Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 3:33pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Diesel! I am interested in meeting up with you guys to train.
    I have some Balintawak experience under GM Bobby Taboada. However, it has been several years since I have even picked up a baston.
    I am in south Alabama, about 20 minutes from the state line. Please let me know when and where you guys train.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 3:46pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1cinomed View Post
    I have some Balintawak experience under GM Bobby Taboada. However, it has been several years since I have even picked up a baston.
    I am in south Alabama, about 20 minutes from the state line. Please let me know when and where you guys train.
    We train off 9 Mile road in the ball parks accross from Chan's. Monday nights at 6pm. I injured my knee last night and am in an imobilizer right now, but I can hook you up with my coach who will still be training. Hopefully I'll be back in the saddle pretty soon.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 3:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome man. I would appreciate it very much.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to hear about the knee. Godspeed.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 5:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks! It will heal. Ill see what I.can do in the mean time.

I told mu coach that you want to come out. Just let me know if your coming or need more specific directions.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 6:47pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    by
    Hey 1cinomed! I think I may have trained with you at a Bobby Taboada seminar. I remember going to a JKD school in Alabama years ago for a Taboada seminar and some testing. I was with two other guys from the Ft. Walton Beach/Navarre Fl area.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 8:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    by
    Hey 1cinomed! I think I may have trained with you at a Bobby Taboada seminar. I remember going to a JKD school in Alabama years ago for a Taboada seminar and some testing. I was with two other guys from the Ft. Walton Beach/Navarre Fl area.
    I was there. It was actually a lame Wing Chun school. I just went for the sticks as the instructor was quite proficient in Balintawak. I trained at another JKD place in central Alabama that was much more legit.

I know it was a while back but I had a shaved head and goatee. I remember you guys coming for one of the seminars. Quite a drive but it was some good training.

Are you still training Balintawak?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 8:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If my son does not have a ballgame, I am going to come this Monday.

Do you guys train in a specific lineage? Any blades?

Directions would be a huge help. Thanks.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 8:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My coach, Billy has a very mixed background. He started in JMA and cross trained with different FMA schools. Mainly we focus on aliveness with good footwork and technique. We pressure test everything. We keep track of sparring rounds and take notes I what needs improvement.

Stick, knife, empty hand, and grappling.

If you are coming from I-10, get off on the HWY 90 exit. HWY 90 is also nine mile road. Take that into town. When you pass Winn Dixie on the left you are almost there. You will see ball parks on the right and Rio Bravo Mexican restaurant on the left at hummingbird rd. There is a traffic light there. Turn right into the ball park and drive all the way to the back. We train right back there by the tree line.
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 9:05pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was there. It was actually a lame Wing Chun school. I just went for the sticks as the instructor was quite proficient in Balintawak. I trained at another JKD place in central Alabama that was much more legit.

I know it was a while back but I had a shaved head and goatee. I remember you guys coming for one of the seminars. Quite a drive but it was some good training.

Are you still training Balintawak?
    I can't really remember anyone in particular other than the instructor of the school. I was thinking it was a WC school but since you mentioned Balintawak and JKD I figured I was just remembering it wrong. I always wondered about that instructor, not sure how long he trained Balintawak. I have never seen him at any of Bobby Taboada's training camps before or since, I was always curious why my instructor never made more of an effort to get up with that guy seeing as how Taboada Balintawak is hard to come by down here.

...and yes I still train Balintawak as well as Serrada. I train Balintawak with my old group when I visit Gulf Breeze. I guess I'm going to have to start up a small group in Orlando If I'm going to keep training it other than by myself (bagwork). I'll train for my Level 6 "completion of the art" when I get a chance this year, then I have to get at least one student to level 6 to rank up.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast