Style
    MMA/Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

One standard uniform

Hello again,

I have a question about uniforms; I seem to be at the point in my life where I`m gonna be drifting schools for the next while. However I have a feeling that any new instructor I come across is gonna want me to buy their uniforms- at least around my area I've come across this a couple of times.

So what i want to do is find one standard uniform that I can transfer to the various classes I end up going to. My question is: Are there any threads on this site that talk about traditional krotty/tkd style uniform brands? If not does anyone know of a good brand I could take a look at?
    -Thanks in advance

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What exact styles are you looking to get into? Krotty/TKD uniforms are similar and BJJ/Judo gis are similar. Give us some more info please.

Style
    Grappling/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you say drifting, do you mean within Sarnia? Or through South Ontario?

Style
    MMA/Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well This summer, I`m going to London, ON. Then after summer it`s back to Sarnia (I won`t be able to go back to my gym though, cos it`s too far out of the way) then during next summer it`s possible I`m gonna be living in places like Calgary- so over the next year or so I`ll mostly be in sarnia, but I`m not exactly sure myself where I`ll be going yet.

As for the uniform styles, I was thinking mainly striking arts, such as krotty, Tang soo do, kung fu etc.-Thing is I don`t exactly know what type of arts I`ll be taking. However based on past history I`m more likely to go into striking arts.
    Last edited by Heydawg; 4/11/2012 8:36am at . Reason: Forgot some words

Style
    WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get a gi, probably a white gi. Most places will accept that, especially if you are transient. If you do kung fu, many schools train with gi bottoms (usually black) and a t-shirt. In that case, again most instructors won't care if you have white gi pants instead, since you aren't going to be around for very long.

Style
    MMA/Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, I`ll take that into consideration when I go gi shopping next. After finding the one standard uniform I'm gonna look into gyms using the guidelines posted in the newbietown forum :P.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I was going to say light, white judo gi. Just saying.

Style
    Judo, Jujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with Omega. A light white judo gi can pass pretty much as a karate uniform in style. And it'll give you the option of doing some grappling if you choose to. And as SifuJason said, the white gi pants will probably pass in most kung fu schools too.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Style
    MMA/Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    right grappling uniforms are thicker aren`t they? Hmm.. How about brand names? Are there any company names that produce better gi's than other companies? Any to look out for or does it really matter much?