Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 1:48am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

There Are 2 Types Of People...

A shop opens at 9am...its now 8am...this shop gives away money for free.

There are those people who queue up and have been waiting for hours and hours and understand that yes they could run to the front of the queue and get Money first but if they did then it would undermine the queueing system and if everyone did that then it would turn into chaos and possibly the shop would close or disappear altogether.
    Then there are the people who dont care about the queue, dont care if everything turns to chaos but only care about getting their money as soon as possible and if it that causes the shop to shut early or for good, they dont care, as long as get to the shop first and get as much money as possible.

I naively thought that everyone would have the common sense to be the person who queues up, but I realise a lot of people have the opinion of "People are always going to jump the queue, knowing that would you rather be one of the people who jumps the queue and gets the money first or would you rather be one of the people queuing who misses the chance to get money because the shop closes when chaos erupts."

Are you someone who would queue for the greater good of order or would you jump the queue in order to ensure you get your money first.

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 2:57am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd cause the chaos.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S NO MONEY LEFT?"

"Sir, I never said that, can you please keep your voice down, the other customers are getting the wrong idea?"

"DID YOU JUST SAY YOUR CEO TOOK OFF WITH ALL THE MONEY AND IS IN THE CAYMAN ISLANDS FREE AND CLEAR?"

"That's not what I said, I said you were making things up, and that you are making the other customers confused?"

"DID YOU JUST SAY YOU'RE TAKING THE LAST FIVE HUNDRED BUCKS IN THE TILL AND GOING ON A CRUISE?"

"Sir, I'm forced to ask you to leave, SECURITY!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE GLAD THE DIRTY WORK IS DONE BY SECURITY?"
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 3:06am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post

There are those people who queue up and have been waiting for hours and hours and understand that yes they could run to the front of the queue and get Money first but if they did then it would undermine the queueing system and if everyone did that then it would turn into chaos and possibly the shop would close or disappear altogether.
    Then there are the people who dont care about the queue, dont care if everything turns to chaos but only care about getting their money as soon as possible and if it that causes the shop to shut early or for good, they dont care, as long as get to the shop first and get as much money as possible.

I naively thought that everyone would have the common sense to be the person who queues up, but I realise a lot of people have the opinion of "People are always going to jump the queue, knowing that would you rather be one of the people who jumps the queue and gets the money first or would you rather be one of the people queuing who misses the chance to get money because the shop closes when chaos erupts."

Are you someone who would queue for the greater good of order or would you jump the queue in order to ensure you get your money first.
    I don't suppose someone is currently studying Game Theory/Nash Equilibriums?

Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I'd cause the chaos.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S NO MONEY LEFT?"

"Sir, I never said that, can you please keep your voice down, the other customers are getting the wrong idea?"

"DID YOU JUST SAY YOUR CEO TOOK OFF WITH ALL THE MONEY AND IS IN THE CAYMAN ISLANDS FREE AND CLEAR?"

"That's not what I said, I said you were making things up, and that you are making the other customers confused?"

"DID YOU JUST SAY YOU'RE TAKING THE LAST FIVE HUNDRED BUCKS IN THE TILL AND GOING ON A CRUISE?"

"Sir, I'm forced to ask you to leave, SECURITY!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE GLAD THE DIRTY WORK IS DONE BY SECURITY?"
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 8:39am

supporting member
     Style: age&treachery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There may be said to be two classes of people in the world; those who constantly divide the people of the world into two classes, and those who do not. --Robert Benchley

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 9:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    I don't suppose someone is currently studying Game Theory/Nash Equilibriums?
    No, but you have me interested now.... *Off to Wiki*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 9:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its an interesting read.

A famous example of this type of game was called the Stag hunt; in the game two players may choose to hunt a stag or a rabbit, the former providing more meat (4 utility units) than the latter (1 utility unit). The caveat is that the stag must be cooperatively hunted, so if one player attempts to hunt the stag, while the other hunts the rabbit, he will fail in hunting (0 utility units), whereas if they both hunt it they will split the payload (2, 2). The game hence exhibits two equilibria at (stag, stag) and (rabbit, rabbit) and hence the players' optimal strategy depend on their expectation on what the other player may do. If one hunter trusts that the other will hunt the stag, he should hunt the stag; however if he suspects that the other will hunt the rabbit, he should hunt the rabbit. This game was used as an analogy for social cooperation, since much of the benefit that people gain in society depends upon people cooperating and implicitly trusting one another to act in a manner corresponding with cooperation.

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 10:17am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ZenMMA, are you really going to start a new Bullshido thread for EVERY THOUGHT YOU HAVE?

:)

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 10:29am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post

What about the people who don't go to the store at all, b/c they don't want to be stuck in line w/ a bunch of dickh3ads?

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 7:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lucky this shop doesnt exist eh? what a fucking stupid question. do you have to make a new dumbass thread everytime you have a dumbass thought?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 8:12pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What time zone is shop?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast