228219 Bullies, 4589 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 29 of 29
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. downtime is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    187

    Posted On:
    4/17/2012 9:45pm


     Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I'd give Barnett the edge against Mir, really. I feel he has better striking and wrestling than Mir and comparable ground skills despite not having won the accolades that Mir has. I believe Barnett should be able to win by TKO in the 2nd or UD.
    Interesting I would have though Barnett had reach on Mir but it has Barnett listed @ 78" Mir @ 79" You really think Barnett has better striking? I'd have them at about even.Fight Metric has their stats pretty even, Mirs strike defense supports your argument on Barnett outclassing him on the feet. I really want to see this fight happen now....Maybe Mir gets JDS wins. Barnett then wins Strike Force Title, comes over to UFC and they have a unifying bout!!!!

    Barnett
    SLpM2.4TD Avg.1.34Str. Acc.48%TD Acc.58%SApM1.44TD Def.56%Str. Def.61%Sub. Avg.1.41

    Mir
    SLpM2.48TD Avg.3.01Str. Acc.50%TD Acc.51%SApM3.54TD Def.50%Str. Def.41%Sub. Avg.3.17
  2. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    4/17/2012 9:58pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Interesting I would have though Barnett had reach on Mir but it has Barnett listed @ 78" Mir @ 79" You really think Barnett has better striking? I'd have them at about even.Fight Metric has their stats pretty even, Mirs strike defense supports your argument on Barnett outclassing him on the feet. I really want to see this fight happen now....Maybe Mir gets JDS wins. Barnett then wins Strike Force Title, comes over to UFC and they have a unifying bout!!!!

    Barnett
    SLpM2.4TD Avg.1.34Str. Acc.48%TD Acc.58%SApM1.44TD Def.56%Str. Def.61%Sub. Avg.1.41

    Mir
    SLpM2.48TD Avg.3.01Str. Acc.50%TD Acc.51%SApM3.54TD Def.50%Str. Def.41%Sub. Avg.3.17
    You can't play moneyball with MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  3. downtime is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    187

    Posted On:
    4/17/2012 10:56pm


     Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    You can't play moneyball with MMA.
    Yeah but Im in a statistics course right now so I might as well try. Trying to inject something I enjoy into it may actually keep me from gouging my eyes out with a pen during class.
  4. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,061

    Posted On:
    4/18/2012 12:35pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...b.2C_120_kg.29
    Quite a few of these guys would not be able to begin to handle Barnett IMO.
  5. Vince Tortelli is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000

    Posted On:
    4/18/2012 10:42pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...b.2C_120_kg.29
    Quite a few of these guys would not be able to begin to handle Barnett IMO.
    I'd say Cain (quicker hands & better wrestling ability), Fabricio (doubt Josh is submitting him, and his striking looked MUCH improved vs Big Country), Carwin (if he can finish it in the first), Nogueira (he's done it before, granted Josh has beaten him too) and while I'm at at it I'll throw Roy Nelson in, but only because I am a shameless cheerleader for Roy Nelson and would pick him to defeat any opponent besides Adult Obesity, could all beat Captain Steroids.
  6. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,061

    Posted On:
    4/19/2012 11:23am

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    I'd say Cain (quicker hands & better wrestling ability), Fabricio (doubt Josh is submitting him, and his striking looked MUCH improved vs Big Country), Carwin (if he can finish it in the first), Nogueira (he's done it before, granted Josh has beaten him too) and while I'm at at it I'll throw Roy Nelson in, but only because I am a shameless cheerleader for Roy Nelson and would pick him to defeat any opponent besides Adult Obesity, could all beat Captain Steroids.
    Could yes. Anything can happen in a fight.

    I think Overeem is captain steroids at the moment, as he just got popped, and was about to fight for the premier mma title. Josh's turn was when the Fedor fight got tanked.

    Sonnen was juiced to the max vs. AS. He was captain steroids prior to Overeem. Shame they won't let Sonnen fight in the UFC...oh wait. Well, at least they no longer want Overeem (oh).
  7. Vince Tortelli is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000

    Posted On:
    4/19/2012 2:30pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I give Josh a lifetime achievement award in this area because the Fedor fight was the 3rd time he's been caught. As for convicted white collar crimminal and roid head Chael Sonnen and his strategy of lying atop his opponents, clasping them to his warm bossom lest they catch cold....I'd swap him out for Nick Diaz any day, both are masters of the incoherent self delusional interview, but at least Nick's fights are entertaining to watch.
  8. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,061

    Posted On:
    4/27/2012 1:33am

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    I give Josh a lifetime achievement award in this area because the Fedor fight was the 3rd time he's been caught. As for convicted white collar crimminal and roid head Chael Sonnen and his strategy of lying atop his opponents, clasping them to his warm bossom lest they catch cold....I'd swap him out for Nick Diaz any day, both are masters of the incoherent self delusional interview, but at least Nick's fights are entertaining to watch.
    Diaz is a monster, and is sorely missed. One of the most game guys in the...er...game.

    I liked his interviews though. Less incoherence, but more simmering anger. MMA needs more Nick Diaz types. True athletes who live and breathe competition. I don't think many top mma fighters do triathlons, or could. It's ironic that the way for Condit to beat him, involved kinda retreating.

    My love of Barnett stems from his intelligent fighting style, and submission expertise. He's not winning b/c he's roiding IMO. He's winning b/c he's the better fighter, and a big ass dude, to be so slick (261 lbs). Chael Sonnen lost his biggest fight, and was caught cheating during it. That's whack. at a 16.9-1, he still couldn't win.

    Srs. though, I don't like outright cheating, but most fighters seem to take things, just not the prohibited (yet) ones.

    What do you think of Sonnen saying everyone manipulates their Test. levels? Bullshit from a sore busted loser, or closer to the truth, than away from it?
  9. CNagy is offline
    CNagy's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    982

    Posted On:
    4/28/2012 8:31am


     Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say it's probably the truth. That's not to say that they are taking banned substances necessarily, but with an allowed ratio of 4:1/6:1 depending on the state, there's no reason not to do what you can to optimize testosterone production.

    Plus, the phrase "manipulates their Test" is very broad, as it would include not only direct manipulation of testosterone but manipulation of any hormones that have a noticeable effect on Test production, like cortisol. A very Sonnen-like phrase; outrageous on the outside (in effect "everyone is using!") but with plenty of ways to walk it back ("you thought I meant steroids? That's ridiculous.")
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.