Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/29/2012 5:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ninpotaijutsu,systema,tkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hypnosis for sports and ma training

this post was made in regards to a very uninformed member about how hypnosis can effectivly improve youre game in any situation from speeding the healing process to improving your overall abilities
    i will be periodiclly adding case studies and documentaries on this thread anyone feel free to add suggest or doubt anything i post this is my way of fine tunning my studies and sharing it with the world take what you want and remember what ever the mind can concieve and believe it can achieve

Posted On:
    4/29/2012 5:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In 1956, Eleven hypnotists accompanied the Soviet athletic team to the Olympics in Melbourne.Ingmar Johannson used Hypnosis training before wresting the heavyweight boxing title from Floyd Patterson in 1959.In 1967, a dentist, Dr. Raymond Abrezol, guided the Swiss ski team to 3 out of 4 members earning medals using hypnotic techniques. He later created his own mental training science called "suggestopedia" based on that and the Swiss began to dominate ski events.Ken Norton used hypnosis to defeat Muhammed Ali (and broke his jaw) in the 1973 fight where Ken was a 7-1 underdog. Ali began using hypnosis soon after. Rod Carew had a nagging injury that threatened his career. Through hypnosis, he turned the lingering pain into a .400 batting average.In 1984, Mary Lou Retton consulted with a hypnotist for the L.A. Olympics and Won the Golf Medal.Phil Jackson has used and still uses mediation and hypnosis for all his championship basketball teams with the Bulls and Lakers. He's been frequently called a "Zen Master."Mark McGwire reported using hypnosis to be able to relax for his baseball games.Tiger Woods began seeing Jay Brunza at the age of 10 for hypnosis and mental training.
    Jimmy Connors used Hypnosis in his Tennis Championship wins.
    Phil Mickelson was trained by mental coach and hypnotist Dean Reinmuth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2012 6:16pm

Style: Western Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great stuff. Have there been controlled trials as well? I'm only familiar with clinical psychology not so much sport psychology. How do these individuals operationalize hypnosis? Are they state or nonstrategic theorists?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2012 6:54pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanbudninja View Post
    In 1956, Eleven hypnotists accompanied the Soviet athletic team to the Olympics in Melbourne.Ingmar Johannson used Hypnosis training before wresting the heavyweight boxing title from Floyd Patterson in 1959.In 1967, a dentist, Dr. Raymond Abrezol, guided the Swiss ski team to 3 out of 4 members earning medals using hypnotic techniques. He later created his own mental training science called "suggestopedia" based on that and the Swiss began to dominate ski events.Ken Norton used hypnosis to defeat Muhammed Ali (and broke his jaw) in the 1973 fight where Ken was a 7-1 underdog. Ali began using hypnosis soon after. Rod Carew had a nagging injury that threatened his career. Through hypnosis, he turned the lingering pain into a .400 batting average.In 1984, Mary Lou Retton consulted with a hypnotist for the L.A. Olympics and Won the Golf Medal.Phil Jackson has used and still uses mediation and hypnosis for all his championship basketball teams with the Bulls and Lakers. He's been frequently called a "Zen Master."Mark McGwire reported using hypnosis to be able to relax for his baseball games.Tiger Woods began seeing Jay Brunza at the age of 10 for hypnosis and mental training.
    Jimmy Connors used Hypnosis in his Tennis Championship wins.
    Phil Mickelson was trained by mental coach and hypnotist Dean Reinmuth.
    Of course none of this proves this works. All of this is a logical fallacy of the "after this, therefore because of this" (latin: "post hoc, ergo propter hoc") variety.

Does this mean that any of these things are related to the reported use of hypnosis?

Allow me to put it this way. I've ate jelly beans my entire life - and I've never gotten cancer - does that mean that jelly beans prevent cancer?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2012 7:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And the hypnosis question is really complicated by the difficulty in operationally defining what is hypnosis vs other 'waking' effects like relaxation and mental imagery and the good old placeholders effect. Irving Kirsch has some great papers discussing these issues.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/29/2012 9:07pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this post was made in regards to a very uninformed member about how hypnosis can effectivly improve youre game in any situation from speeding the healing process to improving your overall abilities
    Are you describing yourself when you type, ". . . very uninformed member . . ."?

