Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Saturated fat

  1. #11
    cualltaigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,470
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilde88 View Post
    @cualltaigh: Am I culinary illiterate or did you forget to add an ingredient to your recipe lol? Where I'm from, marinara is a tomato paste you dip your cheese sticks in. Is that supposed to be a seafood mix and I use 200 grams of it or do I add 200 grams or tomato paste and then some seafood?
    haha, no, was referring to a mix of raw seafoods that we can get from the supermarket here. White fish, red fish, calamari, prawns (or shrimp for you muricans) and mussels. Usually is around $12-13/kg but every other week is on special for $10/kg.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

  2. #12
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    1,715
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice, hopefully the hippie market will carry this marinara mix, thought i'm sure i could just improvise. Thanks for everyone's help.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,472
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *face palm:

    I keep telling people saturated fat is not the enemy. The type of saturated fat is. You're going to have to break down the type of saturated you're consuming before excluding it from your diet. My wife and I have lost over 50lbs in the last year by properly balancing this. Remember it is not the enemy just a tool.

    Up your vegetable intake and make sure not to mix the simple carbs with the fats. This has worked with most of my clients. Anybody else want to chime in on this?

  4. #14
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    1,715
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    *face palm:

    I keep telling people saturated fat is not the enemy. The type of saturated fat is. You're going to have to break down the type of saturated you're consuming before excluding it from your diet. My wife and I have lost over 50lbs in the last year by properly balancing this. Remember it is not the enemy just a tool.

    Up your vegetable intake and make sure not to mix the simple carbs with the fats. This has worked with most of my clients. Anybody else want to chime in on this?
    Nice info. I didn't realise there were different kinds of saturated fats. How can you make the distinction? If you're talking about polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fats, I was under the impression those are Omega 3s.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,472
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilde88 View Post
    Nice info. I didn't realise there were different kinds of saturated fats. How can you make the distinction? If you're talking about polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fats, I was under the impression those are Omega 3s.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Generally speaking poly bad, mono good. (*snicker Omega 3's)...

    Now there's a new theory on the Omega 6's.

    The easiest way of thinking about it is the more natural the fat exists the better it is for your body. I tell people this so they don't have to over think it and they don't have to carry around an encyclopedia or down load an app that they always have to check.

  6. #16
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    1,715
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool beans

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    TaeBo_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,002
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega is 100% correct. A healthy, natural, well balanced diet is far healthier and far easier to achieve than trying to hyper-regulate one or two specific dietary aspects.

    Additionally, the amount of saturated fat that persists in your blood is affected more than anything by your activity level, and secondarily by your fiber intake. So if you wanna have less fat in your body (of all kinds), get your ass to the gym, or the road, or whatever kicks your ass.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!


    "You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

    - The Wastrel

  8. #18
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    1,715
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I searched for info on this topic here, I saw someone saying sugar has the most impact on weight gain, is this true?

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

  9. #19

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,472
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilde88 View Post
    When I searched for info on this topic here, I saw someone saying sugar has the most impact on weight gain, is this true?

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Not exactly, but in lay terms I would say yes.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    187
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilde88 View Post
    Nice info. I didn't realise there were different kinds of saturated fats. How can you make the distinction? If you're talking about polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fats, I was under the impression those are Omega 3s.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

    Watch the documentary Fat Head it has a section where it does a pretty good job of explaining the whole Sat fat controversy and the differences. I agree with Omega on this. ......

    Omega 3's...? sigh had to go there huh?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO