friends got cut up at Sandy Beach, all except me. So Muerteds, I'll be on O'ahu for turkey day vacation, wanna throwdown? Or I could just give you body surfing lessons (drink beer and watch, it's much safer).
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2012 7:08pm

Style: Muay Thai, Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've recently had to break up an almost fight wich almost started at our student café. Well, it started at almost fight and then ended up in them being confused. Some new Erasmus student from the USA gets words with one of our recent graduates who works as an professor's assistant now.

One of the graduates friends tells the American student how he should back off since the graduate did taekwondo. The student's reply "So what! I do bjj!"

At which the graduate asks, with a completly confused look on his face: "Is that something like BBB" BBB being the most well known women's excercise program in Belgium.

The student then tells him it's Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at which the graduate asks if that is that brazilian dance thingy.

At that point, after I stopped laughing, I intervened. Told the graduate, whome I know well, that he would lose the fight. And gave the student the adress to the only bjj club in the near vicinity of my university city, and got his email so we could get together next year to get some extra training in.

Moral of the story: To those coming to the Euromega: The average Belgian has never heard of bjj, has no clue what mma is and thinks muay thai is something you order at an Asian restaurant.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2012 7:59pm

Style: MMA,JJ,Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gosh, I haven't posted in that forum in a long ass time...

Well a few weeks ago I had a small sparring/semi serious fight with a guy at a party.

Story goes as follow:

I was at a party in the woods with a bunch of friends and chicks and everything was going pretty well, nice campfire, nice chicks, nice talk, etc.

I was with a girl, she was teasing me and I was teasing her back and then I went in a pretend boxing stance because we were play fighting a little and I was playing around and then some fat guy who was sitting across from me went "Your stance is bullshit!", one of my friend told him to sit the **** down because I actually trained in boxing and know what I was talking about better than he did (In all humility, I only trained for a total of 4 years in different arts, I like to think of myself as a decent fighter because Martial Arts are my passion and I invested myself a lot, but I'm still a rookie when it comes to the competitive scene and I've had my ass handed to me plenty of times). but still, the guy insisted, seeing this as a challenge, I told the guy to show me why my stance sucked so much.

I only wanted a litlle sparring with the guy, I made that clear from the start, no hit to the face, semi-contact blows, Can't go on the ground because there were rocks and roots all over the fucking place, just playing around since we weren't properly equiped or supervised. Now, things went well this night and I'm glad because I haven't trained in 3 full years since a fight injury to the shoulder and it hurts me 24/7, usually I cannot fight on it at all, this night, however, I had drank a little, I was not drunk, but I had drank enough so that I was more relaxed and my injury didn't bother me one bit. So feeling smooth, I just went on with the challenge and went in a serious boxing stance. He looked at me, actually laughed at my stance and...I **** you not, the guy went into the ONE stance I NEVER expected to see someone IRL take.

He took a drunken boxing stance.

Now, keep in mind that this guy had NO training whatsoever in his entire life as I would later find out, at first I thought he was seriously into Zui Quan, so I knew that very little ammounts of school actually spar, but I kept my distance just in case. What really happened, though, is that this guy simply tried to rush me. As I said, the guy was fat, but he was not some landwhale, he was still pretty tall, big and stronger than I was, so I couldn't just play rock with this guy, I took a few of his punches to see how serious this guy was and he was actually pretty serious, so I blocked no further and side stepped before he'd pin me on a tree. By that point it was pretty clear this guy didn't know **** about what he was doing, he was telegraphying every of his punches miles before they'd reach me and he would carelessly throw combos he probably imitated from movies.

The fact that I side stepped from his rush unarmed kind of pissed him off a little. Keep in mind I haven't fought in 3 years and I was still kind of rusty too, but since the guy had no training, it evened the beginning of the fight a little. The guy laughed again and took an even deeper stance, like the ones you'd see masters in movies take to signal "now I'm getting serious!" This guy was completely into his own fantasy, I tried to drop it at first, but he realy wanted the fight to continue, so I obliged, took my stance and...he rushed me again, no different from the last time, but this time I wanted this **** to end, so I punched too, first moved a few of his swings away and blocked some others just to get closer to him, when I was well past his guard I simply started to swing at his countless openings, a few rib shots, a punch to the solar plexus, blocked two or three blows and then swung another at his ribs then backed off to take a bit of distance.

At this point the guy was pissed, the fight was not going the way he intended it to go, he rushed again (he would pretty much do nothing but this for the rest of the fight.), but this time the guy actually swung at my face a couple of times, luckily the guy was incompetent enough so that I could avoid the majority of them, but he did touch my face a couple of time and left a small scratch on the bridge of my nose, the end of his rush was ended with an attempt at swinging an elbow at my face which I was able to deflect. The guy stopped and told me that I was lucky, otherwise this elbow would have K.O'd me, I didn't care about his bullshit talk, I wanted to end this fight, show that I wasn't fucking around and that I could just knock his face in if I wanted to. I did not want blows to the face, I had no gloves and no mouth piece and I didn't want any of us to end up with serious injuries and broken teeth, still, even when I told him, he swung at my face again, he was visibly angry that I didn't react to his intimidation and he swung to my face again, this time I wanted to show him for real, I didn't actually punch his face, but I swung at his face a couple of time to show him how opened it was, just throwing air at him. I started kicking too, threw a few kicks to his legs and sides, threw a kick behind his knee and made him fling, he got up and tried to grab my face, this guy intended to go grappling, I grabbed the behind of his neck and was able to get off his hold and I moved behind him, holding him in some kind of a choke with one arm. I was past his guard now and I let my hold go and threw an elbow right at his neck, gently holding my strenght back, as I said, by now all I wanted to show the guy was that he was out of his league.

when he turned around he tried a spin kick at me, failed miserably and opened himself to a nice push kick to the chest, by this point he told me he didn't want kicks now, he gave me the reason that, in his words: "If I start kicking too, I will aim at your face and you will go down pretty kickly." So I just wen twith him, Boxing you want? Boxing it will be, nothing but hand magic and foot work.

The rest of the fight isn't really interesting, as I said, all this guy could do was rush me with choregraphied moves, so all I did was move around, throw a few punches then backed away, I did this back and forth for a couple of minutes still and then just stopped, I kind of had enough of this.

Ok, I know, this is nothing like an interesting fight, I fought an inexperienced guy so I know it's just a small victory and all, I don'T actually feel proud of this fight, but it did make my day as it was pretty comical, so yeah, just wanted to share a funny story about some guy who didn't know better and that even when you keep your **** silent, a lot of people still want to prove how hardass they think they are.

This did spark my interest in training again, I need to get my injury treated soon.
    Last edited by IHZ; 6/15/2012 8:05pm at .

Posted On:
    6/15/2012 10:34pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IHZ View Post
    Gosh, I haven't posted in that forum in a long ass time...

Well a few weeks ago I had a small sparring/semi serious fight with a guy at a party.

Story goes as follow:

I was at a party in the woods with a bunch of friends and chicks and everything was going pretty well, nice campfire, nice chicks, nice talk, etc.

I was with a girl, she was teasing me and I was teasing her back and then I went in a pretend boxing stance because we were play fighting a little and I was playing around and then some fat guy who was sitting across from me went "Your stance is bullshit!", one of my friend told him to sit the **** down because I actually trained in boxing and know what I was talking about better than he did (In all humility, I only trained for a total of 4 years in different arts, I like to think of myself as a decent fighter because Martial Arts are my passion and I invested myself a lot, but I'm still a rookie when it comes to the competitive scene and I've had my ass handed to me plenty of times). but still, the guy insisted, seeing this as a challenge, I told the guy to show me why my stance sucked so much.

I only wanted a litlle sparring with the guy, I made that clear from the start, no hit to the face, semi-contact blows, Can't go on the ground because there were rocks and roots all over the fucking place, just playing around since we weren't properly equiped or supervised. Now, things went well this night and I'm glad because I haven't trained in 3 full years since a fight injury to the shoulder and it hurts me 24/7, usually I cannot fight on it at all, this night, however, I had drank a little, I was not drunk, but I had drank enough so that I was more relaxed and my injury didn't bother me one bit. So feeling smooth, I just went on with the challenge and went in a serious boxing stance. He looked at me, actually laughed at my stance and...I **** you not, the guy went into the ONE stance I NEVER expected to see someone IRL take.

He took a drunken boxing stance.

Now, keep in mind that this guy had NO training whatsoever in his entire life as I would later find out, at first I thought he was seriously into Zui Quan, so I knew that very little ammounts of school actually spar, but I kept my distance just in case. What really happened, though, is that this guy simply tried to rush me. As I said, the guy was fat, but he was not some landwhale, he was still pretty tall, big and stronger than I was, so I couldn't just play rock with this guy, I took a few of his punches to see how serious this guy was and he was actually pretty serious, so I blocked no further and side stepped before he'd pin me on a tree. By that point it was pretty clear this guy didn't know **** about what he was doing, he was telegraphying every of his punches miles before they'd reach me and he would carelessly throw combos he probably imitated from movies.

The fact that I side stepped from his rush unarmed kind of pissed him off a little. Keep in mind I haven't fought in 3 years and I was still kind of rusty too, but since the guy had no training, it evened the beginning of the fight a little. The guy laughed again and took an even deeper stance, like the ones you'd see masters in movies take to signal "now I'm getting serious!" This guy was completely into his own fantasy, I tried to drop it at first, but he realy wanted the fight to continue, so I obliged, took my stance and...he rushed me again, no different from the last time, but this time I wanted this **** to end, so I punched too, first moved a few of his swings away and blocked some others just to get closer to him, when I was well past his guard I simply started to swing at his countless openings, a few rib shots, a punch to the solar plexus, blocked two or three blows and then swung another at his ribs then backed off to take a bit of distance.

At this point the guy was pissed, the fight was not going the way he intended it to go, he rushed again (he would pretty much do nothing but this for the rest of the fight.), but this time the guy actually swung at my face a couple of times, luckily the guy was incompetent enough so that I could avoid the majority of them, but he did touch my face a couple of time and left a small scratch on the bridge of my nose, the end of his rush was ended with an attempt at swinging an elbow at my face which I was able to deflect. The guy stopped and told me that I was lucky, otherwise this elbow would have K.O'd me, I didn't care about his bullshit talk, I wanted to end this fight, show that I wasn't fucking around and that I could just knock his face in if I wanted to. I did not want blows to the face, I had no gloves and no mouth piece and I didn't want any of us to end up with serious injuries and broken teeth, still, even when I told him, he swung at my face again, he was visibly angry that I didn't react to his intimidation and he swung to my face again, this time I wanted to show him for real, I didn't actually punch his face, but I swung at his face a couple of time to show him how opened it was, just throwing air at him. I started kicking too, threw a few kicks to his legs and sides, threw a kick behind his knee and made him fling, he got up and tried to grab my face, this guy intended to go grappling, I grabbed the behind of his neck and was able to get off his hold and I moved behind him, holding him in some kind of a choke with one arm. I was past his guard now and I let my hold go and threw an elbow right at his neck, gently holding my strenght back, as I said, by now all I wanted to show the guy was that he was out of his league.

when he turned around he tried a spin kick at me, failed miserably and opened himself to a nice push kick to the chest, by this point he told me he didn't want kicks now, he gave me the reason that, in his words: "If I start kicking too, I will aim at your face and you will go down pretty kickly." So I just wen twith him, Boxing you want? Boxing it will be, nothing but hand magic and foot work.

The rest of the fight isn't really interesting, as I said, all this guy could do was rush me with choregraphied moves, so all I did was move around, throw a few punches then backed away, I did this back and forth for a couple of minutes still and then just stopped, I kind of had enough of this.

Ok, I know, this is nothing like an interesting fight, I fought an inexperienced guy so I know it's just a small victory and all, I don'T actually feel proud of this fight, but it did make my day as it was pretty comical, so yeah, just wanted to share a funny story about some guy who didn't know better and that even when you keep your **** silent, a lot of people still want to prove how hardass they think they are.

This did spark my interest in training again, I need to get my injury treated soon.
    He repeatedly hit you in the face and left a cut on your nose then walked away virtually unscathed, but HE didn't know better. Interesting.

I don't understand why nobody ever wants to fight me. I have no recent fight stories. Some guy pulled up at the grocery store a couple weeks ago with a couple of his boys and flicks me off from inside the car. I waved and smiled at him. He tried to give me a cold stare, then as he got close enough to really see me I think the fact that I'm a good deal bigger than him and tatted up might have intimidated him a little and him and his friends lost interest.

Mangy even younger punks!
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    6/16/2012 3:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muerteds View Post
    ... I did fight with a rock off Sandies yesterday, teaching the progeny how to boogie board. Rock 1, Knee 0.
    This is retarded on so many levels it's hard to know where to begin...

But i'll try!

Sandy's or Sandy Beach is one of the most dangerous beaches in the world, even on small days.
    ("Note: Sandy Beach has the highest incidence of neck and back injuries in the islands, and probably the nation!"
    http://www.hisurfadvisory.com/stuff/shorebrk.htm#sandys)

That you injured yourself on a rock at a beach called "Sandy's" would lead me to believe you are the last person who should teaching anyone anything there.
    My HS buddy is a guard there, i'll send him your pic so he knows to get the back-board ready.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    6/16/2012 6:30am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point fighting in Chicago on a Sunday afternoon, way back when; the heavyweights usually went first. All the other divisions were sitting around the perimeter of the ring waiting to fight. During the last heavyweight match, a 6'4" 260 pounder gets knocked out of the ring and landed right on top of my left foot.

I didn't place, but made it through two elimination matches with what turned out to be a fractured metatarsal. I was off work for two weeks and couldn't train for over a month.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2012 7:06pm

Style: MMA,JJ,Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    He repeatedly hit you in the face and left a cut on your nose then walked away virtually unscathed, but HE didn't know better. Interesting.

I don't understand why nobody ever wants to fight me. I have no recent fight stories. Some guy pulled up at the grocery store a couple weeks ago with a couple of his boys and flicks me off from inside the car. I waved and smiled at him. He tried to give me a cold stare, then as he got close enough to really see me I think the fact that I'm a good deal bigger than him and tatted up might have intimidated him a little and him and his friends lost interest.

Mangy even younger punks!
    No, actually, he swung at my face a couple of time, he never really got a clean shot at my face. I noticed the cut the following day when looking at my face in the mirror. The difference was that he was actually trying to hit me, I wasn't I told him the first time that I wanted no hits to the face, but he was just angry and by that point I didn't care if he managed to get me in the face. I just wanted to make my point across without kicking his ass. Because it turned from friendly sparring to "who's got the biggest dick" and I didn't want to be seriously involved in something like this. I do admit it was stupid of me to simply overlook my own safety just to prove a point, as I said, I don't actually feel proud of any of this, I just found it very funny.
    Last edited by IHZ; 6/16/2012 7:11pm at .
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast