Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 10:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You forgot the most important question - Is he a Muslim?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 10:05am

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKenner View Post
    Thank god, no. Having lived spitting distance from such a system, (My apartment looked over the Detroit River into Canada) and having worked with a few canadians (and diens) it amazed me how many of them carried u.s. health insurance. Why? It offered more options. A single payer system won't work here.
    Out of curiosity, what wouldn't you be able to get that you can't get with additional insurance or just cash?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 10:06am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can anyone explain to me why his term has meant happy days for people in the gun industry?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 10:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why his term has meant happy days for people in the gun industry?
    Because people were terrified he would push new gun laws through. The AG said openly it was on his to-do list. Gun owners went on the mother of all shopping sprees. Especially at the beginning of his term.

Ammo was twice the normal price and some was flat out impossible to find. The shelves were barren in gun stores. Black rifles were especially tough to find and when you did they were at least 150% of their normal price.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 10:19am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Because people were terrified he would push new gun laws through. The AG said openly it was on his to-do list. Gun owners went on the mother of all shopping sprees. Especially at the beginning of his term.

Ammo was twice the normal price and some was flat out impossible to find. The shelves were barren in gun stores. Black rifles were especially tough to find and when you did they were at least 150% of their normal price.
    IIRC, the run on ammo started right after the election, before he even took the oath of office.

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 10:20am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post
    I'm interested to know what you Americans think of him.

I think internationally everyone else is just happy that Bush isn't president.

As Americans..
    What do you think he has done well?
    What do you think he has done poorly?
    Who in society do you think has benefited from his presidency?
    Who has suffered from his presidency?
    What policy that he implemented were you most pleased with?
    What policy that he implemented did you most disagree with?

Would you vote for him at the next election?
    1. **** no. He's been a disaster from right out of the gate.
    2. Yes, he's affirmatively destructive--particularly with his utterly out of control spending and debt (e.g., more debt in 3.5 years than in the entire history of the US combined, including GWB's spendthrift presidency).
    3. The financial sector in general (Obama was the largest recipient of Goldman Sach's money and his administration is lousey with GS guys); public sector union members and government in general; rent-seeking private companies (e.g. GM, GE, etc.) and their connected sponsors.
    4. Everyone else especially the poor. His economic stewardship has been horrific. The most marginal people suffers when the economy is in the tank because they cannot get jobs. Ironically, poor blacks have probably suffered the most from his presidency (they have an astronomically high unemployment rate).
    5. Umm-he had bin Laden killed? He's kept most of GWB's foreign policy. Gitmo's still open.
    6. The phony stimulus. The bailouts. The crony capitalism and attempting to pick winners and losers in the economy (Solyndra, the GM Volt, etc.). The healthcare debacle. Fast and furious. Failing to support the Iranian opposition. I could go on.
    7. You're kidding right?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 10:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykata View Post
    IIRC, the run on ammo started right after the election, before he even took the oath of office.
    Yeah, that's right.

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 10:21am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post

The Fast and Furious debacle was (probably) an attempt to gin up support for more restrictive gun laws.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 1:44pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Zenmma: this is a site for martial arts skepticism and libertarian groupthink.

Factor that in as you read the answers.

Where are you from and what kind of healthcare do you have there
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 2:42pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Zen,

What was your objection to Bush and Gitmo? I know people had a lot of objections to both; and I have heard them. I have thoughts on both but want to keep the discussion narrow.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast