Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 6:08pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    Maybe he hasn't hit puberty?
    At 28 years old, I have most certainly hit puberty. My chronic fatigue and shitty diet have, as previously stated, caused me to lose significant body mass. That chest measurement is accurate, and I'm only now posting in this thread again because I needed some time to get over it. I can't begin to describe the shock that was.

On the plus side, I've gotten back to my old exercise regimen and am planning my first week on the new diet.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 6:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well hey, good motivation right?

Atleast you'll look fly in a slim suit.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 6:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, this thread had potential. Revival!!

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 7:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, this is weird as hell but here goes:

I work in "suits". Mens formal wear specifically.

I'm an asst marketing director for a chain that covers the entire PNW.

You wan't suits and marketing? Hit me up! I'll answere any questions you guys have regarding styles, trends, definitions (white tie vs. black tie), traditions, history, materials (IMPORTANT!) what the small detail on a suit mean, accessories and even the boring marketing stuff, like "How do those a-holes manage to get my personal information in the spam they just sent me..." kind of shite.

Who want's some?

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 7:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ok, this is weird as hell but here goes:

I work in "suits". Mens formal wear specifically.

I'm an asst marketing director for a chain that covers the entire PNW.

You wan't suits and marketing? Hit me up! I'll answere any questions you guys have regarding styles, trends, definitions (white tie vs. black tie), traditions, history, materials (IMPORTANT!) what the small detail on a suit mean, accessories and even the boring marketing stuff, like "How do those a-holes manage to get my personal information in the spam they just sent me..." kind of shite.

Who want's some?
    ok i've got a question: i got a very nice houndstooth suit (black/white, very fine pattern) are there any circumstances where i can get away with a non-solid shirt with it? i have a black shirt with very subtle white pinstripes, and i wasn't sure i could wear them together.

the easy choices are my solid white and solid blue shirts, but i want to be able to branch out a bit. should i just get another non-pattern suit to wear patterned shirts with it, and accept that this one is only for the solid shirts?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    7/09/2012 11:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    ok i've got a question: i got a very nice houndstooth suit (black/white, very fine pattern) are there any circumstances where i can get away with a non-solid shirt with it? i have a black shirt with very subtle white pinstripes, and i wasn't sure i could wear them together.

the easy choices are my solid white and solid blue shirts, but i want to be able to branch out a bit. should i just get another non-pattern suit to wear patterned shirts with it, and accept that this one is only for the solid shirts?
    Good question!

I would say it depends on circumstance and the shirt in question.

Since hounds tooth is such a bold patern the obvious danger is that a paterned shirt might be clashy. This becomes even more complicated when you throw a paterned tie into the mix. To much flair can add up to "circus clown" if you're not careful.

But I think a subdued patern. Dark colors and very subtle details could be complimentary. Something simple and not too busy. This monochrome pinstripe might work:

The more subdued the patern the better your chances at finding something that will work. Plaids, paisleys, mosts stripes and dots will be too much. So the more subtle the better.

It also depends on setting. The more formal the occasion, the more I would suggest playing it safe with solid colored shirts. But if it is a casual setting, be it business casual, semi-fornal or social, you could definitely get away with the "right" shirt.

You should aslo consider how much of the "suit" your wearing.

If it's just the jacket, treat it as a blazer. Base your look on what works with it, but co-ordinate everything under it to function as it's own outfit as the shirt / slacks / tie / vest need to match each other as well as look good under the jacket. This is a good business casual, social setup, and probably your best chance for getting away with a more visual shirt.

If it's a two piece we are now into "semi-formal". This is the serious business level of mens dress so it will be harder to get away with a paterned shirt. Now you've got hounds tooth from head to toe so that patern dominates. This is a classy business suit, and as such it falls under the rules of semi formal. They are boring in their simplicity. Grey suit, burgundy tie, white or blue shirt depending on what kind of collar you wear. But it's the 21st century and you can get away with more, so paterns aren't totally out of the picture if you choose well.

If it's a three piece, I would avoid paterned shirts altogether. They would just be too busy against the vest, jecket and slacks. I would only mix the two if it was %110 intentional.

So basically, the more formal the suit, the more formal the occassion, the plainer the shirt.

If you have some nice boldly patterned shirts that you really like I would totally reccomend picking up a blazer or suit specifically with them in mind. I like to cheap out and buy second hand from thrift stores in this kind of situation, but that's just me.

Hope that wasn't too long winded or circular. Have fun with your classy suit bro!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011