224866 Bullies, 3130 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 81 to 90 of 104
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,975

    Posted On:
    4/10/2012 5:15pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    IIF I only disagree with 1 thing you said. You stated guns accidentally going off... Ok this is a semantic and maybe more of a personl position but there is no such thing as an ACCIDENTAL discharge of a firearm there is only a NEGLIGENT discharge, due to peoples stupidity, lack of training, or just plain lack of respect for the weapon and its capabilities. Example see Bneterasedmynams comment about Im little trained but can shoot to good effect.
    What thread are you talking about?
  2. downtime is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    187

    Posted On:
    4/10/2012 9:37pm


     Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    What thread are you talking about?
    My apologies, I was refering to post Number 30 in Boby's spoiler with in this one. So I believe it was Boby that made that statement. It apears again in post #32 in the spoiler again. So my spologies for attributing that to you.
  3. downtime is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    187

    Posted On:
    4/10/2012 9:51pm


     Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Your argument is 100% strawman. It goes on a theory that you know how someone will react to stress or fear. Everyone is different in that respect. I have no desire to ever have to use a firearm to defend myself, but if that point does arise I will not hesitate regardless of YOUR opinion. I'm not a bad aim, but yes my aim might be off in an attack, but then again it might not, that's the unknown life gives us. Oh and here's how worried I am about having to use a gun, I don't even currently own one.
    Where in that did I state you wouldnt be willing to pull the trigger? More to the point I think you'd pull it with out making all the split second decisions that are invlolved with effectively using firearms. Sure I bet your willing to pull it but are you capable in the alloted time given. And another thing it's a proven fact that under duress and elevated stress, fine motorskills decrease greatly..Thats why "Effective" shooters drill these things repeatedly, much like a BJJ practitional drills arm bars endlessly over the course of years of training...Its to create muscle memory....
  4. Diesel_tke is offline
    Diesel_tke's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,006

    Posted On:
    4/10/2012 10:40pm

    supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Willing to pull a trigger and able to pull it are two very different things.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  5. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,115

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 8:25am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Where in that did I state you wouldnt be willing to pull the trigger? More to the point I think you'd pull it with out making all the split second decisions that are invlolved with effectively using firearms. Sure I bet your willing to pull it but are you capable in the alloted time given. And another thing it's a proven fact that under duress and elevated stress, fine motorskills decrease greatly..Thats why "Effective" shooters drill these things repeatedly, much like a BJJ practitional drills arm bars endlessly over the course of years of training...Its to create muscle memory....
    I can see you're still wanting to talk out of your ass. Your entire statement is based completely on your own personal opinion. You have no way of knowing how someone you do not even know would react to adrenalin or high stress. And don't lecture me on the purpose of drilling a technique you asshat, I am well aware of the purpose of training. There are a million variables when it comes to defense that go well beyond training or stress management. And How do you possibly think that if stress causes someone to fail at weapon use that they would in any way be able to function without a weapon?? There is a reason that every military organization for the last 10000 years has used weapons, it's because they work.
  6. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,115

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 8:27am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Willing to pull a trigger and able to pull it are two very different things.
    Are you really going to fall into that strawman argument??
  7. Diesel_tke is offline
    Diesel_tke's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,006

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 8:57am

    supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I can see you're still wanting to talk out of your ass. Your entire statement is based completely on your own personal opinion. You have no way of knowing how someone you do not even know would react to adrenalin or high stress.
    Well, you can educate us then. Because I know how I react to that situation, because I have been in it many times. So have you ever been in this type of situation that we are talking about? Or have you trained for it? If not, then you are the one talking out of your ass.

    And don't lecture me on the purpose of drilling a technique you asshat, I am well aware of the purpose of training. There are a million variables when it comes to defense that go well beyond training or stress management.
    If you know the purpose of training then you know that the point is to take those millions of variable and trim them down into the lest amount as possible, by learning to control and counter the ones that you can address.

    And How do you possibly think that if stress causes someone to fail at weapon use that they would in any way be able to function without a weapon??
    Because weapon use(guns) involve fine motor control, whereas kickboxing for example uses gross motor movements. So, if you have not trained to react appropriately to the stress, you could be able to still defend yourself with your hands through gross motor movments.

    There is a reason that every military organization for the last 10000 years has used weapons, it's because they work.
    What is your experience with military training and methodology? I think that here you are talking out of your ass again.

    Are you really going to fall into that strawman argument??
    I wasn't talking to you, idiot. See how I use quotes and stuff? That is for when I am replying to someone but not right behind their post. So **** off, since you have nothing to add.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  8. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,115

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 9:15am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Well, you can educate us then. Because I know how I react to that situation, because I have been in it many times. So have you ever been in this type of situation that we are talking about? Or have you trained for it? If not, then you are the one talking out of your ass.



    If you know the purpose of training then you know that the point is to take those millions of variable and trim them down into the lest amount as possible, by learning to control and counter the ones that you can address.



    Because weapon use(guns) involve fine motor control, whereas kickboxing for example uses gross motor movements. So, if you have not trained to react appropriately to the stress, you could be able to still defend yourself with your hands through gross motor movments.



    What is your experience with military training and methodology? I think that here you are talking out of your ass again.



    I wasn't talking to you, idiot. See how I use quotes and stuff? That is for when I am replying to someone but not right behind their post. So **** off, since you have nothing to add.
    If your talking about a situation where someone has attacked me with a weapon than yes I do know how I did in fact respond. Your opinion however that it takes specialized training to use a weapon effectively is bullshit. Just thumb through the martial arts in the news forum, there are plenty of examples of people using weapons pretty damn effectively with little to no training.

    That post wasn't in response to me?? Well my bad, but the was no quoted response with it so I assumed on that one.

    Also I am not in anyway saying that training will not make a person better, but the better the weapon the less training will be needed to make it lethal.

    What is my experience in military training and methods?? Seriously?? I was not aware I needed it to point out that the army uses guns, the Romans used swords and etc. etc. What the **** training would I need to point that out??
    Last edited by Bneterasedmynam; 4/11/2012 9:40am at .
  9. Diesel_tke is offline
    Diesel_tke's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,006

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 9:41am

    supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you even seen someone pick up an AR-15, who has never fired one before? Do they know how to use it? No they don't. That is a better weapon that can not be used well without some basic training.

    A .38 revolver, yeah, pretty easy. An automatic, starts getting more difficult. To say that you don't need any training to use one...sounds like you are defending your position, just for the sake of it.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  10. Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs is offline
    Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs's Avatar

    fist first Philosopher

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sanctuary of Pallas Athena (Belgium)
    Posts
    2,653

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 10:00am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    ...Also I am not in anyway saying that training will not make a person better, but the better the weapon the less training will be needed to make it lethal...
    ??? WTF

    The first time I picked up a FN FAL, I really didn't know what to do and I had at that time several hours of indoor/outdoor/targetscenario range firing with the FN GP (Browning Hi-Power).

    Most of the time it's "how better the weapon, how more training you need to use it effectively and make it deadly".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.