Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 9:48am

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeWrong View Post
    First of all, I really don't care about Bujinkan. If people want to play make believe ninja games, they can feel free to do so.

But I am bothered by their firearms course. "This course is taught by a retired US ARMY combat soldier."

In what way is a US ARMY "Combat Soldier" automatically certified to teach a firearms training class? I admit that I'm not nor have I ever been in the military, but I've been shooting for years and have gone through hours upon hours of training courses and aside from a few tips that have helped me over the years there's no way I would EVER call my current level of competence enough to start teaching a class. Where's a real certification?

I'd be much more comfortable knowing these idiots are teaching a firearms class if they had somebody with at least some sort of NRA certification to show they aren't just some guy off the street with a gun taking peoples' money to teach them how to jerk a trigger.
    This too; especially since we have a few recruiting officers/military as well as all the cops that train anything in the city to train with us. Our school has been here for 15 years or so, and no we're not threatened by Ninja's, but I do wonder where they got these people since all the cops and those military that are still active are with us, having been 'recruited' through those same military/police channels.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 4:36pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get the leaders of the schools to organize some cross-school sparring/training?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 7:10pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    & RVD's not that bad, as Booj instructors go, at least compared to Kevin Millis, Kevin Schneider, & the mountain of other guys I trained with back in my ninjer days. & Richard does eskrima too which is fun.
    Hell Jim, didn't you attend Kevin Millis' reunion tour? It was all the rage.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 8:37pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Standard protocol is to call the local exterminator, inform him there is a Ninja infestation in your area and then wait for them to show up and spray for Ninjas. As long as they haven't had time to lay eggs they should all be gone within a couple of weeks.
    安氏八极拳学生

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 10:05pm

Style: Street Focus Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can go do an intro class at the Booj school & choke out the instructor.
    I fucking laughed my ass off. It's amazing how much people lack respect for Bujinkan teachers. Not saying its a bad thing, just really funny.

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 10:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no, you had to do a bit more than simply watch the vids, you also had to do video demos showing that you knew the materials, & I don't think that was allowed for shodan, you had to do it in person.
    That's not what I heard but I always try and take what i heard in the bujinkan dojo with a grain of salt.
    besides, the guys who do gracie combatives are quite skilled & yet so many people are up in arms about that whole mess, right?
    Non sequitur.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123