Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 2:12pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    It's been my experience that people who can actually fight worth a damn do one of three things: either calmly and logically fight like it's a chess board, react without even thinking about it or completely lose their **** and berserk. Obviously, it's not a total A, B or C type of thing, but everyone who I know to have won a street fight that I've talked to about it more or less falls into one of those categories.
    yeah.. this sounds about right. I think the environment at my bjj class are one of the reasons that I could keep so calm. We are always calm when we train. We give our opponent chances so he can become better and even though we compete we do it in a nice and calm way. We always shake hands after training. Sometimes when we sit around after rolling I feel like I am in a pack. It feels like it is what I was made to do.

Another thing that could have helped me is that I have been reading alot about inner game and why we react like we do. I don't get angry for anything anymore.. and I used to be a totally fucked up kid.. and I mean way beyond. I remember one time when I walked into the gym. The campus shrink was running on the treadmill and when he saw me he stopped running and just observed me. When professionals react like this then you can be sure that the inner problems are showing..

so yeah. I am lucky to have this in my life.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 2:23pm

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    Uh oh...I think this is how people turn into these vigilante superheros you read about.
    Just stay away from capes. They won't help at all and are sooo 1980s anyway. Same with bat ears.

But if you've got to wear tights at least go for the Joel Sheumaker inspired codpiece, might make a decent cup and you never know, some chicks might find it... 'inspiring.'

If you happen to be a billionaire super genius then personally I think the whole ironman thing would be the way to go, in which case you really don't need any martail arts training anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 2:47pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    Just stay away from capes. They won't help at all and are sooo 1980s anyway. Same with bat ears.

But if you've got to wear tights at least go for the Joel Sheumaker inspired codpiece, might make a decent cup and you never know, some chicks might find it... 'inspiring.'

If you happen to be a billionaire super genius then personally I think the whole ironman thing would be the way to go, in which case you really don't need any martail arts training anyway.
    Ok. Let's do this. Let's dream up a superhero.

First of all Iron man is not possible with the current technology. A super hero needs to be mobile and he can't drive around in a bat mobile. (Yeah I know.. it makes me sad too) A super hero need to be able to move fast in an urban environment like spider man .. preferably without being seen. Free running is the closest thing I can think off.

I found this youtube channel that can provide some info and ideas about the subject.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/strengthproject .. yes youtube lol :P

The next thing we need is some detective skills and information gathering ability. I have no idea on how to even start with this one. It is not my branch.

About fighting. I see bjj/wrestling/boxing and thai boxing as the preferred styles. It could also be interesting to have some kind of weapons.. I saw this stun gun here on bullshido a couple of days ago. Might be abit dangerous.. might cause a heart attack etc.. pepperspray or teargas might also something to use for crowd control. which means that we would like a mask that can protect from gas without fucking up the breathing ability or the vision of our hero.

What's next. I dunno.. We know have a character that can fight and move swift without being detected. pluss that he can gather info in some magical way which means that he knows what happens where it happens etc. miniature surveillance drones or something. this is probably something that is actually possible today.

come with your suggestions if you want to.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 3:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just stay away from capes. They won't help at all and are sooo 1980s anyway.
    Just ask Dollar Bill how much good a cape does you.

OTOH, the US military is rolling out a pain ray. High frequency microwave, can't penetrate the skin enough to do damage, but tells the nerves they are being boiled. Dibs on the Agony Gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 4:09pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Just ask Dollar Bill how much good a cape does you.

OTOH, the US military is rolling out a pain ray. High frequency microwave, can't penetrate the skin enough to do damage, but tells the nerves they are being boiled. Dibs on the Agony Gun.
    Dude, **** that. Sometimes real life just gets too close to sci-fi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 4:45pm

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    Dude, **** that. Sometimes real life just gets too close to sci-fi.
    Is that an argument for or against superheroes?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 2:38am

Style: Ju d'oh!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that an argument for or against superheroes?
    They already exist, go and look up "Real Life Superheroes"

Mostly they range from doing various community outreach efforts in costumes to a costumed neighborhood watch, with a few actually (supposedly) looking for crimes to thwart.

It's actually quite... fascinating.

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 8:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosai View Post

Mostly they range from doing various community outreach efforts in costumes to a costumed neighborhood watch, with a few actually (supposedly) looking for crimes to thwart.

I was just at the salad bar, wearing my Princess Leah super person outfit with the plastic light saber and flashlight/laser pistol, when some dude made a move on the last black olive. I calmly choked him out using mind control and a surprise RNC. I calmly stepped on his carcass and got the olive. His mom learned to attend her children at the salad bar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 10:30pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosai View Post

I am all for the community outreach efforts, more should get into some volunteer work.

The rest... Neighborhood watch in costumes and trying to thwart crimes sound like damn good ways to get shot. Capes don't block bullets.

The info gathering drones sound interesting... We can call him Big Brother.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 8:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    I was just at the salad bar, wearing my Princess Leah super person outfit with the plastic light saber and flashlight/laser pistol,
    You mis-spelled "fleshlight."
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast