Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 6:05am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I Used To Be Fat.

I am from the UK so had never seen this before, but since being in Thailand I have been watching this online (with a proxy) between sessions... I dont usually say this about stuff on MTV, but what a great programme, I cant believe they dont have a UK version.

I have trained one way or another all my life, so I consider myself fortunate to never have fallen into that trap of getting obese (Fat), in fact the opposite, I realised the benefits that exercise give you far outweigh almost anything you can buy. But now days it feels like thousands if not hundreds of thousands of kids have just given up, growing up around overweight family members makes them think it is the norm, they are underselling themselves and it is inspiring to see a programme like this which tries so hard to show what can be achieved with Will, Dedication and hard work.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 2:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's simple. Fat kids have irresponsible parents. Unless they have some type of thyroid condition or other serious medical issue there's no reason for a kid to be fat. It's the parents' fault.

Don't eat **** every day and don't let your kids eat **** every day. Let them enjoy snacks, junk food and sodas in moderation. Don't make it a staple of their diet. Eat a fucking apple every once in a while and toss one in the little crumb snatcher's direction too. Exercise with your kids. Make them go play outside instead of sitting around wasting time on the Playstation.

I have some neighbor kids who are pretty chubby. Kid A is Italian. His mother feeds him like she's preparing him for a winter hibernation. A huge dinner of pasta every damn night. He came over to our house to hang out with my son and watch something on PPV. He had just finished a (probably enormous) dinner of rigatoni. When he walked over he brought a Pop Tart and munched on it for a while. Then, half way through the PPV he went home and came back with a bag of popcorn.

Kid B is just a couch potato. His parents probably haven't exercised since they were his age. He whines about the heat and the cold and everything else when all the neighborhood kids play outside. He eats hotdogs and **** every night. The rest of his diet consists of Doritos, Taco Bell and Kool-Aid.

I really feel sorry for them. Then I see their parents fawning over them and talking about how cute and handsome they are on Facebook. **** no, they're not. They're chubby little bastards that are going to die of heart attacks before their 45th birthday.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's also this whole exercise thing which people really ought to look into.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 3:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    devil speaks the truth. i abhor the parents i see who feed their kids ****, they are fucking them up for their later years. and people who **** up kids are evil.

so therefore, fat people are evil.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 11:44am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a former fat kid with parents who knew ****-all about diet and exercise, I endorse this thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 11:51am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    As a former fat kid with parents who knew ****-all about diet and exercise, I endorse this thread.
    Really how is it possible that people, at the very least, don't know about diet? I am not even talking about eating healthy, just from the perspective that if you eat a lot and don't exercise, you get fat It seems like it shouldn't be too hard to work out.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 12:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Incidentally, Kid B from my story above was coming to my house yesterday afternoon on his scooter when he did a faceplant in the street and broke off half of one of his front teeth. And it broke in half vertically, up to the gum. He showed up on my doorstep covered in blood. Poor little bastard.

He ate it because he was wearing flip flops. He also didn't have on a helmet. And he probably was distracted by the smell of my neighbor's grill.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 1:19pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    Really how is it possible that people, at the very least, don't know about diet? I am not even talking about eating healthy, just from the perspective that if you eat a lot and don't exercise, you get fat It seems like it shouldn't be too hard to work out.
    Have you met poor people? Poor, uneducated people do a lot things that appear (and are) stupid if you're educated and well-off. And what was considered healthy in the 1950s-70s is not what we'd consider healthy today.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 1:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Theres plenty of fat rich people, in fact the default picture of a fat person in my mind is a fat rich bastard....but i fairness, you are probably right, obesity is probably more common in poorer households.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 4:00pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to be fat when I was a kid, my father enrolled me in football and karate (I hated Karate yeah ironic! but I was all kata) then when I was 14 he we also started to do weight lifting that I did for a couple of years. In My country obesity is a growing problem but still is quite moderate a lot of young people here play football or are into a martial art or another. Even though are eating habits are getting worse everyday you dont see a lot of fat young people most of the fat people are middle aged
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast