Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/27/2012 3:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Your thoughts on vegeterian/vegan diets...

I have been doing vegetrian diet for a month now around 5 days a week on average and I do feel great, lot lighter!

I usualy stick to eggs,diary products,fruits and vegetables, I avoid tofu/processed mock chicken/suasuage and keep the gluetens low!

Even though its working for me, my former trainer keeps saying vegetrians are garbage and that he use to be one and there weak as hell and inferior to meat eaters and that I will develop health problems down the line.

Granted I stopped working with him due to few incidence but every now and then, what he said brings some paranoia to my head about vegetrians having health problems down the line and would like to know if there are long time vegeterians in the house!

P.s: I do not consider eating donuts,cheetos,pepsi,chocolate bars a vegetrian diet either!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2012 10:21am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turles View Post
    I have been doing vegetrian diet for a month now around 5 days a week on average and I do feel great, lot lighter!

I usualy stick to eggs,diary products,fruits and vegetables, I avoid tofu/processed mock chicken/suasuage and keep the gluetens low!

Even though its working for me, my former trainer keeps saying vegetrians are garbage and that he use to be one and there weak as hell and inferior to meat eaters and that I will develop health problems down the line.

Granted I stopped working with him due to few incidence but every now and then, what he said brings some paranoia to my head about vegetrians having health problems down the line and would like to know if there are long time vegeterians in the house!

P.s: I do not consider eating donuts,cheetos,pepsi,chocolate bars a vegetrian diet either!
    As long as you make sure you are getting enough protein and other macro-nutrients and vitamins, I don't see why your diet would cause you problems. The addition of eggs and dairy will probably fill most of the holes in a vegetarian diet. Beans and rice are good for protein too.

I trust most trainers opinions about as much as I trust my dog not to try to grab food off of my plate when my back is turned. If you want a good opinion try your doctor or a nutritionist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2012 10:51am

Style: APK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just by being vegetarian you lose out on some of the better things in life.... like prime rib

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/27/2012 2:02pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you like it and it makes you feel good, stick with it. A natural vegetarian diet isn't practical, but you have an entire planet's worth of crops and supplements. I'd personally say keep fish and eggs at least
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    4/27/2012 6:01pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My coach is vegitarian. (Eats fish though and eggs I think..) Dude is fit as ****. His mum is a vegitarian and a natropath of some sort. And does not seem to have any more health problems than anybody else.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    5/02/2012 2:15am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vegetarian diet is useful but not as much as proper diet which have include all important ingredients. Diet not mean totally neglect form fish, beef and other healthy foods. Use them in normal quantity like 2 times in a week for maintaining calories. Calories are only receive by using these foods and vitamins are attain by eating vegetables, fruits. So i thing only vegetable is a source of vitamins and minerals not for calories.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2012 7:45am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by micalhassi View Post
    Vegetarian diet is useful but not as much as proper diet which have include all important ingredients. Diet not mean totally neglect form fish, beef and other healthy foods. Use them in normal quantity like 2 times in a week for maintaining calories. Calories are only receive by using these foods and vitamins are attain by eating vegetables, fruits. So i thing only vegetable is a source of vitamins and minerals not for calories.
    That's probably the 4th dumbest thing I've read on these forums since I've been here.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    5/02/2012 2:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mike Mahler the strength coach is a vegan who writes articles on this (including vegan & vegetarian fighters he knows about), so it obviously works for some people.

The people I know in real life who've tried to mix vegetarianism with hard training say they felt a bit weak and lethargic after a few months and found their strength come back as soon as they started eating meat again, but maybe they weren't being scientific about getting the right amino acids in their diet when they were vege.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2012 4:00pm

Style: BJJ/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My girlfriend was a vegetarian but felt weak when she started roller derby training. Felt much fitter after adding in meats. I on the other hand came from the other direction and cut back red meat and feel a lot less lethargic. I think it depends on where you were before as to how you'll feel subjectively. All that really matters is getting the right nutrients.

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 5:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by micalhassi View Post
    For more information check it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast