Thread: Is This Mcdojo

Style
    Shinkyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is This Mcdojo

for a while now i have this urge to learn martial arts. Mainly for self defence and to get in shape. My friend recommended me to sign up to his dojo (the school teaches Shinkyokushin karate btw) so i did some some studying on this martial art and have been impressed. I took a few classes for free and decided that this a a very good dojo. howerever one we discussed the price, its 150 a month( plus my younger brother is signing up as well) so thats 300 dollars a month. Now before you write this off as a belt factory let me get this straight. my friend as been part of that dojo for 8 years and is currently a brown belt. plus his skill shows that he knows the art. Not to mention the instructor has 25 years of experience in kyokushin karate and is part of the world karate organization in Japan whose current president is Kenji midori so this guy seems legit. we also do sull contact sparring with head gear and gloves so this is a real self defense dojo. plus we do tons of conditioning and the dojo takes part of tournements. so please is this a mcdojo. i have already signed a one year contract

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRandomKid View Post
    for a while now i have this urge to learn martial arts. Mainly for self defence and to get in shape. My friend recommended me to sign up to his dojo (the school teaches Shinkyokushin karate btw) so i did some some studying on this martial art and have been impressed. I took a few classes for free and decided that this a a very good dojo. howerever one we discussed the price, its 150 a month( plus my younger brother is signing up as well) so thats 300 dollars a month. Now before you write this off as a belt factory let me get this straight. my friend as been part of that dojo for 8 years and is currently a brown belt. plus his skill shows that he knows the art. Not to mention the instructor has 25 years of experience in kyokushin karate and is part of the world karate organization in Japan whose current president is Kenji midori so this guy seems legit. we also do sull contact sparring with head gear and gloves so this is a real self defense dojo. plus we do tons of conditioning and the dojo takes part of tournements. so please is this a mcdojo. i have already signed a one year contract
    What the **** are you fucking babbling about your fucking idiot?

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    What the **** are you fucking babbling about your fucking idiot?
    I see what you did there.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BURN!

also read this and make your own decision..http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88851