Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 10:28am

Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

No Can Defense

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 12:15pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How does that kill you? I mean, it would hurt like hell but I can't picture how that would kill a man.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 1:09pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2 points I would like to make.

1) The stance of Wing chun (having the knees together) is a very awkward one, limits mobility and general is not a natural stance to take. I was told the reason for this is so that people dont kick you in the nuts. However I thought this was designed with women in mind? secondly is it really worth basing an entire style on that stance given its limitations, on the off chance someone kicks you in the balls?

2)I am living in a little block of apartments in Thailand about 5 minutes from my gym and every Saturday the guy in the room next to me brings a hooker back and smashes her in, and I get to listen...Im not sure if I want to listen or not, but I dont really have a choice.
    The strange thing is, I though 2 guys were living next door....maybe a roasting?

Entirely off topic I know, but its 1am, and I cant sleep....for the aforementioned reason.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 1:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus, the noises get stranger........honestly wtf!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 1:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the screamings stopped but the beds still creeking, maybe she died and he's finishing off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 1:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope, the moaning s back.........Geeezz, he is getting his hours worth....thats probably about $30

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 1:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it wrong that part of me wants to see the chick so I can put a face to the moans.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 1:54pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post
    1) The stance of Wing chun (having the knees together) is a very awkward one, limits mobility and general is not a natural stance to take. I was told the reason for this is so that people dont kick you in the nuts. However I thought this was designed with women in mind? secondly is it really worth basing an entire style on that stance given its limitations, on the off chance someone kicks you in the balls?
    From what I understand, the stance you mention is in place to gain punching power from the legs. Also, different lineages practice differently. Some actually spar like that and others just use the stance when practicing forms. That's what google told me when I was researching the chun a few months back.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 1:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilde88 View Post
    From what I understand, the stance you mention is in place to gain punching power from the legs. Also, different lineages practice differently. Some actually spar like that and others just use the stance when practicing forms. That's what google told me when I was researching the chun a few months back.

I trained Teh Chun for a couple of months and we had to stand for 20 mins every day with a cushion between our knees and hold it there with our knees to perfect the stance whilst extending one arm at a time and holding a wooden rod horizontally to strengthen the forearm.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 2:00pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post
    I trained Teh Chun for a couple of months and we had to stand for 20 mins every day with a cushion between our knees and hold it there with our knees to perfect the stance whilst extending one arm at a time and holding a wooden rod horizontally to strengthen the forearm.
    Sounds like that would work your shoulders more than anything...

Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast