Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 8:13pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKenner View Post
    Apparently this kid has social anxiety disorder, and Lang taught him BJJ and he feels better about himself now. I don't think he's screwing anyone over, he just seems not to know. I mean earning his BB in three years would put him in phenom category next to BJ Penn. The fact that he calls Lang a Grand Master makes me want to puke.
    Social anxiety disorder, I'm thinking more along the lines of Delusional Disorder; he's definitely troubled. If his martial arts were half as good as his delusional bullshit, he'd be a real bad ass. I hope he didn't hurt his arm with all that patting himself on the back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 8:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. I award belts under my own name (Mystic Dragon) only and instruction is specific to no gi with no mats for self defense. As such, my curriculum includes muscle tears as well as the more traditional BJJ joint locks.
    wait what? Is muscle tears a move where you roll around screaming in agony until the opponent runs in fear?

2. While I have sprinkled some of the Judo Jiu Jitsu passed down by Grand Master David Lang into my teachings, I have even more much more heavily incorporated Shaolin Eagle Claw Chin Na into my BJJ curriculum. While BJJ is the most effective martial art in the world, there is no time to rest on laurels and stop evolving. My students will benefit from my travels and BJJ curriculum evolution.
    OK, I'll bite, but I am skeptical about martial arts that work on "pressure points" in actual combat.

3. I also weave my personal philosophy into my BJJ curriculum. If you don't want to learn important life lessons on humility, integrity, compassion and awareness of Social Anxiety Disorder, don't waste your time contacting me.
    I'm fine with mentioning skills as a life coach, but that should take a back seat to training.

4. I will not hold you back or slow your progress through redundant drilling of techniques. While you may not be the phenom I was, there is no reason why it should take more than 4-5 years maximum to master the art and earn your black belt.
    belt factory, although slower than other factories, 4 years for even brown is rare correct?

5. I don't teach classes, only one-on-one private lessons. There aren't enough people in Alliance, Nebraska to justify classes and I do have legitimate fears my Social Anxiety Disorder could reappear anyway but, more importantly, you learn more through intensive and customized one-on-one tutelage than being just a number in a big classroom setting.
    Occasional private lessons are fine, but only that? Rolling with only 1 person seems legit, especially if there are no mats since real self defense doesn't use mats. Hell with this he could just come right to your house and you can train, screw gyms!

I do not use mats but I have padded carpet in my basement in case you do not want to host the lessons. You will be responsible for providing a third party when working submissions. The third party will be responsible for ensuring the tap is quickly acknowledged by the victor as this will eliminate any possible loss of consciousness or damaging ligament tears or bone breaks. While I believe I have mostly overcome my Social Anxiety Disorder, I fear I can still hold a choke or knee bar too long "in the heat of battle."
    Oh **** he DOES just come over to your house. Matt Foley, motivational speaker, comes to mind.

I will expel any students instantly if they ever 'dojo storm' another BJJ school
    Is that actually a thing? Does karate kid type rivalry actually happen???

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 9:22pm

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AXPickle View Post
    Oh **** he DOES just come over to your house. Matt Foley, motivational speaker, comes to mind.
    .snip.
    Is that actually a thing? Does karate kid type rivalry actually happen???
    hahaha I just watched that SNL episode. Hilarious.

As for the 'dojo storming' im thinking this is the poor anxiety disorder guys attempt at saying 'please do NOT double check my training anywhere else or my SAD which makes me choke people will come back'.

I think my fav is how he states 'you must bring your own 3d party' otherwise he might no let go of the subs and you could die!

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 9:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly I feel bad for him the kids been duped and doesn't know any better.

Although his "I'm a phenom" attitude is annoying. I bet it's because he caught that lying pos and Lang claimed he was a phenom instead of admitting he wasn't a black belt.

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 9:58pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So is someone looking to burst the kids bubble or are we just going to accept that a person with admitted mental conditions is advertising to teach people BJJ and Chin Na, neither of which it seems he is qualified to teach?

I mean, I'd do it, but I have been known to be a tad harsh sometimes.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 10:17pm

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well i was reading all of this while thouroughly amused thinking he was a troll until i read his BIO on being supah awesome because Lang stopped subbing him after 8 months . . .. poor guy doesnt even know that GRAND'master' Lang did not in ANY way begin him on his path of martial art enlightenment.