In the other thread you claimed your cousin used hypnosis to heal himself from a compound fracture of the femur in one week. Here's the actual quote,

there have actually have been huge studies done on self hypnosis for not only increasing skills motorfunctions and coordination but also increasing pain tolerance and reducing pain and stress from fatigue and everything from broken bones to cancer and there was even an instance where i witnessed my cousin a very devote pagan use hypnosis trance to heal a compound fracture of the right femur that i gave him in one week ou uo and harvard have done multiple case studies and it has provin that two weeks of hypnosis training is as effective as months of training if you would like to try it out i have some very easy very effective methods of self hypnosis that only take a few moments to activate and induce the hypnotic level i have been using it to aid in my learning of systema and tai jutsu and have even prepped for a cage fight for two months with out physical activity{mostly due to a chaotic work schedual} and have seen great increases and two victories
    If this were true, it would be extremely significant news to the medical community. However, without documented proof of this, you're now just another ill-informed bullshit artist.

So, either provide proof of your cousin's experience, retract the claim as a falsehood, or I will have to consider banning you as a liar.

On this website, if you make a claim, you're required to prove it.

Welcome to Bullshido. Now put up or shut up.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    4/29/2012 11:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dr. Shealy conducted an investigation of the ability of psychics to do what he termed "medical diagnosis." His findings are very encouraging, for the results he obtained showed that the psychic's accuracy was 89% on physical disorders and 75% on personality disorders. An article by Anita Black appeared in the March 29 edition of Milwaukee Sentinel entitled "Neurosurgeon's Patients Help Themselves." (SILVA Mind Control NEWSLETTER VOL 5 #5 1974)"

~ Dr.Norman Shealy from La Crosse, Wisconsin

Amazingly, the scientific community and health professionals are only now beginning to speak out about a concept Jose Silva knew and taught for years... that "the mind is the driving force behind ALL healing."

Using personal "case-working" techniques detailed in Silva Life System, you will discover scientifically-proven mental visualization methods to speed up recovery from illness, to instantly cure pain and injury, to obtain radiant health, help prevent illness and disease and even how to send healing 'vibrations' and 'imagery' to loved ones from a distance.
    now i am contacting my cousin for copies of his medical records but here is an excerpt from a news colomn one of many that proves through proper concentrating gained most easily through what is known as the hypnogognic state the state one enters when under hypnosis can do great things that is the point of this post i am going to get variouse proofs that this is more than possible

Posted On:
    4/29/2012 11:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Healing is not what we have been led to believe.
    Each of us has the very same capacity to heal and control pain.
    And it is much easier than you might suspect.
    Dr Fried learned a secret from his father, who had 5 heart attacks and unsuccessful heart bypass surgery by age 52.
    The medical community said he should be dead.
    Instead, he lived a full and happy life for 24 more years, using the secret revealed in these pages that he brought back from deep in the jungles of Burma, half a century ago.
    A Surgeon’s Self-Hypnosis Healing Solution helps you to:
    • heal neck, back and nerve pain without surgery
    • treat your high blood pressure, cholesterol and arthritis
    • achieve control and happiness in your life
    • use less or no medication and avoid surgery
    • reduce disease causing stress for you and those you love
    Dr Scott Fried is an orthopaedic surgeon, who found early in his career that contrary to what he was taught in medical school, people often do not get better with surgery or medications. So he began teaching his patients how to heal themselves. This is the power of self-hypnosis.

He is an internationally recognized author and his other books, Light at the End of the Carpal Tunnel- A Guide to Understanding and Relief from the Pain of Nerve Problems and The Carpal Tunnel Help Book have helped thousands to avoid surgery and heal.

"An engaging breakthrough in understanding how we all can self-heal. No one should have elective surgery or take risky medications without first reading this book."
    Martin L. Rossman, MD, author Guided Imagery for Self-Healing

Foreword by Bernie Siegel, MD
    Author of "Love, Medicine and Miracles" and "Help Me to Heal". here from a few doctors look them up if you choose but the core principle of the martial arts is to achieve the impossible through dedication motivation and meditation , meditation is just another word for hypnosis

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 5:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deep in the jungles of Burma? This is NOT what Ive been talking about. Psychosomatic medicine isn't magic.

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 8:32am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    Deep in the jungles of Burma? This is NOT what Ive been talking about. Psychosomatic medicine isn't magic.
    nope but all hypnosis is, is an alterd state of concouseness like deep meditation similar to that of the monk and similar to the deep trance aided by the witchdoctors chants and ceremonial drug to merly displace ones conciouse mind and lower the barier to the subconciouse layer is the ultimate result of the hypnosis and to truly be scientific about ones aproach is to not close ones self of becouse a person calls it magic when they attain this altered state
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast