UCMMA - Pathetic!
Not sure how many people here are familiar with UCMMA, for those that aren't its a UK MMA Promotion, its pretty ****, but then again its the UK, so you get what your given.
Then this happens....in between fights, they decide to do this.....Who the **** thought this would be a good idea.
Say hello to ULTIMATE BALL.....supposedly they expect it to be bigger than football..
And so it was that I soiled myself laughing ... Mixed ballsports, in a cage... or MBS.
The fact the promotion itself feels so cheap its one level up from a bar fight makes it even worse.
ULTIMATE BALL does have a website too which explain some random rules.
Rules and Objectives of UltimateBall
1. 2 x 5min rounds
2. If it’s a draw after 10mins then a 1min additional time and the 1st player to score wins the game.
3. If after the 1min extra time it’s still a draw it goes into penalty shootout until one time takes the lead.
4. To SCORE the ball must STAY in net to count.
5. 1 player CANT score straight away until a team mate scores the next goal.
6. Ball must be passed twice before scoring a goal.
7. 4 to a team, 3 active and 1 play must be sub (32ft cage will have 5 players)
8. Team must have different fighter from Heavyweight downwards.
9. Heavyweight must be no more than 120KG
10. Subs must be Welterweight or below.
11. Substitution can only be made when a player is injured or at half time.
12. Red Carded player must sit out for 1 min of the game.
13. Restart from the centre of the Cage.
14. Start of game and any restart ALL players must be behind the ball.
15. Strikes and takedowns are allowed when a player has the ball. (Push Kicks, Punches to body, Trips and Sweeps and take downs)
16. NO punches on the floor ONLY grappling to get the ball.
17. ONLY the Ref will decide who gets the restart, I,E the player in possession of the ball.
18. If both players have the ball, ref will call a chest start. (Both players with chest on ball)
19. If the ball goes out of the cage the other team gets the restart.
20. If a player hits another play who DOESN’T have the ball DELIBERATELY he will be sent off and sub CANNOT be used.
21. ALL players must be medical checked before taking part.
22. ALL players MUST wear a Groin and Mouth guard while taking part
So you want to get into fights over a ball. What's wrong with rugby, then?
Kinda reminds me of Kabaddi.
Anything's better than cricket. Be happy.
Saying that, the cage girls are hot :)
Urm... Let's agree to disagree on that one.
Originally Posted by kitkatninja