Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 4:02pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post
    Theres plenty of fat rich people, in fact the default picture of a fat person in my mind is a fat rich bastard....but i fairness, you are probably right, obesity is probably more common in poorer households.
    As my Civic teacher told us "The poor people must eat cheap bread and sugar they cant pay meat nor expensive vegetables"

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 4:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    As my Civic teacher told us "The poor people must eat cheap bread and sugar they cant pay meat nor expensive vegetables"
    Well it's not quite that cut and dry. It doesn't cost much to plant a garden. But poor people are lazy. That's why they're poor and that's why they're fat.

Remember - fat people are evil, lazy and poor.

Edit: And dumb. I forgot dumb.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 4:28pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Well it's not quite that cut and dry. It doesn't cost much to plant a garden. But poor people are lazy. That's why they're poor and that's why they're fat.

Remember - fat people are evil, lazy and poor.

Edit: And dumb. I forgot dumb.
    Your **** would be awesome if you were funny
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 4:32pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your civics teacher is a fucking moron (and, I'm assuming, a liberal) if this is in the United States. That simply is not true virtually anywhere here. That "food desert" nonsense is a bunch of crap. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/18/he...n-studies.html I've been fairly poor; it's not hard to eat healthy. You don't need expensive anything to have a healthy diet. Just as an example, tuna is a cheap, very healthy source of protein.

Only the first world do we have obese poor people. People make choices, often bad ones.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 4:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    Have you met poor people? Poor, uneducated people do a lot things that appear (and are) stupid if you're educated and well-off. And what was considered healthy in the 1950s-70s is not what we'd consider healthy today.
    sorry but i dont buy this. ignorance is never an excuse. if youre gonna have kids, do some fucking research on how to raise them. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that **** food is bad for your kids. i lived in state housing and got washed in a fish bucket on the lawn as a kid and my parents still made sure me and the other spawn didnt grow up eating crap food.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 4:39pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    sorry but i dont buy this. ignorance is never an excuse. if youre gonna have kids, do some fucking research on how to raise them. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that **** food is bad for your kids. i lived in state housing and got washed in a fish bucket on the lawn as a kid and my parents still made sure me and the other spawn didnt grow up eating crap food.
    Good for you. Statistically, most poor people aren't like that. The often lack the ability to delay gratification or choose not to do so--which is often why they are poor.

I have plenty of poor relatives and had working class parents (at best). They're all pretty ignorant and make some really dumb choices. They may even try to eat healthy but they lack the basic information on how to do so. (Start with: cook your own food and eat vegetables).

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that information is all there. **** people who cant be bothered learning, is basically my only point. i know why these things happen. but i simply have no respect for people who can make the decision to have kids and then make the decision NOT to bother looking after them. poor doesnt come into it- that **** is straight up fucking evil. ive known plenty of poor people who are great parents and do all they can for their kids. ive seen loads of middle class people whos fat little shits are a walking heart attack.

onbviously the stats are skewed that poor people are gonna be worse at this kind of thing. well, **** them. theyre not killing their kids because they are poor theyre doing it cos theyre fucking lazy and ignorant.

/upper middle class rant end

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 8:30pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    Your civics teacher is a fucking moron

Only the first world do we have obese poor people. People make choices, often bad ones.
    You are right he was moronish yet he sometimes gave good life advice and he was from the far left, so leftist that he is against my country's leftist government and ex-guerrilla president for not being leftist enough. Also in non-first world countries there is also obesity look Mexico as the biggest example.
    Last edited by RurikGreenwulf; 4/24/2012 8:40pm at . Reason: me englesh sucks!!1!

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 10:52pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, but after reading this book, I've been unable to swallow the "I'm too poor to skinny!" line.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 11:54pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some points yonder:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked.com writer John Cheese
    …When our food money arrived, to avoid multiple trips to the grocery store and burning shitloads of gas that we couldn't afford, we bought our entire month's worth of groceries all at once and stored it like fucking squirrels. When you do that, you need **** that won't spoil.

Forget about fresh produce or fresh baked goods or fresh anything. Canned vegetables are as cheap as a gang tattoo, and every poor person I knew (including myself) had them as a staple of their diet. Fruit was the same way. …

[…]

Fresh food is expensive and takes forever to prepare. It goes bad quickly, so it requires multiple trips to the grocery store per week, which is something most impoverished people can't do.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast