Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 6:18am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a Chun argument with a lovely young lady whom used to work with us, she was assured it would save her in a street altercation, and seemed really off-put the fact I (at over 6 feet and at 100kg) having trained that disaster for a number of years, told her it would be worse than no training at all. I told her straight up to learn BJJ or Judo for self defense and fun, and I did get the issue with women training BJJ alone and it being weird, but she didn't really want to hear any of it.

It was really odd, she was intelligent, funny, nerdy, out going, pretty cool chick. But this...she was somehow lost. I wish it had been Systema, or the Kravmag (as I have decided to call it), swinging her arms around as a ballistic drum like Daniel-san, keys between her fingers like a miniature Wolverine, pawing at the eyes of would be attackers.

That would have been fantastic..and I don't think I would have had the heart to say anything more, if that was her retort. :MouthOpen:

Is there even much Systema in Aus?? :|
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 9:25am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    Is there even much Systema in Aus?? :|
    First I've seen, but apparently another mates mate does it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post

Battlefields, since we are soon to be sharing a city - stay away from my sister!
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 1:17pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I did systema, they had me doing all kinds of push ups and bodyweight exercises, along with punching each other all over and doing various wrestling games. All of which seemed a lot more useful than doing some weak chun forms.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 5:36pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    When I did systema, they had me doing all kinds of push ups and bodyweight exercises, along with punching each other all over and doing various wrestling games. All of which seemed a lot more useful than doing some weak chun forms.
    I agree and that's possibly why they don't feel it necessary to defend their art on here, because they actually exercise and hit each other. But I think it was Alex who said recently, probably paraphrased from a paraphrase but nothing is new under the sun, "I don't go to class to get strong, I go to class to learn how to fight, if I want to get strong I do it on my own time."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 5:24am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post

And secondly, dude, read The Game. You were in that corner entirely too long, completely oblivious to the rest of the party while you were trying so hard to pick up that chick and you left empty handed and way too quickly. Quick pointers, if she is hot, which she was, she will not like the over-attention guy. It's like a law or something amongst honey. If she has her legs crossed pointing away from you, she's hella not interested. AND NEVER EVER SPEND THE WHOLE NIGHT CHATTING UP THE ONE CHICK. It doesn't work. You have to play the field, EVEN IF IT SEEMS COUNTER INTUITIVE. Make it look like you have options, girls hate being an option. The best way to do that is to be the guy that everyone loves because he is awesome. Notice how everyone at the party loved me? Yeah, it's because I put in work, I used my charisma and I charmed. And not just the ladies. Notice how dudes were high fiving me all night, whenever I walked past, notice how they all were using my real name and yelling how awesome I am? I didn't know any of them. But they were like a billboard for me, advertising that I am the man that other men wish they were. Then notice all the ladies that spoke to me. Not me going and speaking to them, THEY sought ME out. Also, that chick is an awesome chick who lives with my mate and my mate is training her to be a stone cold mankiller.

I remember reading the game years ago.

In a nutshell - Dont try too hard

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 6:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    That kind of seems like Krav in a nutshell though.
    Yeah. I then submitted him with eyegouges. They do work well from mount by the way.

The other funny thing was for a group of guys wh rely on pressure points as their secret wepon. They tap pretty quickly to knee rides and cross faces.
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 4/25/2012 6:19am at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 11:36am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    The other funny thing was for a group of guys wh rely on pressure points as their secret wepon. They tap pretty quickly to knee rides and cross faces.
    Thus proving that pressure points totally work, and thus their training is valid!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 1:22pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Yeah. I then submitted him with eyegouges. They do work well from mount by the way.

They must have forgotten to use the super secret Systema breathing to keep you from tapping them.

I had one guy try to work his way out of a cross collar choke using his Systema breathing. Long story short, we thought we were going to have to call EMS to come pick him up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 2:02pm

Style: Weight Lifting,Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I obviously need to look at this Systema **** more - I thought it was all grabbing guns away from people and slapping them, I had no idea they had magical breathing techniques, too.

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 8:00pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    I obviously need to look at this Systema **** more - I thought it was all grabbing guns away from people and slapping them, I had no idea they had magical breathing techniques, too.
    They don't work in BJJ, but they'll help in weight lifting, maybe, or like...being trapped under a weight...that doesn't know BJJ.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast