Our Sponsors:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 12:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow ... there's a saying ... it's not that they don't know .. it's that they don't know they don't know, and that's a whole new level of ignorance. The arrogance displayed here is pretty amazing. Not once have I implied that if it's not judo it's crap .... despite the fact that there are NUMEROUS MA styles out there that ARE delusional crap there are also others that are extremely effective and I have a tremendous amount of respect for them .... belts or not .. as well as the combat sports that are proven to be effective as well. I am presenting a position which is by no means an extreme or uncommon one ... you gentlemen resort to insults and imply a position of absolute authority on the subject matter. Apparently being a moderator or Sr member doesnt require a mature level of communication skills ..... or an educated vocabulary for that matter. My posts have never INTENDED to offend, where your become increasingly and intentionally so. For such a well know Forum as Bullshido I would have expected a more intelligent or at least intellectual discussion of subject matter from a moderator and Sr member than what has been presented. Responses like "your arguments are stupid" and "idiot" don't lend much credibility to your "authority" to even intelligently debate the subject matter. Have a good evening gentlemen.

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 12:53am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jrljudoka View Post
    Wow ... there's a saying ... it's not that they don't know .. it's that they don't know they don't know, and that's a whole new level of ignorance. The arrogance displayed here is pretty amazing. Not once have I implied that if it's not judo it's crap .... despite the fact that there are NUMEROUS MA styles out there that ARE delusional crap there are also others that are extremely effective and I have a tremendous amount of respect for them .... belts or not .. as well as the combat sports that are proven to be effective as well. I am presenting a position which is by no means an extreme or uncommon one ... you gentlemen resort to insults and imply a position of absolute authority on the subject matter. Apparently being a moderator or Sr member doesnt require a mature level of communication skills ..... or an educated vocabulary for that matter. My posts have never INTENDED to offend, where your become increasingly and intentionally so. For such a well know Forum as Bullshido I would have expected a more intelligent or at least intellectual discussion of subject matter from a moderator and Sr member than what has been presented. Responses like "your arguments are stupid" and "idiot" don't lend much credibility to your "authority" to even intelligently debate the subject matter. Have a good evening gentlemen.
    Umm.... so when I made an argument for the use of belts in MMA and you responded with "Ha ha! your sig is silly"

That is different right?
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 2:40am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're not being coherent at all; you're coming across as a stupid troll and you're being treated like it. Not only does it seem you derailed another thread to have this deformed birth made, but you're now in one of the open, free-for-all, dick-slapping, cock-slamming forum of jokers and assholes. This is not where you aim to get serious answers, especially in how you are presenting yourself online.

You are presented with opinions that differ from your own, but do not engage with them in a constructive manner.

Any opinion you don't agree with you reply that it is full of 'arrogance' or 'ignorance', and you won't even acknowledge the sense within it.

People can have a high enough skill in something that they then systemically catalogue what works for them or has worked, and then organise it heirarchally into a belted system knowing what blocking elements exist stopping further advanced learning. Certain understandings must be made before certain techniques can be taught, a belt system in whomevers style (new, old, moonbased) helps define these levels of understanding HOW THEY FUCKING SEE FIT.

So what's your fucking argument again, asshole?
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 2:41am

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm stupid.... I can't win.... so I'm going to start insulting people's intelligence... HA!... that will show them.

I fixed that for you. No need to thank me.

:)

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 9:21am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 9:45am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow ... there's a saying ... it's not that they don't know .. it's that they don't know they don't know, and that's a whole new level of ignorance. The arrogance displayed here is pretty amazing. Not once have I implied that if it's not judo it's crap
    You just described yourself. I have tried to get you to clear that up. Also take a few English classes. Your writing is crap.

.... despite the fact that there are NUMEROUS MA styles out there that ARE delusional crap there are also others that are extremely effective and I have a tremendous amount of respect for them .... belts or not .. as well as the combat sports that are proven to be effective as well. I am presenting a position which is by no means an extreme or uncommon one ... you gentlemen resort to insults and imply a position of absolute authority on the subject matter.
    This statement makes you a hypocrite. What are your credentials that make you suck and authority. I teach several "traditional martial arts". I also coach MMA. I am more of an authority on the matter than you will ever be.
    Apparently being a moderator or Sr member doesnt require a mature level of communication skills .....
    No it doesn't. I'm treating you how you're acting. IMO you're acting like a 17 year old. So get over it.
    or an educated vocabulary for that matter.
    Correct your grammar and I'll improve my vocabulary you verbose pompous coot.
    My posts have never INTENDED to offend, where your become increasingly and intentionally so.
    And you are a liar.
    For such a well know Forum as Bullshido I would have expected a more intelligent or at least intellectual discussion of subject matter from a moderator and Sr member than what has been presented. Responses like "your arguments are stupid" and "idiot" don't lend much credibility to your "authority" to even intelligently debate the subject matter. Have a good evening gentlemen.
    stu·pid

   [stoo-pid, styoo‐] Show IPA adjective, stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est, noun
    adjective 1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.

2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.

3. tediously dull, especially due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party.

4. annoying or irritating; troublesome: Turn off that stupid radio.

Glad you could rage quit ******, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 10:31am

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I teach TMA as well ....

As you say ... there is lineage with your system .... I'm assuming with successive instructors receiving some form of "authorization" or formal "approval" to also teach the system from their instructors. A system centuries old, established methods, techniques etc ... this doesn't exist with MMA. I can't quite understand how an individual can "create" a system and then appoint themselves a Black Belt head of that system ... smacks of "delusions of grandeur" or another money making scheme. These people are not modern day Kanos or Funakoshi, or Chan Heung. Is there lineage for these MMA systems? I DO realize that I may be moving the goal posts .... but there are so many to choose from! :D
    So your theory is that every Dojo rank is bad? I'm sorry, but I believe it was Coffeefan that put up some videos of Omega's testing... ...and I have to say, his ranks are legit, and it has nothing to do with a governing body, or his lineage - its all about the standards the instructor holds.

The problem with in-house ranking systems, or course, is quality control. Not all have the high standards that Omega apparently does. And a lineage or governing body doesn't guarantee a good standard... walk into a Soo Bahk Do dojang sometime.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 3:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please tell me this anger and a lie because you are full of **** with this post.

You thought everyone would agree with your assessment and got your feelings hurt when that didn't happen.

:)

Posted On:
    4/21/2012 11:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    grow a thicker skin.

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 12:19am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So yeah...looks like OP ran away...BECAUSE HE WAS RELEASING THIS VIDEO:

Touche, OP, touche...
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910