221391 Bullies, 3783 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 104
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,033

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 10:17am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Have you even seen someone pick up an AR-15, who has never fired one before? Do they know how to use it? No they don't. That is a better weapon that can not be used well without some basic training.

    A .38 revolver, yeah, pretty easy. An automatic, starts getting more difficult. To say that you don't need any training to use one...sounds like you are defending your position, just for the sake of it.
    Ok I'll bite on this one, sure it may take a little time to learn to fire an AR-15, although I never really needed very much time to figure out automatics. But it still takes way more time to train in hand to hand combat and get a high level of effect. Pick up a gun and you have an easy way to kill. It's takes far more effort to do the same with your hands. Isn't this one of the main reasons firearms replaced swords and spears on the battlefield?? Because it took less time to train?? Correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

    Look I would just love to believe that there is some real relevance to unarmed training past the fun factor, and that weapons are not always needed, but I live in reality where that kind of thinking can get someone hurt.
  2. Diesel_tke is offline
    Diesel_tke's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,014

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 10:21am

    supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Ok I'll bite on this one, sure it may take a little time to learn to fire an AR-15, although I never really needed very much time to figure out automatics. But it still takes way more time to train in hand to hand combat and get a high level of effect. Pick up a gun and you have an easy way to kill. It's takes far more effort to do the same with your hands. Isn't this one of the main reasons firearms replaced swords and spears on the battlefield?? Because it took less time to train?? Correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

    Look I would just love to believe that there is some real relevance to unarmed training past the fun factor, and that weapons are not always needed, but I live in reality where that kind of thinking can get someone hurt.
    Well, if you only train weapons, you will be assuming that you are always going to have one, or be in a place that has allows them. I tend to not assume, and thus prepare for all ranges. But to each their own.

    I personally train, knife, stick, firearms, striking, and grappling. What do you train? I don't see it listed on your profile.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  3. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,033

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 10:45am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Well, if you only train weapons, you will be assuming that you are always going to have one, or be in a place that has allows them. I tend to not assume, and thus prepare for all ranges. But to each their own.

    I personally train, knife, stick, firearms, striking, and grappling. What do you train? I don't see it listed on your profile.
    I was in the process of updating it, but never got around to it. My former arts were judo, tkd, jkd, and some BJJ crappling. Currently I have taken up krotty. I have also done a good amount of HEMA, but I suck at it so it doesn't count. For that matter some of the others don't either lol. I have done the whole jack of all trades, but master of none. Hense why I was updating.
  4. Auszi is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    432

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 11:05am


     Style: BJJ Beginner

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Ok I'll bite on this one, sure it may take a little time to learn to fire an AR-15, although I never really needed very much time to figure out automatics. But it still takes way more time to train in hand to hand combat and get a high level of effect. Pick up a gun and you have an easy way to kill. It's takes far more effort to do the same with your hands. Isn't this one of the main reasons firearms replaced swords and spears on the battlefield?? Because it took less time to train?? Correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

    .
    Doesn't that support the previous argument for banning guns because of their effectiveness for causing harm compared to other weapons?
  5. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,520

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 11:13am

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bnet, do you carry a handgun everywhere?
  6. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,033

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 12:00pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Bnet, do you carry a handgun everywhere?
    No carry of any kind is illegal in Illinois, plus I don't own a gun. I think I already know where this is heading lol.
  7. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,033

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 12:18pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    Doesn't that support the previous argument for banning guns because of their effectiveness for causing harm compared to other weapons?
    Yes the same way it argues for self defense applications.

    Since the war on drugs has worked so well, and prohibition worked great, in sure a ban on guns would go smoothly.
    Just answer me this though, how do you get the few zillion guns already on the streets?? And how do you ensure that victimization doesn't increase?? Will the gun store owners just give the government their paid for property and go out of business?? And will the line be drawn at guns?? Or will everything be outlawed like England?? Let's not forget too that our economy sucks ass so the cops are getting laid off all over. There are a couple towns near me that decided instead of raising their taxes, they would just fire their police force. I'm not sure about the other states but our prisons here are overcrowded and they keep letting the inmates out to make room.

    So then to summarize we will have no cops, all the prisons will close, and you want to ban guns?? Yeah that's a great idea.
  8. Auszi is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    432

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 12:37pm


     Style: BJJ Beginner

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Today logical fallacies are going cheap, get them while they last.
    So then to summarize we will have no cops, all the prisons will close, and you want to ban guns?? Yeah that's a great idea
    Do you read back to yourself what you write? and when have I stated my opinion on this thread?

    It just looks like your arguing against yourself sometimes.
  9. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,033

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 12:52pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    Do you read back to yourself what you write? and when have I stated my opinion on this thread?

    It just looks like your arguing against yourself sometimes.
    Sometimes?? I argue against myself all the time, it saves IIF the effort.
  10. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,033

    Posted On:
    4/11/2012 12:58pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    Doesn't that support the previous argument for banning guns because of their effectiveness for causing harm compared to other weapons?
    Making a statement like this gives the appearance of stating an opinion.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.