Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/26/2012 5:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu90 View Post
    Yes, pretty much. It was a stupid kick at the time (I telegraphed like hell)

For the record, I did read American shaolin.

To everyone else: Care to highlight the errors in my thread? I might be a noob at the forums but that doesn't mean I am completely clueless about the art I practice.

I have been to China for a brief training at Fa Wang, which gave me a perspective I bet not all of you have.
    I've been to a hockey game and a circus so my perspective is different than yours.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/26/2012 5:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been to China for a brief training at Fa Wang, which gave me a perspective I bet not all of you have.
    You are 100% correct. Your perspective is so erroneous, that you resort to the "I've been to China" appeal to authority. No, I don't have that perspective at all.
    I give to you that the fact he's calling his lessons "kung fu" is misleading, as what we learn is nothing more than half contemporary wushu, half Sanda.
    This is wrong.

Another point regarding the Chi Kung demonstrations. Well, Chi is obviously bullshit, and if they defend its existance is because of the lack of scientific education and culture to explain the mechanics a different way, but the "iron" demonstrations are sometimes true and quite impressive
    This is erroneous mixed with ignorance of Chi Kung.

The Shaolin industry is crap, so is their history, but the few chinese pseudo-monks that may have leaked to your country may be good, athletic martial artists (and good fighters if their focus was sanda) so I wouldn't rule them out immediately.
    This has issues mixed in generalities.

Is the entirety of Shaolin's history crap? True
    Wrong.

Is the current "Shaolin kung fu" nothing more than a rushed fabrication to appeal to the hollywood masses? True
    Repeat,False.

Are 99% of western teachers associating themselves with the word "Shaolin" cashing on the hype at best and outright frauds at worst
    Repeat, False.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/26/2012 10:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, pretty much. It was a stupid kick at the time (I telegraphed like hell)

For the record, I did read American shaolin.

To everyone else: Care to highlight the errors in my thread? I might be a noob at the forums but that doesn't mean I am completely clueless about the art I practice.

I've been to China more than for just brief training. I LIVED in various parts of Asia for a significant part of my life. I still say you're clueless.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2012 12:48am

Style: Street Focus Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by shotfghter; 4/27/2012 1:31am at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12