Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Style
    Grappling avec punches
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

To Ninja or not to Ninja that is the question before us

So my son is 2yrs 4 months and I want to begin his training.
    He is too young to get too physical so im starting him off as I started, with movies!
    When i was 6yrs old my child minders husband was into martial arts movies so thats pretty much all I used to watch there which made me love the stuff.
    I went on Amazon to order the films I watched as a kid on DVD and to my delight allot of them are around 90p, films like Snake in Eagle Shadow, The big boss, Shaolin invincible sticks, Kung Fu Genius ect....

Then I realised as I approached the 15 movie mark that there was something missing, something I had subconsciously removed from my childhood but actually played a large part in it THE NINJA!.

Yep throughout the whole process I didnt look for any Ninja films despite the fact that they were my favourites for some time, Enter the Ninja, American Ninja 1/2/3, anything with Sho Kosugi and many many more.

I had a ninja suit and everything.
    I believed everything that was bullshit, if it was bullshit about ninjas I believed it.

So now im lost, should I spare my son this fantasy knowing all that I now know or should I break out the ninja and lets climb some trees and shoot darts.
    King without a crown

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    He is too young to get too physical so im starting him off as I started, with movies!
    When i was 6yrs old my child minders husband was into martial arts movies so thats pretty much all I used to watch there which made me love the stuff.
    I went on Amazon to order the films I watched as a kid on DVD and to my delight allot of them are around 90p, films like Snake in Eagle Shadow, The big boss, Shaolin invincible sticks, Kung Fu Genius ect....

Then I realised as I approached the 15 movie mark that there was something missing, something I had subconsciously removed from my childhood but actually played a large part in it THE NINJA!.

Yep throughout the whole process I didnt look for any Ninja films despite the fact that they were my favourites for some time, Enter the Ninja, American Ninja 1/2/3, anything with Sho Kosugi and many many more.

I believed everything that was bullshit, if it was bullshit about ninjas I believed it.

So now im lost, should I spare my son this fantasy knowing all that I now know or should I break out the ninja and lets climb some trees and shoot darts.
    Playing Ninja is fun and awesome. It only gets sad when a 30 year old overweight dude thinks it's real.

Watch ninja movies, and sign him up for a tumbling class as soon as he is old enough.

Style
    Grappling avec punches
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indeed Ninjas are far to much fun to deprive a child but I did think it was funny how I had some how been subconsciously programmed against them.
    King without a crown

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As long as dear old dad is there to set him straight about the time he learns the truth about Santa clause it should be no problem.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't come crying to us when a ninja star falls out of your son's pocket and he gives you the "I learned it by watching you" routine.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by <plasma> View Post
    Playing Ninja is fun and awesome. It only gets sad when a 30 year old overweight dude thinks it's real.

Watch ninja movies, and sign him up for a tumbling class as soon as he is old enough.
    I don't think plasma's advice should taken here until he answers one question!
    Plasma as a college student did you or did you not organize a "Ninja Club" and then try to sneak up on all of them unseen during the clubs first meeting(failing horribly) ?

Style
    MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha I remember all those! From Ninja Turtles to Ninja Gaiden, and plastc katanas for your Halloween costumes that were fucked after one good bend after kendo-ing with your best bud. Think the line ended when you wanted to order smoke bombs out of Blackbelt Magazine. Who can deprive a youth of that?!

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsteryank View Post
    Ha I remember all those! From Ninja Turtles to Ninja Gaiden, and plastc katanas for your Halloween costumes that were fucked after one good bend after kendo-ing with your best bud. Think the line ended when you wanted to order smoke bombs out of Blackbelt Magazine. Who can deprive a youth of that?!
    1987 My greatest Christmas ever I got the *real full black gi with the face mask and hood.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsteryank View Post
    Teenage me saw a recipe for making smoke bombs in a copy of the Anarchist Cookbook that I bought in a headshop. Fortunately I never got around to cooking any of the pyrotechnic recipes.

Style
    shotokan karate, iaido
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post

My four year old is currently taking Karate and out of nowhere he told his sensei "I am a ninja" and to me as long as he doesn't feel he can go out and "destroy" anyone I don't care, he's a young boy who at this point in his life doesn't need his fantasy destroyed. I say let him enjoy it, as long as he's not harming anyone who cares :)

Page 1 of 3 123 Last