Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 2:00am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    How so?
    In general I think it looks very interesting and I like the energy, but it also looks very different from what I'm used to. The body movement and positioning, for example. And the fact that, from what I've seen, most guys seem to rather take a lot of punches in exchange for the chance to land some blows of their own instead of keeping a certain distance and guard and avoiding to get hit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 9:51am

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    In general I think it looks very interesting and I like the energy, but it also looks very different from what I'm used to. The body movement and positioning, for example. And the fact that, from what I've seen, most guys seem to rather take a lot of punches in exchange for the chance to land some blows of their own instead of keeping a certain distance and guard and avoiding to get hit.
    Yeah, that makes sense. We do a lot of body conditioning to where most anything which isn't landed somewhere vital probably isn't going to stop us. (In my second fight, it was a very strong liver shot which stopped me.)

Some of the more talented and experienced light and middleweights tend to fight more from a distance, rather than the tough guy style you saw in most of the videos I posted. There were some pretty good examples of that at this tournament, but unfortunately there were a few fights where the participants asked that they not be posted on youtube, and I think by chance those were that type of fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 1:21pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's some good middleweight action:
    Love how the Kaiten Geri almost worked out for the yellow belt!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 1:26pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And this is the men's heavyweight ring style final:

Looks like Pauley Silva needs a better cup. I just don't know why Paul just didn't knock the bald guy out. He is far better then what the video shows.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 1:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    Love how the Kaiten Geri almost worked out for the yellow belt!!!
    He kinda landed it. I'm not sure how much damage it did. I'm not quite comfortable enough to try that move in a comp yet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 1:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    Looks like Pauley Silva needs a better cup. I just don't know why Paul just didn't knock the bald guy out. He is far better then what the video shows.
    I'm aware of his resume. I actually talked to Pauley for a bit after this fight. The relative shortness of his opponent was putting an angle on those knees which was allowing them to come up and under his cup...more of a taint/butthole shot which he assured me was quite painful.

Also, he commented on the toughness of his opponent (who was a student of the guy who beat me in the traditional bracket)....said the guy was tough as **** and was very surprised at the guy's threshold for taking damage. Guess the guy fights fairly often in MMA events around here.

Yeah, I decided at the last minute not to enter heavyweight ring style, which is a good thing because I probably would've had to fight Paul and I'm quite a ways off from that being a good idea.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12