Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/26/2012 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykata View Post
    If he'd said "Dr. Paul never got any action as there's just no desire for an appeasement candidate among the Republicans," I wouldn't have blinked.
    So basically, your objection is that I used the term Paul supporters use when trying to drum up support for Paul instead of your personal choice of a poison-well term.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/26/2012 12:38pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he'd said "Dr. Paul never got any action as there's just no desire for an appeasement candidate among the Republicans," I wouldn't have blinked.
    Streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttccccccccchhhhhhhh

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/26/2012 12:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want a badass ************ to be my President. Like this guy:

"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

You can't **** with that.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/26/2012 12:57pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    So basically, your objection is that I used the term Paul supporters use when trying to drum up support for Paul instead of your personal choice of a poison-well term.
    Don't blame me for your poor choice of words.

Posted On:
    4/26/2012 12:58pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I want a badass ************ to be my President. Like this guy:

"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

You can't **** with that.
    That's a bullshit misquotation by omission.
    The "all the very best" refers to Obama.

Q: Mr. President, thank you very much. Since your philosophy is so different from President-Elect Obama's, what concerns you the most about what he may attempt to do?
    A: You know, Michael, I'm not going to speculate about what he's going to do. It's going to be―you know, he's going to get in the Oval Office, he's going to analyze each situation, and he's going to make the decisions that he thinks is necessary. And the other thing is, when I get out of here, I'm getting off the stage. I believe there ought to be, you know, one person in the klieg lights at a time, and I've had my time in the klieg lights. You know, I'm confident, you know, you'll catch me opining on occasion, but I wish him all the best. And people say, oh, you just―that's just a throwaway line. No, it's not a throwaway line. The stakes are high. There is an enemy that still is out there. You know, people can maybe try to write that off as, you know, he's trying to set something up. I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best. And of course, he's going to have his hands full with the economy. … And―anyway, I really do wish him all the best.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/26/2012 1:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    That's a bullshit misquotation by omission.
    The "all the very best" refers to Obama.

Why are you fucking with my fun. So it's a goof. Do you really think I can't find another one that's accurate?

Posted On:
    4/26/2012 1:05pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't blame me for your poor choice of words.
    Sorry sonny, here's a little Grown-Up 101 for you. When discussing politics with other adults, what big boys do is use the terms and claims that the politicians in question use. One may then interrogate the use of those terms, but simply insisting making up a strawman argument because I didn't use the strawman of your choice just makes you look stupid, and petulant.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/26/2012 1:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Sorry sonny, here's a little Grown-Up 101 for you. When discussing politics with other adults, what big boys do is use the terms and claims that the politicians in question use. One may then interrogate the use of those terms, but simply insisting making up a strawman argument because I didn't use the strawman of your choice just makes you look stupid, and petulant.
    You know what adults do? Admit when they're wrong. Your statement was poorly worded, at best, and rather than admit it, you want to destroy me for highlighting your mistake. Yeah, you do belong in politics.

Posted On:
    4/26/2012 1:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what adults do? Admit when they're wrong. Your statement was poorly worded, at best, and rather than admit it, you want to destroy me for highlighting your mistake. Yeah, you do belong in politics.
    What a joke. What a sad pathetic joke. Destroy you—if anything on a bboard can even be said to be destructive, you're doing it just fine all by yourself. I showed polling info that Reps are more hawkish than Dems and independents and that Paul's position on military/defense turned off big hunks of Rep voters. Reps don't want a peace candidate—a term of art used by Paul and his supporters—and that's a plain fact.

You're too stupid to know what "peace candidate" means. Whether you agree with it or not, that's the term being used to sell Paul's positions.

You're so stupid you forgot that your own claim was that I was engaging in a liberal fantasy. I proved you wrong.

You're so stupid you admit to extending my remark to mean something else, then object to when I point out the stretch.

You're so stupid you then try to stretch the claim in the other direction—insisting that Paul is an "appeasement" candidate, to use an ideologically charged and content-free term.

And then you dare tell me that I used poorly worded statements? What a useless moron you are. But this is great though—whenever you intervene in a politics thread, we have a couple of pages of you being a pathetic, petulant imbecile. In a fair world, I'd get a nickel a gander for showing off the Amazing Retarded Typist.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/26/2012 2:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post
    It's interesting you both say you think his term has benefited the rich or mega rich, I was under the impression he is taxing high income earners to supplement the low? Have I got that totally wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I don't like the fact that he is just a puppet.
    1st Chief of Staff - Lobbyist for Goldman Sachs
    2nd - exec with JPMorgan Chase
    3rd - ran a hedge fund for Citi that bet The Correct on the real estate bust.

Hmmm. Change I can't believe in.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast