Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 1:27am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    9/11, Rape, AIDS, The Holocaust, and Dead Babies are all funny when jokes are delivered properly. If OP wasn't comfortable, then he is in the right to leave, but let's not pretend like there are taboo subjects that are never funny to joke about.

Now a qualifying statement like I THINK rape jokes are never funny, that one I'll let go. Everyone has something they don't think is ever funny. I, for example, feel Dane Cook is never funny.

...Maybe if he threw some rape jokes in.
    if a female very close to you was raped.. would rape jokes still be funny?

EDIT: Oh yeah now i remember... your the one who said your wife was raped and how you laugh about it or something along those lines... wow

honestly in high school i used to make rape jokes too...

and i realize i was being an idiot
    Last edited by pepto_bismol; 5/04/2012 1:35am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 6:12am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackjack View Post
    Not too shabby, but I still find some woman like Rousey kicking ass and talking **** to be much more sexy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 7:20am

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kotbegemot View Post
    Not too shabby, but I still find some woman like Rousey kicking ass and talking **** to be much more sexy.
    Is it bad if I say I can retain more watching these videos than watching coach in class? Of course I would alternate a few moves here and there....

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 7:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackjack View Post
    Is it bad if I say I can retain more watching these videos than watching coach in class? Of course I would alternate a few moves here and there....
    Well, my strength and conditioning is much closer to that of an emaciated stripper than that of a pro fighter. Maybe there's something to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 9:05am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with OP, these guys are clowns. When you hit the mat, it's time to train...leave your sophomoric humor at the door. If you have time to joke about rape during class, then the workout isn't intense enough.

Also agree with the multiple posters that a lot of people take up martial arts because at one point they were a victim and they want to rebuild confidence/learn some self-defense. You don't need to be in a gym with a bunch of meathead douchebags, you need to be in a gym with serious athletes that are there to develop skill and teach people these things.

At the end of the day, you vote with your dollars. Stop voting for this business to stay open by helping them pay their bills. It doesn't have anything to do with PC, it has everything to do with lack of focus on the task at hand - training. It just so happens in this case that these guys are fuckheads and bad trainers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 9:53am

Style: MARS, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pepto_bismol View Post
    if a female very close to you was raped.. would rape jokes still be funny?

EDIT: Oh yeah now i remember... your the one who said your wife was raped and how you laugh about it or something along those lines... wow

honestly in high school i used to make rape jokes too...

and i realize i was being an idiot
    Yeah, that's totally what I said. We laugh at rape jokes, not at specific cases of rape.

A joke like: I rolled over my german wife last night, after a brief conversation about initiating some more adventerous sexual positions. So I put it in her ass. She must have been wanting to try something else. I mean, I've heard of 69, but who's ever heard of "nine! nine! nine! nine!"

Not a joke/not funny: Hey remember that time those Phi Delts slipped you a mick and passed you around? ROFLMAO!

And it's YOU'RE, not YOUR if you are trying to say you are.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 9:59am

Style: MARS, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting a girl to have sex with me is like getting ketchup out of a glass bottle, easy if I have a knife.

(Wife Approved, apparently the last one wasn't funny)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 11:37am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    Getting a girl to have sex with me is like getting ketchup out of a glass bottle, easy if I have a knife.

(Wife Approved, apparently the last one wasn't funny)
    Random people taking a Judo class != your wife.

While your wife might think you're HILARIOUS, a random girl who was victimized by a knife-wielding attacker might fail to see the humor in your joke. That's the point.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 8:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm probably gonna come off as a dick here, but im not toally convinced Alex painted an entirely full or correct picture of what was happening.
    As im not a psychic I have no idea what DID in fact happen, but my gutfeeling says there's more to it.

Allow me:

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Kincaid View Post
    Now I know he tries to mean well, but it's just...grating. I'm there to learn to grapple. I don't want life advice. I don't need any of that nonsense. Just let me work.
    ok fair enough, I have the same attitude myself.
    but then:

I get to talking to one of the other guys about a novel I'm putting together, and how I've been tweaking it a lot this year. Coach, out of nowhere and unsolicited, goes into a big speech about how I'm wasting my time.
    Werent you rather be learning how to grapple instead of talking about other stuff?

Well, two weeks ago I go in. Dude's start cracking jokes about me. Just, really being merciless and tearing into me. Judo black belt head instructor is joining in. I ask them to cut it out a few times, no one does. We start doing this drill where we have to walk forward and swing off him and breakfall. Super standard stuff. So after I go I hear him say something about "--the line" and I turn around and go "What?" he bends down right in my face and goes "THROW THE LINE! YOU'VE DONE THIS BEFORE!" to which I kinda raise an eyebrow and throw some people. Jokes continue, from all parties including him. I get frustrated, and I leave.
    'Being merciless....tearing into you...no concrete examples though.
    oh..then, you suddenly give one concrete example about ' throw the line you've done this before'
    a remark you admit to not fully understand.

So why get specific with the 'throw the line ' remark, yet stay vague with the merciless tearing into you remarks?
    Doesnt make sense.

Now, my rational is: I felt disrespected. I'm paying for this so why should I have to put up with open mockery from everyone if I don't want to? Whatever.
    Yet you came back.
    Stay away then.
    Oh wait:

I come back in and things are fine for a bit after I apologize to him for leaving. At that point, I'd felt like I'd disrespected him. Well, two weeks go by without incident but the life coaching stuff keeps going. Whatever. About how if I'm not constantly moving toward my goals I'm wasting time or something. Again, means well but just so out of nowhere. I didn't ask for any of that. I kind of just told him that it was my goal, I was working on it plenty and he left it alone.
    So..people are saying things like you're not moving towards your goals, wasting time, and from your point of view you say thats unprovoked.
    Let's remember this.
    We continue...

Well, last thursday I go in and guys are rolling through. The coach starts talking about things he saw on facebook about how women who were raped while dress slutty shouldn't complain about it. About how they brought it on themselves and it's a stupid thing to whine about. I told him I didn't want to discuss it, as did another member of the class, and basically we all agreed to shut the topic down.
    First of all, rape is never funny unless you're dressed as a clown.
    SEcond: last phrase: WE ALL AGREED TO SHUT THE TOPIC DOWN.
    we continue:

Well, the other guys start cracking rape jokes. Before I know it the whole room is filled with tons of back and forth rape jokes with me getting more and more irritated and her flat out telling them to shut the hell up and one point.
    the other guys...
    wait..so WE ALL agree to shut the topic down, yet the other guys start cracking jokes...

I turned to one of the guys making the jokes and I told him "Dude, just leave it alone." and later asked him to stop but no. So I very calmly said I was heading out, picked up my things and went home.
    what? for the second or third time you ran off?

Well. I haven't been there since.
    *drivel edited out*

I'm looking for opinions. Argument or validation. Am I overreacting? Is stuff like this common? [/QUOTE]

Here's my hunch, from what I get from your story, you're a little bitch.
    Your story, or version of the story doesnt ad up.
    My bet is you're one of those emokids who think they train hard are serious etc, but you actually don't.
    sounds to me like, you're more into whining,and 'the other guys' actually were a bit fed up with you and started picking on you for being a little bitch.

you ofcourse missed this.
    it also says a lot about your character to throw a hissyfit to walk outta class like a little diva AND to return the next time.
    when you walk out, stay out.
    then you have backbone.

Also the fact you start your story out with the remark that you'll try to give a honest version implies to me you're already aware that you're not.

I am convinced you have manipulated and exeggerated the story to get validation online.

It's a bit sad to see most people here just eat this crap, cos your story obviously contradicts itself.

in short: **** you, emokid.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011