To me it seems like a LARPer got duped into training with Lang and did not know enough o realize that just because he watched enough UFC to put him in a choke or joint lock a FEW times when he didnt know anything DOES NOT IN ANY FU**ING way = training with a bjj black belt. AND IT CERTAINLY doesnt make HIM a black belt.

from his section on 'EARNING YOUR BLACK BELT'
    "While you may not be the phenom I was (I earned my black belt in just over 3 years), there is no reason why it should take more than 4-5 years maximum to master the art and earn your black belt. "
    HAHAHA i do not know where to begin with how wrong that is.
    The fact that he is saying he is better than or equal to the likes of BJ Penn?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 10:59pm

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah it's going to be like kicking a puppy.

The low point came my senior year of high school. I had gone to pick up my youngest brother from day care. I got to the school and heard the fire alarm. I completely panicked. I bullrushed through the center to my brother’s room, scooped him up, rushed him out to the car and raced him straight home. I thought I was a hero.

When I got home however, my mother informed me that the daycare center did not want me on their premises anymore. One of my parents would have to do pickups from then on. It was a fire drill. Not only did I panic but I violently bowled over several children and two teachers in my mad dash in and out of the center. (I weighed about 220 lbs at the time and today I am 245 lbs.) I cost my family several thousand dollars in medical bills for the damage I had inflicted. That cost, however, paled in comparison to the shame I had brought on them and the ensuing apologies that had to be made.

If the shame wasn’t bad enough, word of my poor judgment spread like wildfire at my school. Even the teachers joined in on the teasing. I was bullied a lot and always felt physically threatened. I was absolutely miserable. I thought things could never get better and I seriously contemplated suicide.
    He really seems quite sincere but deluded. If someone emails him with the most verifiable and salient points regarding Lang he might be open to listening. You can tell he is very proud of his 'achievements'. I shudder to think about the fallout for him personally if he accepts he has been misled.

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 11:14pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to email him and be on my best behaviour.

Posted On:
    4/13/2012 12:20am

forum leader

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, so this is what I sent today. I hope it isn't too in your face, but it is very possible that this guy already knows about the issues surrounding his belt.

[QUOTE]Hi Ryan,

I am writing to you from Australia, I am a member of www.bullshido.net, one of the world’s leading martial arts websites. Your name was raised in a thread recently in connection with David Lang and Wallid Ismael, of which you claim lineage. A member of Bullshido found your website, possibly while searching for BJJ in your area.

Bullshido acts as a consumer advisory network in the notoriously unregulated world of martial arts. Bullshido investigates fraudulent claims in the martial arts, investigations are held to a high standard of evidence, especially in MABS (the investigation forum on the website) and the investigations can result in fraudulent claims being outed and immortalised on Bullshido.

The instructor of which you claim to have been awarded your black belt, David Lang, has fraudulently claimed he was awarded his black belt from Wallid Ismail. I have included the link to the video Wallid recorded denying he awarded the belt:

I have included the thread on Bullshido regarding David Lang, there is also a massive thread about David on another website, the UG which I haven't submitted:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=102118&page=1

While this may come as a shock to you, this would unfortunately mean that your black belt in BJJ is illegitimate, if David is the only one from whom you have learnt. Bullshido and many of its members recognize that it is possible that you may have been misinformed, or even lied to and if that is the case, it is a travesty. It would seem David has lied about other credentials as well. We sincerely hope you continue your martial arts journey with someone who is not inclined to lie and fake credentials in order to bolster his business and/or reputation.

Unfortunately, this also means that your website is somewhat inaccurately describing you and your credentials, as BJJ places an emphasis on lineage and accurately portrayed rank. In light of the above information, would you be willing to adjust your claims to a BJJ black belt on your website?

Is there anyone else in the BJJ/martial arts community that could verify your current level of expertise? You could, indeed, be a phenom and at a BJJ black belt level, a legitimate BJJ Black Belt would be the best judge of that.

Bullshido is not “out to get” anyone, we are a community of martial artists of varying rank and skill level in a variety of styles who would like to see legitimate martial artists not have to compete with charlatans and fraudsters for business.

I must warn you that at the moment the query about your belt is in bullshido’s YMAS forum, which allows people to be extremely harsh to each other on the topic of martial arts. If you would like to visit this thread, please do so here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115940

Please understand that at the moment this is NOT AN INVESTIGATION OR AN ATTACK ON YOU. We don’t need to investigate your credentials, at the moment, as we already know David Lang is a liar about his of which you claim descent. It would behoove of you, however, to update your website in light of the above information so as to not be fraudulently representing yourself.

Regards,

S. Fields

13/4/12/QUOTE]

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2012 4:45am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That seems pretty fair, nice of you to warn him about the environment here, unfortunately I think a lot of people wander in and don't realise that a lot of it is superficial and if they ask sincere questions they will get a sincere answer. Though, once the ego ball is rolling downhill it's usually too late.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast