Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 12:36pm

Style: kravmaga wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Oh no I'm new and teh deadly kravmagachundefender

Wonder how BJJ works on the battle field, when bullets, knives are flying, teams of guys storming in from one front or another and your locked up with a guy on the ground? Or lets say in a bar fight when a dozen guys are looking to just stomp on people, how does that locking up do and going to the ground? No one "thing" is a cure all for everything. Obvoiusly BJJ has its place, as does wrestling, boxing, kicking, etc. What can fighter get from WC? Inside fighting skills, redirection of energy, converging energy, low kicks, angular attacks. Now combine these things with other fighting skills and you can be an effective fighter in MMA. This one style is the best or worst is idiotic and closed minded. Even a wrestler can use WC principles, closing the gap lets say. Krav Maga is a great defensive system, will it work in MMA? Who knows, but elements of it can round out a fighter.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 12:39pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you need the threads? Do you need the confirmed military people who have used BJJ in the theater of operations? Do you need the military program information that uses MMA and BJJ? Do you need the articles of MMAer and BJJers using their skills on the street? Don't bring that weak sauce ignorant trolling **** in here.

No one said cure-all that is your red herring.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/23/2012 12:45pm at .

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 1:02pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by clawhammer View Post
    Wonder how BJJ works on the battle field, when bullets, knives are flying, teams of guys storming in from one front or another and your locked up with a guy on the ground? Or lets say in a bar fight when a dozen guys are looking to just stomp on people, how does that locking up do and going to the ground? No one "thing" is a cure all for everything. Obvoiusly BJJ has its place, as does wrestling, boxing, kicking, etc. What can fighter get from WC? Inside fighting skills, redirection of energy, converging energy, low kicks, angular attacks. Now combine these things with other fighting skills and you can be an effective fighter in MMA. This one style is the best or worst is idiotic and closed minded. Even a wrestler can use WC principles, closing the gap lets say. Krav Maga is a great defensive system, will it work in MMA? Who knows, but elements of it can round out a fighter.
    BJJ kicks butt over WC when it comes to trapping, inside punching, and kicking (especially flying kicks) and BJJ practitioners know one punch knockouts, weapons defense and an almost supernatural ability to detect danger. Very useful battlefield skills. If you think BJJ is only an effective method of grappling, you have never worked with someone with the true lineage, never been in a real battlefield, and never had to use your martial art to clear a full on bar fight that spreads to the streets and the police are afraid to show up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 1:20pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see a Clawhammer/Brother Daniel love affair coming soon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 1:26pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing is I don't need a martial art designed for fighting in a war zone because I don't live in Sudan. If you're worried about getting shot buy a bullet-proof vest and your own gun.

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 1:36pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm not sure if I'm bored enough today to play with this troll... hmmm

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 2:16pm

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bjj was designed specifically FOR the battlefield.

In middle ages Europe, where bjj was originally developed, it was common to wear full plate-mail armour. If you fell in combat, it was often too heavy to get back up unassisted. In those circumstances, being able to fight on the ground isn't just useful, it's essential.

A quick look at history through the eyes of Asian cinema, it's easy to see how wing chin developed so differently. When Chinese people fight, their hollow bones make it difficult to stay on the ground, so they fly about a lot when they do big flappy armed Kung fu. Wing chum counteracted this with the straight centreline punching. Old habits die hard though, so many chunners prefer to fight on tables in order to maintain an elevated altitude

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 2:48pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Medieval Europe is way too late to claim it was developed. A lot of the techniques were mature when Alexander got to India. A lot of shaolin temple stuff got to the art as they came back but it was weak crap. My top master woot has a scroll that explains it in detail. He has told me awesome stories about BJJ use through all major wars. He fought no holds barred in hong kong with a record of 277 and 0.

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 4:03pm

Style: kravmaga wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont need any threads, but for you BJJ nutz, get a grip, certain things work from any system. Your cure all BJJ BS is tiresome, I simply stated principles from any system can be applied to MMA. My points stand, principles from many things can be used, and I have. If you dont want people to respond to threads, WHY have a DISCUSSION forum numnutz? I have a style you can try...secret form of kung fu...called GO FU

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 4:08pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even a wrestler can use WC principles, closing the gap lets say.
    It would be very smart for any wrestler to crosstrain in WC to learn to close the gap, since that principle is probably never taught in wrestling itself.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast