Posted On:
    4/12/2012 9:48am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    So... about your last AD&D game?
    I decided that if I were going to play the game I was going to play it the way it was meant to be played.......um, yeah.

Anyway I was invited into a game where there were 8 of us and we spent 2 days creating our character. I decided to be the groups thief. So after we got done rolling I was left with an 18. I decided to dump it into charisma. Everybody thought I was crazy. I had already consulted the DM about this. So everybody thought I was going to play the whole neutral evil, neutral, or something that let me walk the grey line. Nah, went completely chaotic evil.

So the adventure goes on for 4 days total (Over two weekends). On the third day we were in the typical dungeon area of a giants' castle (we started all our characters off at 5th level to make it a bit easier). At this point most of the party was pissed off because I kept stealing their stuff and kept running away from skirmishes.

Usually it went something like "Where did my stuff go? It must've been the thief!".

"No I didn't", as I turn to the DM "Have them do a savings throw vs my charisma". Only one person every managed to roll high enough. At that point I said "You actually gave this to me", roll failed. Yeah, they were pissed.

Anyway, on the third day in the castle's dungeon we approached a door. They all turned to me and told me to check for traps. I said nah, I'll just open the door. I love watching nerds squirm. So I look in and this raging beast (I can't remember what it was) was charging at me. I closed the door. I looked over at the barbarian "Hey barbarian, take a look at this".

The guy controlling the barbarian was angry and was like hell know. I pointed out nobody saw the creature except me and the DM made his do (you guessed it) a charisma vs intelligence roll. Fail. So the barbarian looks in, the creature attacked the barbarian, the creature got a critical and we lost the barbarian.

Well long story short these machinations continue until the fourth day where the DM finally got tired of everybody was whining that they didn't want me in the campaign anymore. Rather than pick sides he tried to end the campaign early by trapping us in a room with a red dragon. (insert all the bitching here) As usual I hid while the others fought. That battled only lasted 5 turns. It wasn't pretty. So the dragon found me and I tried to talk my way out of it. Charisma vs dragon.....yeah, no contest, so me and the 5th level thief were going to fight.

All I had on me was a quiver of +1 arrows. So I shot one at him, critical. The DM told me to roll again, critical. 4 more critical rolls later I finally rolled a non critical. The DM checked his critical chart and....well the only thing we could figure out was that it went into his eye and rebounded around his skull about a dozen times....sooooo, yeah, I'm a dick as a nerd too.

You know this story is much better when I tell it in person.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 9:52am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I was a real bastard in D&D too.
    love it!!

We should all start a PBEM campaign, I haven't had a good game in years!

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 10:01am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LMFAO!
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 5:19pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharabus View Post
    love it!!

We should all start a PBEM campaign, I haven't had a good game in years!
    I always wanted to do one of those just never found anyone willing.

WOW=the death of face to face RPGing

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2012 12:11pm

Style: MARS, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, that's fucking funny, I'm so being a dick for my next D and D game.

WOW fucking sucks, it's like having a job, not laying a game, IMO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 3:58pm

Style: Noob-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Damnit AXPickle beat me to Neuromancer...The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel....That & Burning Chrome plus Blade Runner pretty much helped to create the Cyber Punk genre---> which led to Cyberpunk the RPG (I had almost forgotten about that one.)
    Damn, beat me to it! I was full time GM/DM for Cyberpunk. I've still got every 2013 and 2020 book they made gathering dust on my shelf....right next to the 300 pounds of 2nd ed. Forgotten Realms books. There any love for Car Wars in this geekfest?

Oh, and I'll just post this here....

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...WfTC5w&cad=rja
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456