Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 10:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knowing the shintairyu for sometime know and knowing mr. Sterke (a bit), his claims are onebig fake. The Shintairyu is made up from ju jutsu techniques that come from allover the place. Books, videos, Japan, China, Holland, taekwondo, judo, ko ryu etc.

He has made-up his own system, not that bad, but he is promoting it as being “real ko ryu jujutsu” which of course it isn’t. The best name I can give it is self-made Dutch self defense , or maybe budo.

Beside hisown made-up ju jutsu he apparently is teaching old Japanese martial arts. But,just to be clear, his teaching come from book’s videos and his own interpretations. And not from years of study and appreciation of headmasters / teachers from the Japanseko ryu, he is teaching in (Sho Sho Ryu is probably the only exception).

My advise…. Just use your commonsense! Don’t learn ju jutsu from books and videos by yourself, don’t study with teachers which thought themselves by books and videos.
    Last edited by backatya; 8/30/2012 11:11am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 10:44am

Style: 空手 / &#2147

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The lack of clear lineage and the fact that some fundamental characteristics of koryu are absent in Sterke's way of transmission, all point in my opinon to 'the invention of tradition' and dabbling in koryu. There you go, I've said it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 11:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    The lack of clear lineage and the fact that some fundamental characteristics of koryu are absent in Sterke's way of transmission, all point in my opinon to 'the invention of tradition' and dabbling in koryu. There you go, I've said it.
    I agree the techniques he is using are almost all his own creation or he implemented it into his shintairyu. The people he talks about in his lineage claims never did shintairyu. Why? It didn't exist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 3:32pm

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys obviously only focus on the name "Shin Tai Ryu".
    misinterpreting it and misinterpreting the claims made about what koryu system is taught

even though I explained exactly what when and where....
    So I'm not gonna bother with your ignorance.

None of you would ever try out the school becuz of your biased opinions.
    And thats just fine, I study there, I get to apply the techniques I learn there in another full contact sport I practice and they work.

So go-on groaning and moaning about your interpretations as much as you like and may it satisfy whatever it is you're seeking.... couldn't care less.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 3:41pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FYT View Post
    You guys obviously only focus on the name "Shin Tai Ryu".
    misinterpreting it and misinterpreting the claims made about what koryu system is taught

even though I explained exactly what when and where....
    So I'm not gonna bother with your ignorance.

None of you would ever try out the school becuz of your biased opinions.
    And thats just fine, I study there, I get to apply the techniques I learn there in another full contact sport I practice and they work.

So go-on groaning and moaning about your interpretations as much as you like and may it satisfy whatever it is you're seeking.... couldn't care less.
    Yet you care enough to show up on this board and act like a petulant child telling off adults with legitimate questions. Fascinating.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 4:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FYT I can understand that you dont like that i (we) have our doubt on mr Sterke. But, for a start, you must know that mr van Nieuwenhuizen never practiced Shintairyu... Mr. Sterke invented his school much later.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 4:17pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FYT View Post

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 4:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont want to upset anyone but come on FYT dont be naive.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 4:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It isn't about being naive, it's about being arrogant. If you think you can answer questions, then answer them to the best of your ability. It is childish to get upset because people point out the flaws in your argument. It is the height of ignorance to say go train at the school. Training at any school, in any style and in any country WILL NOT answer the questions of its creation, history and lineage.

That's what you are supposed to save as a weak comeback when people insult the EFFECTIVENESS of your style.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 4:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe Crazy horse is right and does this thread actually need to be continued in the investigation forum.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast