Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:11pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Someone please explain this to me. It is getting irritating because even senior members are doing this ****.

If you don't want it addressed, don't type it out. I love when people are shocked that "you jumped, addressed, talked, commented, complained" about their point, "when this is what I really meant." Then type what you mean and support it with facts not fallacies.
    I initially thought he meant "why concentrate on a small hyperbole rather than address my general point?" However, since is elaboration on the point was so much stupider than the original, I'm no longer sure he's not trolling or suffering from a chromosomal disorder.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:16pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A combination might start off wrenching someone's arm as they try to grab you, followed by a elbow to the shoulder joint, extending to a hammer fist to inside of the thigh of the rear leg (baring in mind that he his standing behind his assailant, at this point), then an elbow to the kidney, and a punch to the chest, from over the shoulder, extending into a one armed sleeper hold
    elbow to the shoulder joint, hammer fist to the inside thigh, punch to the chest and one armed sleeper hold all sound like attacks that missed their mark at the last second.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post

Extending? Your forearm is four feet long? You're holding him in a shoulder lock, and striking the inside of the thigh? To accomplish what?
    This is what is commonly know as 'The Reach Around' and i'm certain that JackOffFest is very proficient with it.

Registered Member

The Land Of Processed Meat And Internet Trolls

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:38pm

Style: Karate, Boxing, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10/10
    I haven't a good laugh at all today like I just had now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:54pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think I want to live in a world where someone with 5+ years each in boxing and BJJ believes that imaginary attack sequence will play out *drinks bleach*

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 4:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CJaKfOrEsT View Post
    Wow...you guys really love to jump on every comment, don't you.
    Know that in bullshido everyone, even a keysi armchairist, is responsible for the words of their voice.

Now, other people have done the line by line bit. That's fine. I try not to do that. I try to only focus on the things that are fucking ridiculous beyond all measure, things that don't make sense, things that warp time and space and make the mind reel at the impossible geometry of it all.

a punch to the chest, from over the shoulder,
    What...but...to the chest? From....over...but a punch! To....the chest. From....behind?

Why? Why would you choose this? You've just "hammerfisted" him between his legs, presumably arousing him. I can think of no conceivable way you could make contact with the front of your knuckles, even if you're Dhalsim from street fighter or Luffy from One Piece. And a hammer fist would be hyperextending your own arm. So you're using the knocking knuckles of the hand. You're knocking on his chest. From behind him. You're knocking on his chest. You're KNOCKING on his CHEST. YOU'RE KNOCKING ON HIS CHEST. KNOCKING ON HIS CHEST. KNOCKINGONHISCHEST. KNOCKINGONHISCHESTKNOCKINGONHISCHESTKNOCKINGONHISC HESTKNOCKINGONHISCHESTKNOCKINGONHISCHESTKNOCKINGON HISCHESTKNOCKINGONHISCHESTKNOCKINGONHISCHESTKNOCKI NGONHISCHESTKNOCKINGONHISCHESTKNOCKINGONHISCHES-

while the other arm monitors for other potential assailants...
    To be fair the thought of this is fucking terrifying.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 5:39pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    I initially thought he meant "why concentrate on a small hyperbole rather than address my general point?".
    He has done it twice now, so that's why I am asking. He draws conclusions and you comment on the part that makes his point silly and he is "noooo geeez understand what I mean not what I type."

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 8:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I love when people are shocked that "you jumped, addressed, talked, commented, complained" about their point, "when this is what I really meant." Then type what you mean and support it with facts not fallacies.
    Sure address away. Sorry if I'm used to concluded discussions where people seek clarity from the the other party, as opposed to flaming on one point (yes, you only did make one point, and rather than confuse you tiny little "I have my head so far up my arse, that you can't comprehend why someone would take issue with being insulted" brain, by jumping on ever other point you raised, which evolved around your first, I've stayed with that), and ignoring the others.

I mean really, wtf is this place? I say "wrench arm" and Mr "I like to cuddle men, but don't realise that I prove aa sport, and not a combative art" thinks I have my am tied up in an arm lock. Perhaps he has never heard of the concept of a "transitionary arm lock", which is common amongst Filipino arts.

Then comes Mr "if you aren't sparring, then your **** don't work" who ignores the fact that most, if not all street based martial arts, of any repute, are developed either by doormen, who that **** out on dick heads that had it coming, or by military guys, who "test" it in the field.

Sorry for pointing out the fucked up culture of this forum, which is full of dick heads that think the only valid style is their own, but someone had to say it.

Now I'll leave you all to celebrate chasing away another noob.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 9:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CJaKfOrEsT View Post
    Sure address away. Sorry if I'm used to concluded discussions where people seek clarity from the the other party as opposed to flaming on one point (yes, you only did make one point, and rather than confuse you tiny little "I have my head so far up my arse, that you can't comprehend why someone would take issue with being insulted" brain, by jumping on ever other point you raised, which evolved around your first, I've stayed with that),
    No, you are used to people believing your logical fallacies. Like the red herring of you not being able to feel insulted.
    I will show you below:
    and ignoring the others.
    Had other people addressed your other points? Yes. So, you want redundancy? You must come from a board where everyone types "+1" or "right on" after every point from a new poster. Welcome to bullshido where we either build on a previous point or address what bothers us about a crappy argument.

I mean really, wtf is this place?
    It's a place where your sacred cows will be slain and your logical fallacies will be skewered. Your appeal to authority fallacy failed and now your are resorting to ad hominem fallacy of insults.

I say "wrench arm" and Mr "I like to cuddle men, but don't realise that I prove aa sport, and not a combative art" thinks I have my am tied up in an arm lock. Perhaps he has never heard of the concept of a "transitionary arm lock", which is common amongst Filipino arts.
    Oh look a gay joke from the nineties and the sport vs street argument. This is a false dichotomy as seen by my response below.

Then comes Mr "if you aren't sparring, then your **** don't work" who ignores the fact that most, if not all street based martial arts, of any repute, are developed either by doormen, who that **** out on dick heads that had it coming, or by military guys, who "test" it in the field.
    Hahahaha hahahahahaha proof of this assertion or STFU. Yes this is a logical fallacy as well. You are trying to build the "no true Scott's man fallacy." Yes, I see your "street based" argument and will point out that all of those are based in TRADITIONAL MARTIAL ARTS not created by or developed by doormen. Sport and combat go hand in hand. Yes, that is the end of the story except for people that pray to false idols.

Sorry for pointing out the fucked up culture of this forum, which is full of dick heads that think the only valid style is their own, but someone had to say it.

Now I'll leave you all to celebrate chasing away another noob.
    You didn't point out ****, but your own asshattery and stupidity..
    Last edited by It is Fake; 12/04/2012 9:29pm at .

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 9:16pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have a high percentage of military and Law Enforcement members on the site. As well as bouncers/doormen, and ammy and some pro fighters.

Most military people have **** for hand to hand fighting. It's not what they train for, it's not what they do. The same goes for most LEOs. If you don't train it outside of work, it's going to be shitty. Most doormen ALSO have shitty hand to hand fighting. They can roust a disoriented and belligerent drunk in a 5v1. That takes a minimum of skill. This is not universal. Many people in those professions are drawn to proper training and seek it out, but being a cop or a marine or a bouncer does not automatically make you a badass fighter.

If you are training without pressure testing then you are not developing reliable instincts and technique. Trusting in your ability to fight of an attacker in a life and death situation when you've never tried it in a sparring match against a determined and resisting opponent is like trusting that you can fly if you jump off of a mountain without ever testing it by jumping off of a kitchen table. Both of those beliefs will get you killed.

Your attempt to ridicule BJJ as 'cuddling men' and being a 'sport' is just another mark of your ignorance. Watch what happens every single time one of those 'combative arts' people goes up against a grappler of even mediocre skill. They get destroyed.

We have people of various styles that post here, we aren't monolithic. But what we all DO generally agree on is that your training most contain aliveness and be practiced with resistance for it to be effective.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 LastLast