Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 4:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    I'm not certain Mir would take Barnett. I personally think Barnett is a serious threat to anybody at HW. I'd never bet against him.
    Never underestimate the power of Frank Mir to desecrate the idols of our youth.

[Set Troll to Off]
    I'm certainly not saying Josh isn't capable of beating Cain, Junior, et al, but he is closer to the twilight of his career than his glory days. Given his somewhat antagonistic history with Dana White and his history of performance enhancing drug use, I doubt Zuffa will move him over to the big show.

Then again they have signed Fedor and Tito Freaking Ortiz continues to main event events, so who can say?
    [Troll Re-Engaged]

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 7:34pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Then again they have signed Fedor and Tito Freaking Ortiz continues to main event events, so who can say?
    [Troll Re-Engaged]
    When did Zuffa sign Fedor? please tell me you did not fall for some April fools joke. Or were you refering to the fact that he was under contract for Strike Force from 09-11 He technically only had 1 fight under Zuffa Ownership as they purchased Strikeforce in March of 11.

:)

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 10:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm certainly not saying Josh isn't capable of beating Cain, Junior, et al, but he is closer to the twilight of his career than his glory days.
    Barnett is as skilled a fighter as any HW in the world, IMO. Did you watch his last two fights?

Mir is a beast, but can you look at the entire UFC HW roster, and say Barnett doesn't belong among them? Mir would have a better shot at Barnett than just about any of them, b/c of his particular strengths.

Crocop (x3), Rizzo, and Nog and the only guys to have beaten him, in 36 fights.

6 decisions and 1 dq in 36 fights? 19 subs? That's what I wanna see. Finish the thing. No coasting.

And the UFC needs to snag Cormier also. That guy was magical against Bigfoot. Now that JDS Overeem may not happen, I'm actually most excited about this one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 10:44pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Barnett is as skilled a fighter as any HW in the world, IMO. Did you watch his last two fights?

Mir is a beast, but can you look at the entire UFC HW roster, and say Barnett doesn't belong among them? Mir would have a better shot at Barnett than just about any of them, b/c of his particular strengths.

Crocop (x3), Rizzo, and Nog and the only guys to have beaten him, in 36 fights.

6 decisions and 1 dq in 36 fights? 19 subs? That's what I wanna see. Finish the thing. No coasting.

And the UFC needs to snag Cormier also. That guy was magical against Bigfoot. Now that JDS Overeem may not happen, I'm actually most excited about this one.
    The more I think about it the more I would like to see a MIR/Barnett fight. Mirs issue often is his chin and Barnett hasnt had to many ko's or TKO's. I'd like to see an expected ground game like when Mir &Nog fought....I'd definately buy that fight......Dont forget Bobby he did avenge that loss to Rizzo with a KO of his own.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 7:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...Now that JDS Overeem may not happen, I'm actually most excited about this one.
    Hold your horses. The hearing is next week.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

:)

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 9:24am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Hold your horses. The hearing is next week.
    I'd be surprised if they let him fight.

Also, obviously the UFC wants to cash in on Overeem, in spite of the failed test. Kinda nulls out the argument to not sign Barnett somewhat.

I'd like to see Cormier climb his way up the UFC chain. Great hands, superb wrestling. Prop and pound FTW.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 9:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the other Pride alumni who have come over are reliable forecasters of future events, Josh will be brutalized by Frank Mir ( see Antonio Rodrigo N. and Mirko F.), and if his own past history is any indication, he will fail a roids test and get cut.
    I don't know that I'd say Mir "brutalized" Nogeira. All credit to a vicious Kimura, let's not forget that Frankie boy was out on his feet. If Nog hadn't gotten greedy for that guillotine, I think the fight probably would have been stopped shorty after due to unanswered strikes.

Kudos to Mir for jumping all over the opportunity when it arose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 10:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mir-Nog I was a brutalization. The second fight was, as you said, more of a victory snatched from the jaws of defeat.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 11:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mir-Nog I was a brutalization. The second fight was, as you said, more of a victory snatched from the jaws of defeat.
    I see. Well, Mir Nog 1 should be discounted somewhat since apparently Nog was coming off of a massive staph infection and pumped full of antibiotics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 2:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd give Barnett the edge against Mir, really. I feel he has better striking and wrestling than Mir and comparable ground skills despite not having won the accolades that Mir has. I believe Barnett should be able to win by TKO in the 2nd or UD.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast