Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2012 11:47pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MAtt here is a question

"that she personally objected that she should be outranked by someone who had never won anything, when she had medalled at the olympics;"

Matt I read most of your posts taking Mr Lowery to task, had no problem until you claimed to quote AnnaMarie with something she would never say. Do you see anything wrong with this quote?
    Last edited by judoratt; 4/14/2012 11:55pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 12:31am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You may have enough posts to asks this in a private message. This is not a reason to bump this thread.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107651

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 2:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I just got a call from AnnMaria De Mars who was incredibly helpful and forthright about all this. In a nuttshell she explained that KG wanted to bring in 60-80 people and have their dojo ranks recognized by USJA; that he wrote a single large check for all his people (for which he later complained to her he was not thanked); that this transaction was pushed by then chief of operations, now president Gary Goltz with the primary goal of stacking the voting process, and a secondary goal of collecting a large number of fees; that she personally objected that she should be outranked by someone who had never won anything, when she had medalled at the olympics; that KG and his people probably did nothing wong; that Nick and the others lkely did not know this was being done; that the background check forms could not be filled out by solely by USJA because they would need to know the SSN's; and that this event and others like it are indeed the reason that she and Coach Pedro resigned last year.

A class act and as straight a shooter as I've ever met

@Fake This might belong in the USJA PB thread, but I put it here because it has bearing on Nick's case.
    I have read through 23 pages of posts believe it or not found the answers I needed. The thing that disturbs me is that there is obviously a false quote here that i questioned. Why was my post deleted?

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 3:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the 8th Dans I have seen in Judo are old as S&^%$. Meaning their supposed "Judo" Skills are long gone. Also from what I have seen in Judo especially USJA it's a time in rank time in grade thing like the military. As with all martial arts as you get older you lose your skills, maybe you don't throw as well anymore or maybe you don't Ne-Waza as well but at some point you were decent and so the trend continues promotions are based on production of quality players and what the orginization feels you gave "Back" to Judo etc. Great example Hal Sharp. 8th Dan Probably couldn't fight a Shodan right now due to his age does it discredit his 8thDan ? Nope..... As far as USJA I was under that orginization but transferred to a school that is under USA Judo.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 5:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I never noticed that before, judoratt, LOL, good one! How about it, Matt?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 6:25am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoratt View Post
    I have read through 23 pages of posts believe it or not found the answers I needed. The thing that disturbs me is that there is obviously a false quote here that i questioned. Why was my post deleted?
    It got moved here:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116004

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 7:46am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoratt View Post
    Post don't get deleted, but they do get moved sometimes. Can you repeat what you said?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 7:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for pointing that out. Yes I see the mistake. I suspect the culprit is too much side conversation about her daughter. FTR I wasn't literally quoting her when I attributed her world championship success to the Olympics. It was sloppy journalism on my part for sure. Thanks for pointing it out

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 7:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, I found the other thread. Just copying my answer to your question here in case you don't see it there:

Quote Originally Posted by me elsewhere
    Thank you for pointing that out. Yes I see the mistake. I suspect the culprit is too much side conversation about her daughter. FTR I wasn't literally quoting her when I attributed her world championship success to the Olympics. It was sloppy journalism on my part for sure. Thanks for pointing it out

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 7:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigchadmark View Post
    All the 8th Dans I have seen in Judo are old as S&^%$. Meaning their supposed "Judo" Skills are long gone. Also from what I have seen in Judo especially USJA it's a time in rank time in grade thing like the military. As with all martial arts as you get older you lose your skills, maybe you don't throw as well anymore or maybe you don't Ne-Waza as well but at some point you were decent and so the trend continues promotions are based on production of quality players and what the orginization feels you gave "Back" to Judo etc. Great example Hal Sharp. 8th Dan Probably couldn't fight a Shodan right now due to his age does it discredit his 8thDan ? Nope..... As far as USJA I was under that orginization but transferred to a school that is under USA Judo.
    Just curious if you brought a Dan grade rank over to USA Judo, and if they fully recognized it.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast