Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 8:25pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We do have more successful murders because of firearms. If you want to compare stats like that, though, we get FAR fewer cases of armed robbery, home invasion and rape. Per capita, of course.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 8:49pm

Style: Kyokushin, BJJ, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    We do have more successful murders because of firearms. If you want to compare stats like that, though, we get FAR fewer cases of armed robbery, home invasion and rape. Per capita, of course.
    The rates for violent victimization are modest for the US and compare equally with many western countries. I wouldn't say far fewer, but definitely not more than many other places. It also depends on the source of info. Some sources find rates of crime in comparable US cities to be 2-3x higher than Canadian cities, for example. And this includes robbery and rape and other violent crime.

For the international survey, out of 15 industrial countries the top three for overall criminal victimization are Ireland, England/Wales, and New Zealand. The US comes in 12th.

:)

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 12:23am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Prisons do not allow weapons yet it doesn't stop the inmates from killing each other with weapons they make out of everthing from food products to paper.
    In spite of the massive bloated criminal justice system's propensity for sucking in a huge percentage (by world standards) of the populace, some of the people should actually be there... ...because...wait.....they're violent.

And they're only using shivs and sharpened toothbrushes or whatever when **** goes down b/c they can't get guns. If they had guns....better yet guns with silencers, they'd be good to go.

I say give them skittles, and let them fight it out. D3adly.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 8:16am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Prisons do not allow weapons yet it doesn't stop the inmates from killing each other with weapons they make out of everthing from food products to paper. It's not like Zimmerman had an RPG. My point was Zimmerman could have used a steak knife to accomplish the same goal, so attacking the weapon is just a hippie liberal response.
    This is a very bad comparison. Because you are talking about people where a lot of them have a predisposition to violence, have already commited murder, and a lot of them have life sentences with nothing to lose.

You can not compare the inmate population to the rest of the population.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 12:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    This is a very bad comparison. Because you are talking about people where a lot of them have a predisposition to violence, have already commited murder, and a lot of them have life sentences with nothing to lose.

You can not compare the inmate population to the rest of the population.
    I was not in fact comparing inmates to the general population, but rather using an example to make a point. Don't blame me if that point went over your head.

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 1:01pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was not in fact comparing inmates to the general population, but rather using an example to make a point. Don't blame me if that point went over your head.
    Your premises didn't support your conclusion; therefore, you are at fault for the confusion you caused.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 1:02pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Inmates compared to the general population. Prisons compared to the free world. It didn't go bayond my head, it was ignorant.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 1:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Inmates compared to the general population. Prisons compared to the free world. It didn't go bayond my head, it was ignorant.
    It obviously did go BEYOND your head, if that was the only conclusion you came out with.

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 1:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Your premises didn't support your conclusion; therefore, you are at fault for the confusion you caused.
    My only conclusion was that if someone wants to murder someone badly enough they will find a way gun or not. In that context I cited a location that does not allow any weapons to show that the lack of access to weapons does in fact not stop the violence. I would say that supports my conclusion pretty well. My further point is to blame the man not the machine, something the liberal hippies can not seem to do. They seem to think that if you ban every possible means of violence, then said violence will stop. Which is bullshit. Hell England has banned everything except sticks and stones, yet there are still murders and violent crimes. Maybe if they get rid of the sticks and rocks too then they will be safe huh??

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 1:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My only conclusion was that if someone wants to murder someone badly enough they will find a way gun or not. In that context I cited a location that does not allow any weapons to show that the lack of access to weapons does in fact not stop the violence. I would say that supports my conclusion pretty well. My further point is to blame the man not the machine, something the liberal hippies can not seem to do. They seem to think that if you ban every possible means of violence, then said violence will stop. Which is bullshit. Hell England has banned everything except sticks and stones, yet there are still murders and violent crimes. Maybe if they get rid of the sticks and rocks too then they will be safe huh??
    Good lord you are a fucking idiot. Also, I do not understand why you, a liberal hippie, are trying to insult other liberal hippies.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast