Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 1:30am

Style: judo, -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex you don't have a thin skin, I left a few gyms where I didn't feel ok myself. And there's nothing worse than a bunch of 'look I'm an MMA fighter, worship me' dipshits. I'm not talking about all guys who train it, just those who won a match and a sandwich in some bar organised event no one heard about, and think they hold god by the balls.

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 1:47am

Style: Regretfully, TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, on one instance they seem to be trying to look out for you. I guess to become more open and sociable as them.

On the other hand they need to learn to let things go. Especially when it comes to issues of rape. That sort of idea or opinion of rape should not be brought up in class. It's crude and just down right ignorant.

As for they're making jokes about you, it was probably to get a rise out of you. Probably to get you more aggressive. Better ways to handle it. If anything you should have just said "Guys, lay the **** off! Not funny anymore." In situations like those, that type of reaction usually gets them to stop. They weren't in the right either way but just how some guys operate. I've had it happen to me in groups or being bullied as a kid, and usually that was the solution.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 2:45am

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by P Marsh View Post
    Your (ex)gym seems to have come under a cult of personality that transformed all of your clubmates into bros. Just thank god you got out before the poppped-collar gis and beer pong warmups.
    this.
    now I'm from the more snobbish part of the hemisphere but what the ****?
    rape jokes with a woman present? - even without a woman present, by a person of authority, but anyway.
    29 and 25 year old instructors giving life lessons?

**** them find another place.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 2:48am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, it sounds like the instructors are kind of douches. If they're douches who offer training of a level above and beyond what else is available to you, it might be worth it to endure their douchiness. But chances are, unless you live in Bumblefuck Nowhere, you can find someone else who teaches blue belt level BJJ in a more enjoyable atmosphere.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 3:38am

Style: judo, -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and make sure that you become a famous writer. That will show them to mess with g33ks. What are you writing about? Your first book? As a dedicated reader and pamphletes writer I'm all ears.

Yes, if I wanted some idiot who doesn't have a clue telling me what to do and how to live I'd be a christian or muslim or jew or whatever. If you have a feeling that you go to church instead to train something's wrong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 3:44am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha, I'd like to become a famous writer but I think I'm a ways from that. This is the first attempt at a serious, publishable novel. We'll see.

Opinions are very appreciated guys. Thanks.

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 3:57am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You were right to leave, and you should be more confident about it. An occasional “Am I full of ****?” check can be quite healthy, but here's what you should ask yourself instead: “Why should I put up with that bullshit? Why should [the woman in the class] have to put up with rape jokes?” As has been said already, neither of you have to put up with it.

Generic Life Lesson: If someone wants you to feel obligated to accept their abuse, don't abide their manipulation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 8:38am

Style: MMA/JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't train there.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 8:51am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Kincaid View Post
    I think they can snowball.
    Gross.

First bit: personality conflict, take it or leave it.

Second bit: assholish behavior. I will joke about anything. Race, sex, gender, handicaps, the death of my own loved ones. I like manipulating language and stereotypes. However, if I get a hint that somebody's uncomfortable with the subject matter, I'm done, immediately, no questions asked*.

The head BJJ instructor is a blue? Hope they're cheap, because that is weak, IMO.

*Not on the Internet though. Screw you dorks.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 9:00am

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post

Generic Life Lesson: If someone wants you to feel obligated to accept their abuse, don't abide their manipulation.
    Perfectly stated. I don't often quote just to say something is right but this deserves an exception.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast