Page 4 of 12 First 12345678 ... Last
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmojo View Post
    I do KFM. it's pretty fun and having trained in kickboxing, the defences work against Muay Thai and K-1 so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmojo View Post
    Everything I say is just from a couple of weeks training in Keysi and a few months training in kickboxing. :)
    You see the problem and why it does not compute right?

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Not really convinced

I looked into KFM a few years back. It seemed to be a mixture of FMA and Silat style infighting based around the JKD principle and flinch-like covers like the SPEAR system. I made inquiries about the instructor courses they were offering as they expanded around the UK. After receiving lots of literature showing me their expensive monogrammed karambits and training clothes, I decided to give it a miss.

A few months later I saw an article in a UK mag showing a KFM defence against a jab by headbutting it(!) and here was me thinking self defence was about not getting punched in the face...

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by robotjox View Post
    [..]
    A few months later I saw an article in a UK mag showing a KFM defence against a jab by headbutting it(!) and here was me thinking self defence was about not getting punched in the face...
    Tell that to Brian Dennehy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by huge View Post
    Tell that to Brian Dennehy.
    Only if you're wearing a trenchcoat or a wrestling singlet... beat me to it!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do know hitting someone on top of the head sucks ass, however I would really hate to try and develop the timing it would take to try and headbutt a jab.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    , however I would really hate to try and develop the timing it would take to try and headbutt a jab.
    Done this by accident (see "failed at evassion") a few times tucking my chin and sinking into a lower stance with the ol' bodyweight behind it. Have headbutted people in the fists and face quite unintentionally this way.

It's more like directing the punch to a hard misserable target that hurts their hand badly than it is trying to use your face like a SCUD missile. Movies are silly.
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 7/31/2012 2:35pm at .

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paging Omega...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I fucking loved the fights in TDKR.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did not until the very end.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was kinda hoping for a more dramatic back-breaker from Bane. Coulda used more commando/Hulkamania in that move.

Page 4 of 12 First 12345678 ... Last