1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Monday Motivation: Ambition Can't Be Amputated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reinertsen.jpg 
Views:	1293 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	13364

Most people with two legs aren't capable of doing a 2.4-mile (3.86 km) swim, a 112-mile (180.25 km) bike and a marathon 42.195-kilometre (26.219 mi) run.

Are you taking your complete set of limbs for granted, or putting them to use?

2. Total Comments 11

Comments

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha, this reminds me of a time i was working a high level race.
    I was helping do bike check ins and inspections and this guy comes up with a $4k bike and it's got a "granny gear", typically seen on mountain or recreational bikes, never on a triathlon race bike.

Yes, so me being the dick i am, i go,

"Dude, wtf, you're at worlds and have a granny gear, really?"

He looks me in the eye and says,
    "Dude, I've got one leg..."

Yep...
    Nothing gets by me.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bionic women? I am intrigued...
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honourable mention here too for Beth Hamilton - 11 pro surfing comp places since having her arm ripped off by a tiger shark.

Something to remember when me and the rest of my training buddes of a similar age are sat around after class complaining about all the niggles, creaks and clicks in our sets of limbs.

Bonus shout out to Rick "Thunder God" Allen too:

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    Honourable mention here too for Beth Hamilton - 11 pro surfing comp places since having her arm ripped off by a tiger shark.

Something to remember when me and the rest of my training buddes of a similar age are sat around after class complaining about all the niggles, creaks and clicks in our sets of limbs.

Bonus shout out to Rick "Thunder God" Allen too:

Haha! The problem with Rick Allen is that he already sucked before he lost his arm. lol.

When I was in college Marion Jones trained at the track where I ran. Or more accurately, I tried not to be seen while I pretended to run at the track where Marion Jones trained.

There was a guy training with her one day. He was fast. Not as fast as her, but fast enough to push her when they ran. I was watching them warm up for a bit, then he went over and took off his warmup pants which exposed his robo leg like the one in the OP. I felt more than a little inadequate.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beautiful woman. Such a pretty face. Fantastic achievement!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post

When I was in college Marion Jones trained at the track where I ran. Or more accurately, I tried not to be seen while I pretended to run at the track where Marion Jones trained.

There was a guy training with her one day. He was fast. Not as fast as her, but fast enough to push her when they ran. I was watching them warm up for a bit, then he went over and took off his warmup pants which exposed his robo leg like the one in the OP. I felt more than a little inadequate.
    Yeah but you didn't notice the mile long stride that leaf spring makes on the one side?
    Cheaters...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd hit it..

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I'd hit it..

You'd have to catch it first, fat man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trust you to take my compliment and turn it into an insult...
    *shaking my head*

Page 1 of 2 12 Last