Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 2:30pm

Style: MARS, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    You may know a bunch of fighters that claim not to use PEDs but how many of them are top tier Pros? If we were to really take a hard look at professional and high level sports (football, baseball, triathletes, olympic level sports), I'm talking about unbiassed outside peer reviewed science. How many of the best are taking some sort of PED or have taken them in the past?

You don't have an issue with supplements but who draws the line between supplement and PED? As for my assumption about athletes taking PEDs? Let me ask you this. How many drugs would you take if it meant you would go from middle of the pack to front runner and that difference would mean millions of dollars? Sort of the difference between third string and starting lineup in the NFL.

It's human nature to push the envelope in order to win and even more so when you start involving money.

And let's not even go down the road of I'm clean for my piss test.... Put all of these pros on a polygraph and ask them about ANY PRIOR USE. What the **** do I care if you piss clean now but spent 2 years bulking up on PEDs? That's no better than the guy who couldn't piss clean.

As gezere says. Let the pros do what they want. At least that levels the playing field and returns the intellectual honesty to the game and we can all stop arguing over the merits of a persons wins.

PS. Yes I know a polygraph is blahblahblah..........
    Well...the athletic commission draws that line dude. A lot of things are human nature, many of them are still against the rules.

I'm a human, it's in my nature to want to win at all costs. I know that giving a guy the old 5on2 would probably allow me to loosen up his turtle defense, but its against the rules. Should I do it anyway? Grabbing his balls didn't grant me more skill, but it sure as **** could win me a match that I might otherwise have lost.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 4:00pm

Style: FMA/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd be surprised if none of them were blood doping. Cardio through the roof until the end of the last round? That would have to be appealing. Even more so because it's tough to detect.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 4:04pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    The only issue would really be for guys like me who might want to comete but don't want to pump their bodies full of **** in order to do so. If you're pro I get it, you're going to do whatever it takes to win because your paycheck is at stake. I don't care if pros juice, come on we all fucking know their doing it anyways.

But it would suck balls if at the hobbyiest level you had to juice in order to stay competitive.

Exactly, I don't want to have to illegally hunt down a dealer, then possess and inject an illegal substance so I can compete on a "level" playing field at the amateur level.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 5:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Let pros take what they want, period.
    Simple fact that roids or PEDs doesn't magically grant skill so it not "cheating" like the ignorant claim it is so if they want to push their bodies to the limit let them.
    Being able to train more and recuperate faster.
    Having higher muscle percentages (densities, volume, etc) resulting in more power, speed.

It wouldn't be a cheat if it was legal/allowed/considered fair game/in the open/all that jazz

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 5:22pm

Style: MARS, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Being able to train more and recuperate faster.
    Having higher muscle percentages (densities, volume, etc) resulting in more power, speed.

It wouldn't be a cheat if it was legal/allowed/considered fair game/in the open/all that jazz
    Right, and then my reson for bitching would then be invalid.

As an aside, I think the idea that it's ok for pros but not ammys, unsettling. So to be a pro athelete you should have to fill yourself with bullshit in order to be on the same playing field as potential opponents?

Maybe if fighters got paid a **** load more to be low/mid tier fighters. I could see the justification for this inMLB and the like, because they make stupid money.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 3:26am

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Indian Clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's so common to hear I someone testing positive I'm sure most of them are at the professional level. I was speaking to a bodybuilding friend and there are so many ways to mask them... The ones who get caught just didn't do a good job of covering it up.

Anyway, juicing is dumb.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123