Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 8:49am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by micalhassi View Post
    For more information check it
    Tip: Never trust 'data' from a site that's selling you something. ;)

The thing is, when you break it all down...we're talking a small set of nutrients and proteins. It's totally possible to be vegetarian or vegan and be healthy, albeit much more difficult to plan out your meals. Look at all of the countries out there that don't have beef or chicken as a staple in their diets, but are still developed countries with healthy citizens.

Also, this myth that we NEED meat every day is part of the reason we're one of the fattest countries around. You can be healthy without eating meat, and you can be healthy eating meat every day. It's all about what you eat in regards to the nutrition information.

Yes, there are tons of skinny hipster vegans out there that don't eat properly, just like there are tons of obese dudes riding scooters through the grocery store. You're not healthier as a vegetarian if you're only eating tater tots, french fries and cheese pizza, and you're not 'getting protein' if you're eating a big mac every day for lunch.

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 10:45am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For more information check it

Stop spamming your site or see this http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88704
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vegetarian diet is useful but not as much as proper diet which have include all important ingredients. Diet not mean totally neglect form fish, beef and other healthy foods. Use them in normal quantity like 2 times in a week for maintaining calories. Calories are only receive by using these foods and vitamins are attain by eating vegetables, fruits. So i thing only vegetable is a source of vitamins and minerals not for calories.

Those are some words all right.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 6:23pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been a pescetarian for 8 months, with usually a meat day a week due to my love of breakfast sausage.

I eat a lot of beans, tofu, eggs, cheese, milk, and fish/shellfish. I get my tofu from a local Seattle WA company called Tacoma Tofu. It's fantastic, with no additives. I also lift, heavy, and often.

I feel better, and lighter. Though the scale has me holding steady for the past six months, even with the increase in my lifts. I know it's anecdotal evidence but I've not felt better.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12