225327 Bullies, 4049 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Brazil to Sonnen: Don't let the Rio hit your de Janeiro on the way out

Seems Chael Sonnen won't be in Okami's corner for UFC 134 in Brazil. His verbal assaults on the country, and it's fighters have had at least one unexpected result. It's been rumored that Praetorian, a Brazil-based MMA brand, threatened to pull the their sponsorship of Okami, if Sonnen were to attend. The terms of his probation may not allow for travel anyway, but were he to attend....

A fierce linguist, with chips on both shoulders, Sonnen has let lose on things such as the Nogueira bros, Lyoto Machida, and the entire nation of Brazil.

The nation has taken offense. Wandy summed it up the best, during a car ride w/ Sonnen
    "In Brazil we have saying, you have respect, you not lost your teeth"

There's a joking lynch mob Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=165652533511724 (Translation)
    "Guys, everyone is aware of what this insect has been spewing about Brazil, the fighters, of the people of this country, of our culture. I think we should give him a 'warm welcome' when he comes to attend UFC Rio on the 27th, since Brazilians carries the fame of being sympathetic, hospitable, warm people, how about a big party for our friend Chael Sonnen?"
    Sonnen responded on twitter:

Please, FB nerds, no group has the strength to lynch me. I'm a Republican; we run on neither blood nor oxygen.
    Says Sonnen on him not attending:

"I only want to be there to help him...I don't need to see the show. I can watch the show on TV. I was going exclusively in support of Yushin, and frankly, it's been headed this way for a long time. It's been headed the direction of, 'Hey, this is becoming a distraction.'

"This fight isn't about me. I'm not involved. I'm here to lend you support. But I don't want things thrown at what will unintentionally be him while he's in the ring or we're going to the ring.....This is serious business. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and it's not my place to disturb it or shift any type of attention to me. This is his moment, his night, his time to be the world champ."
    So...WTF Bullies? What do you all think?
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 8/25/2011 1:44pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 2:31pm

Style: BJJ & MMA, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahaha! he's waving his arms and jumping up and down yelling "Don't look at me! Don't look at me!"

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 5:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chael Sonnen is just an epic troll. the dude is trolling a whole fucking country. He is like the MMA version of Colbert.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 8:25pm

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sonnen amuses the hell outta me.I think he's pretty fucking good as a troll. As Alex said, he's trolling a whole nation!!,not just a couple of keyboard nerds on some forum,but a whole fucking nation!! lol,and he's more than happy to step in the ring and walk his walk lol.

The last statement shows that he also understands where trolling stops and serious opportunity starts (for Okami).

I like the guy.Funny as all get out,can fight and knows when "serious" needs to start.

:)

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 10:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Insulting a whole nation, right? Is it still trolling, if it's IRL, and without the pseudonym, or web-junkies to wind up? He's been dissing Brazil, and some of their most beloved and respected fighters.

I liked Wandy's summation of it. Sell the fight is good, but don't trash everyone. Challenge one guy yes, but diss everyone? I'd assumed trolling, was done with anonymity...wait...I just realized.

Chael's getting back at Brazilians for pumping up Steven Seagal. I take it back, they deserve it.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 11:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    basically, anyone who doesn't think he is either

a) fucking with people

b) actually a loon

is fucking stupid. I seriously doubt the guy is in fact mentally unstable, and if you've ever seen an interview with him it's fairly obvious that it's just an act. As much as I love Wandy, brazilian guys are some of the most over sensitive dudes ive ever met besides people from armenia/georgia/that crazy little bit of europe so even if he gets that its a joke he still is angry about it cos... well, hes from brazil.

:)

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 11:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree, he's def. fucking w/ people, note the graphic

I just think it's understandable that fighters, and fight fans...and Brazilians in general would take offense. He shut up quick in the car, though. That makes Wandi the IRL anti-troll king.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 8/26/2011 1:08am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 11:57am

Style: Shaolin Kenpo, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** this is hilarious! Never seen this side of him before.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 12:01pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    That makes Wandi the IRL anti-troll king.
    Wanderlei is Beowulf reincarnated?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2011 6:35pm

Style: FMA/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he thinks that they all suck so much, he should fight all of them. At once.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast