Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 2:14am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fake BJJ black belt in Nebraska

I originally posted this on Sherdog and someone suggested I post it on here as well. Anyway, I Googled “fake BJJ black belt David Lang” the other night, and found this guy, “master” Ryan Franklin (he claims he earned his "black belt" in just over 3 years) teaching BJJ in Alliance, Nebraska. He offers private lessons for $20/hour. Not a bad deal, if it wasn’t for the fact that he’s a fake black belt under another infamous fake BJJ black belt; David Lang. For those who may remember, Lang falsely claimed to be a black belt under Wallid Ismail. Ismail has never promoted anyone to black belt and publicly denounced Lang in a video.

Unfortunately, since this is my first posting on here, I’m not allowed to post links, but if you Google this guy’s school “Mystic Dragon BJJ” or go to my posting on Sherdog also titled “Fake BJJ black belt in Nebraska”, you‘ll find links to the guy’s site and advertisement for lessons.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 3:27am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the thread about David Lang

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=102118&page=1

Has anyone approached this guy about his lineage? Does he know his master is a fake?
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 7:08am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    20 bucks an hour? Don't people normally charge by the month?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 11:38am

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, if only that would be true.

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 1:44pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinlolwut View Post
    20 bucks an hour? Don't people normally charge by the month?
    Private lessons are usually charged by the hour. Read it again.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 2:59pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Does he know his master is a fake?
    So many of them have no idea. Too bad for many, they dedicate time and effort to train in some system that is all fail.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 5:27pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    So many of them have no idea. Too bad for many, they dedicate time and effort to train in some system that is all fail.
    Did you read his website... it is really, really sad.

Here's the link: http://mysticdragonbjj.webs.com/

On his lineage and training:
    My name is Ryan Franklin and I am a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt whose BJJ experience has forever changed my life. I earned my black belt in just over 3 years under Grand Master David Lang, himself a black belt under Wallid Ismail who was belted by Carlson Gracie of the famous founding Gracie family.
    Within 8 months, I had made myself nearly unsubmittable even if I did not yet possess the skills to submit him.
    That would all change after just over 3 years of instruction when I sunk a deep choke on the grand master. He refused to tap* and after I helped revive him, he awarded me my black belt just as he had promised.
    You can trust me. I have a fantastic lineage, I lay everything out on this website and I'm not doing this for the money.
    Oh boy:
    They were all true martial arts experts who had studied Kung Fu for a minimum of 40 years each and they were highly skilled and surprisingly strong for their size and advanced ages. My feigned respect for their Kung Fu striking led them to also share some Shaolin Eagle Claw Chin Na which expanded my ground game a bit. Of course, I also eagerly taught them some BJJ moves and this was when I realized I had found my true calling: to teach self defense grappling.

I sparred frequently with the Shaolin monks (we only went about 90% on each other) and they were quite impressed that I won about two thirds of the matches. (I was even more impressed personally since I had never rolled with anyone besides David Lang before.)
    On his teaching:
    I will not hold you back or slow your progress through redundant drilling of techniques. While you may not be the phenom I was, there is no reason why it should take more than 4-5 years maximum to master the art and earn your black belt.
    Saving on gym leases, mats, web design and hosting, etc makes it more affordable.
    Rolling with no mats....?

On why Lang ain't teaching:
    Unfortunately, langmma.com is no longer around as I don't believe the Grand Master could afford to continue practicing his craft with his reasonable prices and significant gym overhead.
    Apparently this kid has social anxiety disorder, and Lang taught him BJJ and he feels better about himself now. I don't think he's screwing anyone over, he just seems not to know. I mean earning his BB in three years would put him in phenom category next to BJ Penn. The fact that he calls Lang a Grand Master makes me want to puke.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 5:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah after reading that website it felt like a huge troll or a troubled young man.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 6:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yeah after reading that website it felt like a huge troll or a troubled young man.
    I'd guess the latter. That is a very awkward and sad website to read.

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 8:02pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like him, he seems on the level, what with him warning us that legitimate instructors who hold classes are only in it for the money.

Remember people, you only need to roll against the same person over and over again to become better at BJJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast