Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/14/2012 4:04pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

2nd Dan Grading - Karate

Well, this looks like Kyokushin to my dodgy eyesight. There are all tougher than me, I'm a soft old b*stard but I really must remember to wear my Sunglasses next time I'm in the dojo (tomorrow morning, God help me).

The moral? Keep going, not matter what happens, keep going.

Enjoy. (Or not).

Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 4/14/2012 4:05pm at . Reason: forgot to provide the link!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2012 7:02pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good vid. I struggle to tell one kd style of karate from another, except maybe Ashihara which allows gi-grabbing and crops up here and there in Manchester.

The kanji on the gis looks similar to what the Shidokan lot have on theirs over here. Again though, could be anything. All Greek to me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2012 7:04pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A Google translate of the Youtube tags sorts everything out though:

Kumite 15 people of the two-stage ascending man with some karate dojo! KARATE BLACK BELT TEST In JAPAN Asceticism Ritual Harsh Karate Two-stage Fierce Happening Intense Dead Senkaku Lynch population Violence Assault Lynch Very true Rechi Full contact AKB48 Itano Nozomi Sasaki Masato Ascent black belt test Kumite 15 people (28 minutes) KARATE 2nd dan Black Belt Examination 15 figh jitsu karate mew mma taekwondo punishment. Test (assessment) Martial Arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 3:18am

Style: TSD, Karate & Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm inclined to agree that it's Kyokushin, mainly based on the emblem on their Gi's and their fighting style.

I have to say, that Nidan (2nd Dan) grading is alot more physically challenging (lets face it, 15 people and the Gi was already ripped within the first few minutes) than alot of other Nidan (2nd) dan gradings from other styles; including Shotokan and kickboxing.

Posted On:
    4/15/2012 9:14am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, the Gi Kanji looked like KK to me hence my assumption. I also noticed his Gi starting to shred...most of mine are as well :-)

I think the number rises to the 30 Man Kumite on the higher grades. As an aside, it also now features in Sensei Gavin Mulholland's Goju Ryu group in London and is articulated in his senior student's book - Goran Powell, "Waking Dragons". Quite a good read.

:-)