Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 1:43pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was actually a good read, 2 things I would add.

1. Muscular Endurance
    2. Core isolation exercises

Its interesting how a lot of the science behind rep rages has now Vanished, I put that down to the Ego, some people just like the sound of "100 Burpess, 90 Push ups) etc...

I have tweaked the programme a bit,took me bout 3 hours, but I have what looks like a pretty decent training programme now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 1:47pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    To me the biggest turn-off of CrossFit is the friggin COST! $100 + a month is way too expensive for a workout IMO. Even with the "well you pay for personal coaching and professional instruction" excuse.
    Depends on who you are dealing with. My wife is not very athletic and we just had our third (and last child) and she came home one night with "I am sick of hearing that I look great for somebody that had 3 kids" (she just turned 30). So she tried the gym. Lost motivation, felt embarrased working out on her own, and failed. So she signed up for CF on one of those 3 weeks for $75 intro deals. She has been hooked ever since. She is now comming home every night excited that she was able to do this or that, loves that she knows all the girls in her group and how they are working as a team to beat the other teams in some beach body compitition, and is just excited about working out. She loves that for $150 she has a trainer every night she works out (5 or 6 days a week now). The results are fantastic. I can't get upset because my wife is getting hotter. To us, it's worth it. She came home Friday just estatic because she is finally able to do doubles when jumping rope. I can see a world of difference in her body in just two months time. If my plate wasn't already loaded with bjj & surfing, I would be all over it as well. But yeah.. it would be cooler if it was less expensive, lol. But I will still pay for it. I love the results. It's awesome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 7:21pm

Style: Okinawan Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    What is interesting/odd is how different the workouts have become between say 2005 and today. Many of what looked to be the "core" exercises have changed. I don't know why that is..I stopped following it around 2010.
    Glassman is no longer running things. Current crop of people doing the main site programming strike me as pretty much idiots regarding programming for best performance. Basic idea seems to be lots and lots of metabolic conditioning because beating yoruself into the ground must be the best thing for the body.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 12:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What was your reason for creating this thread? Is there something specific you would like explained or clarified? The problem I face when considering the question as posed is that "Crossfit" is at least three different things, depending on where you're coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123