Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2012 5:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can I ask what FYT standing for? Is it "Free Your Tensions"?
    http://www.freeyourtensions.nl/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2012 5:54am

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All Correct to "my" knowledge.

The website itself states:
    "The NAvTK maintains intensive contacts with many other organizations at home and abroad."
    --------------
    "One can feel free to use the services of the academy and we paid a contribution only for services rendered"
    --------------
    So if a school wishes to do a workshop of Muso jikiden eishin ryu Iaijutsu, they contact the school teaching this through the contacts loosely bound together through this Gakkai.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2012 6:05am

Style: 空手 / &#2147

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by backatya View Post
    So all the OTHER schools are taught and are connected to the Oranda Bujutsu Gakkai? So all these legitimated ko ryu are connect to the Oranda Bujutsu Gakkai...

Never heard of that club, the Oranda Bujutsu Gakkai. Oh but wait, it links on to this site: http://www.shintairyu.nl/NAvTK.html (how surprising) which states halfway down:

De NAvTK onderhoudt intense contacten met vele andere organisaties in binnen- en buitenland.
    De Shin tai ryu is verbonden met de Nederlandse Academie voor Traditionele Krijgskunsten 和蘭陀武術学会.
    De academie kent geen leden en men hoeft zich niet te verbinden aan een bond. Men kan vrijblijvend gebruik maken van de diensten van de academie en men betaald een bijdrage alleen voor verleende diensten. De activiteiten blijven binnen de Nederlandse wetgeving.
    transl.
    The NBAvTK maintains intense contacts with many other organisations within the NL and abroad.
    The Sin tai ryu is connected to the Dutch Academy for Traditional Martial Arts.
    The academy has no members and one does not have to be member of a union [like the association/union/bond/liga of judo (JBN)] One can use the services of the academy without obligations, and one pays only a fee for for services given. The activities remain within the Dutch legislation[ /law]

So this Oranda Bujutsu Gakkai is just shintairyu, and it seems that it has no other schools/branches/sports' unions connected to it.
    Last edited by Moenstah; 8/31/2012 6:06am at . Reason: tags

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2012 6:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So when it says Oranda Bujutsu Gakkai they mean Shintairyu. Just a question FYT how many intense contacts with ko ryu schools placed on the list are there (beside the Sho sho ryu and muhen yongan ryu)? Or is this a secret...

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    8/31/2012 7:16am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus Christ what a shitshow. Just the mere fact that historical questions are answered with "We're effective, come at me bro!" tells me that this art, its practitioners, and its instructors are completely full of ****.

Dutch Jujutsu, my ass.

There are two kinds of people I hate; those who are intolerant of other cultures, and the Dutch.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    8/31/2012 7:26am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post

Dutch Jujutsu, my ass.

There are two kinds of people I hate; those who are intolerant of other cultures, and the Dutch.
    The Dutch have good chocolate and great weed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2012 7:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't think I can summarize it better Bodhi108. I don't think I have anything more to say about this subject. Or does anyone else have more information on mr. Sterke an his Shintairyu / Dutch ju jutsu?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2012 7:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2012 7:41am

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its not a secret as far as I know...but I only practice Shin Tai Ryu, No Koryus.
    Beyond everyone ranting their claims here I did not have much interest in them yet.
    (Because I can't fit it in my current shedule)

So far "I've" only had workshops with a school for Asayama Ichiden-ryu (a Koryu style)
    Besides that we've obviously had more non-Koryu (or unbeknownst to be Koryu to me) schools come around.

So thats at least 1 out of many for me... we'll see if I'll actually encounter more eventually.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2012 8:36am

Style: 空手 / &#2147

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FYT View Post
    Its not a secret as far as I know...but I only practice Shin Tai Ryu, No Koryus.(...)
    compared to
    Quote Originally Posted by FYT View Post
    "Shin Tai Ryu" the name of the SCHOOL not the name of the ART(s) being taught!
    = oops?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast