Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,354
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    One of the bitch things about a cage is that you get what you pay for. If you need a pro setup, it's worth it to build or buy a pro setup. A cage needs to take a beating and not fall apart. Having fighters injured when a rattle trap cage caves in on them will cost a hell of a lot more than a well built cage with all the bells and whistles.
    I don't disagree with that at all. You can buy high-quality floor-mounted cages, just like you can buy high quality elevated cages. The question is what he wants it for. If it's for training in a gym, a floor mounted option is likely the most cost-effective.

  2. #22
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,727
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuJason View Post
    Do you want floor-mounted, elevated but relatively fixed, or something that can be dissembled and moved?
    elevated and fixed if we can get away with it. In theory we run some local fights to pay for the thing.
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 5/03/2012 7:12pm at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

  3. #23
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,486
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just curious.

    From the http://buildacage.com/



    What is the benefit of having the sides drafting outward? Just going from the photos, Omega's design looks more robust.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,354
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    elevated and fixed if we can get away with it. In theory we run some local fights to pay for the thing.
    If you don't want to move it, you might be able to do floor mounted and fixed, and simply have riser seats for local shows. That may be a cheaper option; the elevation adds 4-6k onto the thing. Otherwise, I would check zebramats. If you are outfitting a new gym and need to but mats, etc, they may give you a good deal. I got several thousand off going that route with them, in return for having a few mats in my space that say zebra mat on them. Send me a PM if you want to discuss specifics in more detail--I am more than willing to share my experiences thus far (since I am in midst of my renno). Or just call me: 919-213-1705.

  5. #25
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,727
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuJason View Post
    If you don't want to move it, you might be able to do floor mounted and fixed, and simply have riser seats for local shows. That may be a cheaper option; the elevation adds 4-6k onto the thing. Otherwise, I would check zebramats. If you are outfitting a new gym and need to but mats, etc, they may give you a good deal. I got several thousand off going that route with them, in return for having a few mats in my space that say zebra mat on them. Send me a PM if you want to discuss specifics in more detail--I am more than willing to share my experiences thus far (since I am in midst of my renno). Or just call me: 919-213-1705.
    Awsome thanks for that.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

  6. #26
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,727
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!


    cage is up. Smai brand.(An australian company). five meters by five meters. I will let you guys know how it holds up.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

  7. #27

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,470
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hope you got a good price on that. I love the color scheme.

  8. #28
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,727
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About 10 ish and the stage is hand built.

    Suprisingly it is an octagon. I would have thought dana owned that shape by now.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,354
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice! I am installing everything in the next 2 weeks; I'll post pics too!

  10. #30
    lionknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    1,192
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    About 10 ish and the stage is hand built.

    Suprisingly it is an octagon. I would have thought dana owned that shape by now.
    Zuffia / UFC I believe actually own the trademark to Octagon. So just call it a cage and you'll be fine ;P

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO