Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 10:33am

Style: FormerShotokan,Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Dude all those news channels have an agenda, and non of them is totally impartial (also in England..) Fox just happens to be on the other side you are..And i understand it is noot cool to criticize President Obama, but someone needs to.
    The difference may be that some other news-providers at least try to appear legitimate and unbiased.
    Off course it is brainwash, too, but such a low-quality-brainwash like on fox is insulting. Also, to think about that there are people who fall for that kind of **** really lets me become misantrophic.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 10:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Lets ignore fox a moment, I don't think they are getting any defenders, just those who don't think they are unique. Link a bbc article and let's review; I will try to when I get to a computer.
    The BBC isn't a print medium. Its the British Broadcasting Corporation, their shaping of the news agenda is done through the language they couch news announcements in, the guests they select to interview and most importantly don't select for interview etc...

The main sources of news via radio and TV for a majority of the population are BBC Radio 4 and BBC One news.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 10:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nils View Post
    The difference may be that some other news-providers at least try to appear legitimate and unbiased.
    Off course it is brainwash, too, but such a low-quality-brainwash like on fox is insulting. Also, to think about that there are people who fall for that kind of **** really lets me become misantrophic.
    I think it's insulting that all these news agencies claim to present the public with the unbiased results of investigative journalism when they actually present them with a non-stop stream of editorials. They're all guilty. Every single fucking one of them.

I'd have more respect for Fox News if they'd just go ahead and drop their whole "Fair and balanced" mantra. If you want to be the Rush Limbaugh network, that's fine. Just be honest about it. Same goes for the Communist News Network and all the others.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 11:13am

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    The BBC isn't a print medium. Its the British Broadcasting Corporation, their shaping of the news agenda is done through the language they couch news announcements in, the guests they select to interview and most importantly don't select for interview etc...

The main sources of news via radio and TV for a majority of the population are BBC Radio 4 and BBC One news.
    They have print articles online, and video clips and audio clips I believe. Ironically I just read a print article on us immigration that was very straight with just the facts. I was actually pleased.

The Third Man

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 11:18am

Style: Isshin-Ryu Karate,JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey sorry guys, can't talk now. Fox News is on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    A warrior is not just a person who fights. A true warrior is a scholar, artist, philosopher, fierece combatant, child molester and a spiritual / wise person.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 11:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fox News does have the finest news babes. I'll give them that.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 11:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    They have print articles online, and video clips and audio clips I believe. Ironically I just read a print article on us immigration that was very straight with just the facts. I was actually pleased.
    Which one? In what way was it pleasing?

The bias is most evident in the broadcast news, because that's what is the majority of their output.

They shape the debate by back loading the author when it suits them to obfuscate who said it and only front loading it when it doesn't eg.

*Bong*
    Conservative minsters want school children to go hungry claims Union official

*Bong*
    Reforms to the NHS will mean longer waiting times and more cancer deaths said a Labour MP today.

*Bong*
    Conservative Home Sec Theresa May says that crime has fallen over the last year.

*Bong*
    Tory donor and businessman Sir Gideon Beauchamp-Coombes claims that the Conservative governments economic policies are helping to fuel growth and create jobs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 11:41am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed that there may be some biased reporting from the BBC, but not at anywhere near the level of Fox.
    The "Fair and Balanced" tag line is the biggest laugh of all.

In fairness, Fox I assume is not funded by the tax payer where as the BBC is, which I think makes the biased reporting of the BBC all the worse.

Do any other countries in the world get taxed on their TV's to support a national TV channel?

"The idea of a tax on the ownership of a television belongs in the 1950s. Why not tax people for owning a washing machine to fund the manufacture of Persil?",
    Jeremy Paxman

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 11:49am

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judoka uk,

On a phone, it was on mobile site, about us immigration numbers from mexico.

Pleasing for news story = just facts as little bias a author and editor can manage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 11:50am

Style: FormerShotokan,Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post
    Do any other countries in the world get taxed on their TV's to support a national TV channel?
    Germany does. For that, we get biased news - one Channel, ARD, is more or less in the hand of the SPD (equals more or less the labour party), the other big channel, ZDF, is strongly controlled by CDU (conservatives).
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast