Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 3:38pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlingsinner View Post
    I'll leave you with one more gold nugget, "hitting two pressure points on the body can increase blood pressure and overload the heart. I can actually cause a heart attack by hitting the right spots. Of course we can't go over that, but these things are out there. Pressure point control can be deadly"
    He must have been at a seminar with Dux, Dillman and Ashida Kim LOL.
    I have only utilized two techniques from PPCT in the last ten years, the (straight) arm-bar take-down and a transport wrist-lock. Sadly, I am a PPCT instructor, and have shared the Kool-Aid as part of my job.
    Law enforcement agencies have to provide some training in order to limit liability, and PPCT stands behind their techniques as being legally & medically sound and tactically effective. If I were trying to build my own martial art, I wouldn't incorporate very many of their nuggets.
    Last edited by slamdunc; 4/24/2012 3:44pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 4:47pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    I don't know if he is a member of either of those two organizations, but he is an Illinois Secretary of State Capitol Police Investigator, and has received training in Pressure Point Control Tactics (PPCT): defensive tactics for law enforcement.
    Surely does explain his slant. Just wondering where he got his Dan in Judo...?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 10:46am

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Slamdunc...I feel your pain on the PPCT business. Hated that stuff, even though it was mandatory training.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 11:10am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaTedBear View Post
    @Slamdunc...I feel your pain on the PPCT business. Hated that stuff, even though it was mandatory training.
    The administration believes that they have to give you something, even if it won't work. I did have an open-minded PPCT Master Instructor; he was also a Judoka.
    As for Mr. Irby, surely the sanctioning bodies (USJA or USJF) can verify his credentials if we ever find out where he obtained his training and rank.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12