4/17/2004 4:29pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by MM4Guy
    [harsh]You suck, train harder.[/harsh]
    Harsher:

You are like a vacuum cleaner, you suck and blow, I've seen dead corpses that move better than you, why don't you give up fighting and take up something that you're better apt at understanding like being the punching bag!!!!

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/17/2004 5:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A good fighter will teach stuff fast - fer instance I have got used to relying on my left jab and tend to leave my arm out bopping the opponent's nose. A high ranked kempo guy grabbed my left elbow with his right hand and bloodied my poor little nose hooking in with his left (the big meanie; actually I'm larger and he used the elbow grab to get inside and hit). Then after he helped clean me up with cold towels he showed me the technique. Later I was using the old extended left on a n00b sparring and he stopped us to show how the n00b didn't have the technique to aviod my bad technique of leaving my left extended.

So find sparring partners who will beat you and teach you, not just beat you up. As a brown belt I learned a lot from a tough tourney (point with blood type tourneys) fighter. He'd only hit when I left myself open or made a mistake - that way he taught me a bunch about guarding and moving.

Oh, and here's your harsh criticism:

Last edited by patfromlogan; 4/17/2004 5:11pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 7:58am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't think anyone had a camera in the room at that time
    >.>
    <.<
    Last edited by Shug; 4/18/2004 9:23am at .

Posted On:
    4/22/2004 11:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shug :

Since Im not really seeing the replies on the Striking end of things , I thought that I would Drop some suggestions on that end .

Ive seen you do your Bagwork , and from that aspect I wouldnt change a thing ... but thats a part of your Problem . Ive NEVER seen you adress a HUMAN the way that you do a Bag . To state it as flatly as I can , you HIT bags , you TAP humans . Its a mental block with you that Im not quite sure how to solve excepting one way .

Take Ameteur Striking-Only matches . San Da , San Shou , Muay Thai , whatever . Take as many of them as you can , and learn to HIT the other guy . This way , youre looking at the other guy not as a Training Partner , or as a friend , but as an Obsticle , and as an Opponent . Something to be Run Over . A thing to be Taken Out .

The Rulesets arent whats Important at this point , hell , nor is even WINNING . THe Idea is to get you to really Dig Into your strikes no matter what it is youre Striking .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2004 8:37am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks Djimbe (and everyone else) ^_^

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 6:55pm

Style: EarthDragon MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spar with Andre if you want help with TKD. He's the best I've ever seen (haven't seen too many TKD guys, but hey XP) and he'll give you plenty of tips and pointers. Hudacko Sensei is good too. He does Chung Do Kwan. Or you can come here for boxing and close-quarter standup!!! Cook's good too!!!!!

Mutt agrees with Djimbe. (He'd say so himself, but he's making dinner. XP) He says you need to bang - and he's not talking about sexual intercourse. XP To really know what it feels like to fight, you need to fight. Full contact.

Mutt-man and I put on the gloves and headgear and go full contact sometimes. I get kicked in the thigh hard enough to drop me to my knees (I REALLY hate that!) but at least I know what it feels like to get kicked in the thigh. It's hard to take what blows come flying your way, but every hit you take that doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 7:08pm

Style: EarthDragon MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ~Deleted~
    Last edited by Aka Yari; 4/25/2004 7:14pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 7:11pm

Style: Earth DragonMMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shug:

That was my wacko kid.....

she's a piece of work. I beat her like a man. that's what you need. A beaing, but not a stupid, ass-whippin. You need to be beaten by someone who knows how to coach a FIGHTER. It's called being brought along.

There has to be pressure, tension, and some hard contact. Our "level 2" is pretty demanding. It's stand up + grappling, no striking on the ground. It's not enough to just get hit. It's about getting hit for a reason; to learn a specific lesson.

Drills and bag-work are like a classroom....to see if the theory is real, one needs to take it to the LAB: thats the mats.

When the Brits come in August, you gotta come out. We will combine TMA and MMA in a very cool atmosphere. LOTS of crosstraining.

Andre IS a really hard , old school TKD guy. He is a NO BULLSHIT Korean stylist. I'd like to see Osiris and him get together.
    Anyway...
    Stay focused.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 8:54pm

Style: Earth DragonMMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fine Arts?

As in??

Julia draws and needs some guidance. They can both use some work on the visual arts. She loves anime and Manga. They both do. Exactally What Branch of the fine arts do you study? Music? Julia = violin and Tori plays flute. Thay can both sing pretty well.

Drama? dude...these two muttlings are drama queens. Tori is always in the plays in H.S.

Whatever it is, let us know, because these are studies that require a certain different "world view" . As a History major, i took as many art/fine art/painting/photo classes as I could.( I loved talking girls into "modeling") But partying and working as a bouncer took my attention away. (Wore out some brain cells as well)
    I sarted in Isshin Ryu in college. I think........oh yeah...i did!

If you want to be able to fight, you have to fight. Want to dance?...dance with someone who's good at it. want to ski?....go skiing....get the picture? Come on around this summer...I'll let you sleep in a spare trailer, and work you hard.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 10:16pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent words Mutt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast