Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Hockey

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hockey

Any of you fags who think you're too good for sociocide watch hockey ?
    I need another thread to gloat / gripe / exhibit my superior knowledge of the greatest game on earth.
    Yes ?
    No ?
    If not..well. piss on y'all.
    And yes..I've been drinkin

Go Flyers !
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't hockey that game where figure skaters go to die?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was reassured that the Pens were worthy of my love at the end of the first period, then I had to leave the game; I came back with three minutes left in regulation...and my spirit was almost broken. I hope those guys were completely exhausted.

I don't know much about hockey, compared to an actual fan, but I'm learning. If my move to Montréal ever happens, I hope to hit the ground running.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Australia isn't known for its cool climate, so there isn't much hockeying going on down under, I actually like the sport, though. I remember seeing a report on the at-the-time main sports news show where there was a fight in a NHL game, gloves came off, etc. it was the 'play of the day' and the woman at the end of it goes, "we don't condone this type of behaviour". I wrote a letter to the TV station at the time telling them how ignorant it made Australia's premier sports broadcast seem that they didn't know the rules regarding fighting in hockey. I reckon I shamed the hell out of them because I never got a reply.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hockey is amazing. I used to shoot in my backyard, nothing impressive. Playing hockey on the ice is stupid imo, the gear is expensive as ****, plus the cost of playing in general.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish beast View Post
    Hockey is amazing. I used to shoot in my backyard, nothing impressive. Playing hockey on the ice is stupid imo, the gear is expensive as ****, plus the cost of playing in general.
    You sir, are a savage.

I only really watch the Olympic and other international events though, the cup just comes off as a routine excuse to get drunk and be loud in the streets after 10p.m.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by P Marsh View Post
    I only really watch the Olympic and other international events though, the cup just comes off as a routine excuse to get drunk and be loud in the streets after 10p.m.
    As a truly civilized individual, I'm drunk and loud at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by P Marsh View Post
    You sir, are a savage.

Wow..a Calgarian who doesn't watch the NHL regularly..that's unusual.
    Do you watch any of the WJHC games ? Its a pretty good junior league.
    As far as International hockey goes..I love it too. Countries on the rise in the hockey department = Switzerland and Germany.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    I was reassured that the Pens were worthy of my love at the end of the first period, then I had to leave the game; I came back with three minutes left in regulation...and my spirit was almost broken. I hope those guys were completely exhausted.

I don't know much about hockey, compared to an actual fan, but I'm learning. If my move to Montréal ever happens, I hope to hit the ground running.
    Hockey is like religion in Montreal..its a great place to go to a game.
    Last night's game was incredible. People are blaming Fleury, but its not just his fault, when you blow a 3-goal lead and then lose the OT as well- its an overall team failure.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish beast View Post
    That's one of the funniest things I've read in a while.
    Ice hockey is expensive though, no doubt about it. Especially if your kid is a goalie like me.

I played competitively until I was 16, Made it to AA level , then stopped for a few years. I play in a rec league now.
    I play road hockey semi-regularly with the kids in my neighborhood, its a lot of fun.

This is one of the earliest images of hockey I can remember seeing as a child.
    Its Maurice ' Rocket' Richard of the Montreal Canadiens shaking hands with 'Sugar' Jim Henry, the Boston Bruins goalie, after scoring the OT Cup-winning goal on him.
    I remember looking at that picture in a book when I was about 6 yrs old and thinking " Holy Jeez..these guys come out of the game against each other all beat up like that and then shake hands ? What a cool sport !"
    Thus began my love for the game of hockey.
    Last edited by OZZ; 4/12/2012 8:13pm at .

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last